MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry to much about swapping the midsection out. It's really not to hard. And it will give you a lot more pose options. The flap cover is just static cling mostly. Tweezers and an exacto knife and it's not to bad.

But congrats on the score. And nice pics.

What would I need to do to put the Iron Man 2 arc reactor creation Tony head on this? Isn't there a neck piece I would need?

Ground poses are spectacular- what a splendid figure......the nit picks are really not that important. I see how people wanted a better articulated torso but really other than the ground pose how much do you need that torso to bend? Most poses on IM figures don't require much torso twisting...

Don't worry to much about swapping the midsection out. It's really not to hard. And it will give you a lot more pose options. The flap cover is just static cling mostly. Tweezers and an exacto knife and it's not to bad.
But congrats on the score. And nice pics.

I had time to play around with the torso for the first time yesterday, I agree it was easier than I thought. The button only releases the back clip so you really need to tug (hard) at the midsection to release the front clips. After releasing the leg swivel getting it into place was pretty easy, I still can't get the left foot to stay flat though. Really wish it had ankle tilts.

I will not be displaying it in this way because it seems like there is a lot of weight on the rubber right hand, might rub or distort the shape.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_3089.JPG

Agreed, I was very surprised at how easy it was to swap out the midsection. Plus he looks pretty awesome with it. This is my current setup: 20150929_233828.jpg20150929_231844.jpg

Nice, it really show how the ab section can be used for more than just the landing pose! I don't have too much gripe about the lack of torso articulation. The sculpted twisted ab section actually creates the illusion that each part of the armour is rotating. My biggest complaint would be the lack of ankle articulation. It doesn't matter as much if the figure is going to be airborne, but the omission of the ankle joint is a grave oversight.

I think the reason the ankle design is done as is, is becuase they would of had to completly redesign the ankle to get that sideways motion. It has a joint, it does move up/down. But the left/right motion would currently be restricted by the armor. To alter this would not only take a full lower leg redesign...but would add between 4 and 6 new articulation points. That most likely would require at least one new spru(these are set up in the tooling just like you see model car kit parts). Adding that spru would add a decent amount to the overall cost, for what amounts to a pretty small upgrade.(the average person only has like 10-15 degrees of sideways ankle movement) and realistically...if the suit where real..it wouldn't have a joint there with that design. That adds a weak point and a spot for projectiles to penetrate.

For me, given the way the lower leg was designed, and the extra cost I don't think it's an issue.

I think the reason the ankle design is done as is, is becuase they would of had to completly redesign the ankle to get that sideways motion. It has a joint, it does move up/down. But the left/right motion would currently be restricted by the armor. To alter this would not only take a full lower leg redesign...but would add between 4 and 6 new articulation points. That most likely would require at least one new spru(these are set up in the tooling just like you see model car kit parts). Adding that spru would add a decent amount to the overall cost, for what amounts to a pretty small upgrade.(the average person only has like 10-15 degrees of sideways ankle movement) and realistically...if the suit where real..it wouldn't have a joint there with that design. That adds a weak point and a spot for projectiles to penetrate.

For me, given the way the lower leg was designed, and the extra cost I don't think it's an issue.

:goodpost:

Very logical.....what are you doing in this forum. :lol

They could've resigned the lower leg and also fix the height at the same time :wink1:

Sure, they could have. They could do pretty much anything. That's not the issue. It's if that change is worth it. They go from a two piece single seam piece that requires min time to paint and assemble with no added tooling costs, and is faithful to the design by marvel. Or they can change it, go to 6-8(at least) pieces that would require engineering time, new tooling set up, two new attachment points for the flaps, a lot more assembly and paint time, added risk for damage on assembly, the added packing(you see they wrap every articulated spot during packing). All for what would be a very small gain. Can do it doesn't mean much.

Sure, they could have. They could do pretty much anything. That's not the issue. It's if that change is worth it. They go from a two piece single seam piece that requires min time to paint and assemble with no added tooling costs, and is faithful to the design by marvel. Or they can change it, go to 6-8(at least) pieces that would require engineering time, new tooling set up, two new attachment points for the flaps, a lot more assembly and paint time, added risk for damage on assembly, the added packing(you see they wrap every articulated spot during packing). All for what would be a very small gain. Can do it doesn't mean much.

My bad, I was 100% joking :lol

@SLO_MO: Can I make a picture request? I wonder if it'd be possible to do a dynamic pose similar to this where Iron Man is leaning in to make a repulsor blas

Ground poses are spectacular- what a splendid figure......the nit picks are really not that important. I see how people wanted a better articulated torso but really other than the ground pose how much do you need that torso to bend? Most poses on IM figures don't require much torso twisting...

Sure, most poses don't need torso twisting, but some of them look stiff and a bit unnatural without a little torso articulation (by a few degrees here and there). Is it a deal breaker for me? No, I've made my peace with the figure we got (the twisted torso has forced me to be more creative with my posing).

I had time to play around with the torso for the first time yesterday, I agree it was easier than I thought. The button only releases the back clip so you really need to tug (hard) at the midsection to release the front clips. After releasing the leg swivel getting it into place was pretty easy, I still can't get the left foot to stay flat though. Really wish it had ankle tilts.

I will not be displaying it in this way because it seems like there is a lot of weight on the rubber right hand, might rub or distort the shape.

It looks like the left leg can still bend a bit at the knee (the last click is the hardest one... it'll feel like you're breaking it). That should help get the leg flatter on the ground.

It looks like the left leg can still bend a bit at the knee (the last click is the hardest one... it'll feel like you're breaking it). That should help get the leg flatter on the ground.

I tried that last night but stopped for fear of breaking it. To me it seems like the knee ratcheting joint just flat out stops after 90deg. I'll try it again when I'm feeling brave.

Finally got mine to the ground punch pose...think its going to stay like that for a while...
uploadfromtaptalk1443719143895.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Back