MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my dieceast Iron Man Mk.III a couple of days ago. The sculpt, the paintjob, and all the attention to details really makes this a beautiful figure! At first I was a bit disappointed in the limited articulation, but I soon decided to use the twisted waist section and for once try on the ground punch/landing pose. It took a bit of fiddling, but I think I got it close enough. :)

Damn that looks awesome, good job, I'm going to try that with mine now :clap

Well, I finally got this guy open before the Packer game yesterday and I am so glad I went ahead and purchased him, despite some of the criticisms about the fig on here. This is my first DC figure and I was definitely not expecting him to be that heavy. It really adds something to the figure.

Personally I love the red on this figure. I'm a fan of the comic books and the movies and this thing is the perfect fig to have as my definitive IM. I have about 20 Hot Toys figs and this is probably my second favorite after my Cap. Anyway, enjoy some pictures!
20cb35239238a9f9ed66d0c78b99f5b3.jpg
adf337ce152b0e2005b40bbe4c10df91.jpg
994383a2d1bb894491b8c5ccee390f6e.jpg
2805ebe2bdd5fd9d383fae18eba44281.jpg
4da289fb2c6fcbd4dc9ea075de698b0e.jpg
31073fdc8832c83926f15ee699cb2e7b.jpg
52efd08290ff595eb98180e6fe94ef0e.jpg
aabab75cddf19384d3a5c5dc4e7b03c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my dieceast Iron Man Mk.III a couple of days ago. The sculpt, the paintjob, and all the attention to details really makes this a beautiful figure! At first I was a bit disappointed in the limited articulation, but I soon decided to use the twisted waist section and for once try on the ground punch/landing pose. It took a bit of fiddling, but I think I got it close enough. :)

You can definitely round out the arm more so it doesn't look so stiff pointed downward, here's an old photo of mine posted a week ago.

They are some interesting pictures Motux. Where did you see the suits? I love seeing that stuff...

That display was from the Hall of Armor exhibit at Disneyland Innoventions.

As for the Mk3 practical suit red color, I've seen varying shades of red. Part of it is lighting and part of it is how the paint turns out depending on the material used for that particular suit (some suits were made with fiberglass/resin, others with rubber, depends on the scene). The chest plate shown in Disneyland may not be from the hero suit, as they made a ton of individual parts for a variety of shots. AFA can tell, the hero suits seem to be the darker red, as seen on the practical suit displayed at Arclight, the practical suit in pieces shown in the Art of IM book, and the BTS feature on the home video. Now we know how practical props look in person and how they look on screen can oftentimes be completely different. CG representation shows that the producers in all likelihood intended for the suit to have a brighter red than the practical suit. In my book, the HT Mk3 is close enough, but can't satisfy everyone.

You can definitely round out the arm more so it doesn't look so stiff pointed downward, here's an old photo of mine posted a week ago.

Thanks! :) I've been doing some re-posing. I straightened the right leg, which helped to tilt the body. Just a minor adjustment, and it naturally straightened the arm. IMO, now it looks even more dynamic. :yess:

Thanks! :) I've been doing some re-posing. I straightened the right leg, which helped to tilt the body. Just a minor adjustment, and it naturally straightened the arm. IMO, now it looks even more dynamic. :yess:

I think that might be the best ground pound pose that I've seen with this figure. The lighting also looks insanely good. Very well done! :clap

Very nice poses!

The mk III really is the best looking armor, in my opinion. Although, the mk XLV is becoming a close second.

Beautiful! I always thought that the right way to do the ground pound pose was to have the right leg extended rather than bent kneeling. Usually when Tony does this landing in the movies (or something close to this landing) his knee doesn't touch the ground. Take the suit-up test of the MkXLII in IM3 for example:

Downey-Jr-Iron-Man-3.jpg

Yep, I have to say, the ground pose has never really interested me, but that could well be the best example of it I've seen..

Yep looks good. For a figure that has the worst articulation and color and proportions of all time. Well at least if you read this thread.

Back