MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only one that seems capable of fitting a person is Silver Centurion, it has a thicker torso. There's no way Stark would fit in the Mk43 unless he was built like Doug Jones or something.

I don't think the mk33 would work any more then the mk7 or any others. It may work as a cosplay suit with some tweaks. But the way the iron man suit is depicted is just utterly impossible. I've built more then a couple and you can't match the movie look pretty close. You can't really move in it...and you don't have the air breaks or anything usually..but that's with just clothing and fiberglass or resin or vinyl or rubber. The skin as it where. There is no way to do it and get that look with the actual under suit. If you look at im1 at the mk3 construction scene for example. That under suit skeleton. It would make the suit much thicker and you would either end up with something like iron monger where you sit in a big cavity in a huge chest or maybe like the halo suits or fallout power armor where it's these huge thick plates and you look massive. And those still wouldn't work becuase where your legs would line up wouldn't work with ankles like the suit makes. They make it look like it's just a suit you throw on and you move the same. Like a pair of bikes some jeans and a tee shirt...but that's just not how it works. I saw RDJ in the practical suit SW built and that was without all the hydros and actuators and circuits and actual metal...just fiberglass and resin and rubber...and he still was MUCh bulkier looking then he appeared on screen.

The suit as designed, or intended anyway...it just won't work on an actual person. So the whole idea that the figures are not proportional is silly. Of course they are not. The suit is a fantasy. It's like comparing a dragon toy to a crocodile and being mad that the dragon appears fake. Shocker. Lol the fact that they managed to even get it close is a minor miracle. That people see it as "real" is testament to how great they are.

In visual mediums humans are drawn 8 to 8.5 heads tall, which is proportionally taller than the average human build which is 7 or 7.5. It has become the marker of a god like or more noble human form in visual fiction. They deliberately targeted this 8 head height with the Iron Man armors.

Secrets of Iron Man's New Suits | WIRED

But what about the shoulders? He looks like he has insanely broad shoulders and a tiny waist.

That’s true, that’s true. That’s the comic book proportions. That’s the trait that makes him successful. He has very broad shoulders, the smallest head possible, and very narrow hips on really long legs. It’s a really interesting body type, which is the comic-book body type.

So is Robert Downey Jr. even close to the actual measurements of the suit?

No, nobody is. The aspect of what it is, is if you were to take a formula for drawing a person, is seven heads tall. Just about anybody, proportional to their body. The comic book [formula] is eight heads tall. His suit is actually eight heads, which is to say, they took the measurement of the head and stacked them eight from the ground up, he’s eight heads tall. I think that’s partially why the suit looks as good.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_proportions

ap5t9mU.png

uWFoUJM.jpg

Has anyone discussed at any time that Black Widow is hardly real world proportions? Her arms are about as thin as a broom handle.

Yep that article sums it up well. The mk5 suit has a waist of 21 inches. Yep. Lol

Also addresses why the mk3 has limited torso articulation. It was designed that way by the suit designer (Shane) and marvel.

Great post, rocbolt. :duff That helps explain why RDJ, whose listed height is the same as Gwyneth Paltrow's, is several inches taller than her while wearing the suit in this scene from IM2.

tumblr_n4suzh3gZr1rol0uno4_250.gif

Great post, rocbolt. :duff That helps explain why RDJ, whose listed height is the same as Gwyneth Paltrow's, is several inches taller than her while wearing the suit in this scene from IM2.

tumblr_n4suzh3gZr1rol0uno4_250.gif

Yup! And you'll also see how much fatter the suit looks in that scene since it uses parts of the practical suit. :D

Just received The diecast Mark iii... It's really pretty. But the fact that it has ZERO articulation in the torso and ankles is asinine and inexcusable. This is a case of "So Close Yet So Far" Even at $185 shipped, through auction.. it's really stupid.

I just display mine in the power 3-point stance. I hate the lack of ab articulation but am happy to get the other pose. $185 is a hell of a deal....

Wow! Great deal! I would have sold you my exclusive for $400.00. I guess you can't please everyone b

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but do we know whether this will not have the "pink panties" problem, or it is unsure? My Mark 3 BD has it, and I'm really worried about if this will have it over the time too... Which would be a deal-breaker for me. Thanks in advance!

I don't think any of the Diecast ones have developed this issue yet. Mark VII was also clean.

Got mine in today. I was starting to consider not keeping it while waiting for it to arrive, as I had the original release, but once I saw it, WOW. This figure is a beauty. I'm really happy I decided to pull the trigger on this one.

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but do we know whether this will not have the "pink panties" problem, or it is unsure? My Mark 3 BD has it, and I'm really worried about if this will have it over the time too... Which would be a deal-breaker for me. Thanks in advance!

It wont

Just cracked mine open... been sitting in the box for too long from being too busy...
Really love the classic look this guy has. The ankle thing is really the only gripe I have... but picked him up for $200 shipped during the PC sale... so I'm a happy camper!

Back