MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for this either and I could live with the brighter color. Has anyone photoshopped the figure with its correct colors though?

I was convinced this figure didn't have the correct, darker shade of red as seen in the movie. But now, I'm not really sure.

The armor appears darker when Tony is on the ground fighting in Afghanistan or at night against Monger. But it looks to be a little lighter in other scenes, where, lo and behold, there's more light.

The original IM Mark 3 might be a little too dark. If the DC release comes close to this, I'll be satisfied:

I'm glad the colours are brighter and I think it looks amazing - I'll only ever buy one Iron Man figure and it'll be this one because its the most representative of the character and its made of metal like the suit itself. Everything else in that picture might be cool but still looks like 'Polar Batman' or whatever; this looks like the 'definitive' version to me.

I'm sure it's written in one of the art books or on the DVD extras. Though I'm unsure which. I'll see if I can locate something. But a lot of my info comes from Stan Winston studios(which handled the prac effects on the first film) and people that worked on the film directly. Myself and some family (dad, uncle, ex) have worked in the industry. But I know I've seen it quoted before somewhere.

As for Avi, I don't think he would mind anything I said. Especially since he was involved in the design. I believe it was him that said he didn't want it to look like a man in a suit, especially mentioning robocop and c3po ect.

That's cool man, I love Adi's artwork I was very happy when I found out he would be designing the suits for the 2008 movie.

I've read several interviews with him but his discussion of the original movie design is very limited. Things that stuck in my head were his references to aircraft design and how he applied that to the MKIII and that it was his favourite suit out of the seven (from an Avengers related interview).

I'm not really into DVD/Bluray commentaries so not surprised I missed it if he spoke about it there lol. Anything you find would be awesome thanks!

That's cool man, I love Adi's artwork I was very happy when I found out he would be designing the suits for the 2008 movie.

I've read several interviews with him but his discussion of the original movie design is very limited. Things that stuck in my head were his references to aircraft design and how he applied that to the MKIII and that it was his favourite suit out of the seven (from an Avengers related interview).

I'm not really into DVD/Bluray commentaries so not surprised I missed it if he spoke about it there lol. Anything you find would be awesome thanks!

I'll look for it all.

But Avi wasn't the main designer of the suit. 90% of it was designed at Stan Winston by Phil Saunders. Avi had input as did a few others. But all the concept art was drawn by Phil. Most of avi's input was inspiration from the comics

I'll look for it all.

But Avi wasn't the main designer of the suit. 90% of it was designed at Stan Winston by Phil Saunders. Avi had input as did a few others. But all the concept art was drawn by Phil. Most of avi's input was inspiration from the comics

Very interesting, didn't know that. Thanks! :)

Is the mark III smaller than other Iron Man suits or was it just my imagination when I saw the display picture of it with the various other suits (mark 42, Peacemaker, etc)???

Thanks, just as well there's suits like Red Snapper, Peacemaker & Igor then or it'd bug me no end having an Iron Man suit that's not the same size as the others. lol ;)

Yeah, but it should be at least consistent with the other foot-tall armors, not just a shade under a foot. I guess HT is screwing around with scale again, trying to save some money on each figure.

Yeah, but it should be at least consistent with the other foot-tall armors, not just a shade under a foot. I guess HT is screwing around with scale again, trying to save some money on each figure.

I hope they don't make a habit of it, if they are making 1:6 scale as per their licence then they really should make what they are licenced to & not just nearly to scale. :(

I hope they don't make a habit of it, if they are making 1:6 scale as per their licence then they really should make what they are licenced to & not just nearly to scale. :(

I suspect they will. They already did it with the Elder Pred 2.0. I wonder which figure is going to get the short end of the stick next.

It's half a centremeter shorter than the other Iron Man suits, that's quite significant really..., well obviously as I noticed it in the display picture. lol ;)

Was MK 3 actually shorter among the armors though? Like the first 7 suits. Not sure. Maybe he was

Maybe they'll address the issue before they release the figure OR if not, at least explain why the shorter figure.

Back