MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently had a stormtrooper delivered to me and as I have it sent directly to a FedEx store for pickup I asked them how much it would cost me to ship the exact Same INSURED package as is back to SSC. I WAS QUOTED a bit over 2 dollars less and I don't have a corporate volume like SSC probably does.

No one knows what or if sideshow has any corporate discount. And 2 dollars over what it would cost you to ship isn't something anyone should complain about. You spend more then that in the time and gas it takes you to get to the FedEx store. And sideshow has to pay multiple people whose sole job is packing and shipping. Anyone that thinks they (ssc) are making large profit on shipping is wrong.

It costs me more to get my 6 inch motuc figure from Mattel (that is 1/4 the weight and 1/2 the size) and they are shipping from the same area. And Mattel is hundreds of times bigger then sideshow.

No one knows what or if sideshow has any corporate discount. And 2 dollars over what it would cost you to ship isn't something anyone should complain about. You spend more then that in the time and gas it takes you to get to the FedEx store. And sideshow has to pay multiple people whose sole job is packing and shipping. Anyone that thinks they (ssc) are making large profit on shipping is wrong.

It costs me more to get my 6 inch motuc figure from Mattel (that is 1/4 the weight and 1/2 the size) and they are shipping from the same area. And Mattel is hundreds of times bigger then sideshow.

They might not be making large profits but they are differently making $5-8 extra a package and after a while that does add up.

I wonder what discounts they get. Shipping for a regular figure is a flat $10, but the few times I've sold a figure and sent it, the shipping is almost $20.

This is an absolutely ridiculous response. You don't think Sideshow is getting a shipping discount?!?

I can't believe you bring up Mattycollector (Digital River) as a comparison. Digital River is indeed worse than Sideshow (by a good margin), but Digital River is among the most incompetent companies I have dealt with in my life. Digital River is so bad they couldn't figure out how to charge my credit card, even when I had my bank conference call them with me. Seriously! I had three subscriptions that I cancelled that day...

Sideshow has great customer service, but their shipping rates are extremely padded. If you do not see this, then you are blind. This is why I buy locally almost exclusively, I save a ton of money vs buying direct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regards to shipping, someone brought up a good theory (in another thread) that US customers probably subsidize overseas. SSC can ship pretty substantial sized boxes to Australia for $30, while it cost me $65 US to ship an MMS238 sized box there a week ago (and not nearly as fast as theirs). Likewise the customers paying reg shipping even within the US are subsidizing those getting $10 flat. Just part of the cost in being in this hobby, IMO.

I hope my EX converts! Cannot wait for this bad boy. Cannot cannot wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arc reactor one is said to be the best as its the latest.

Not sure exactly what the differences are, but this AR ( M3 DC) is pretty bright according to the vids.

Anyone do any AR comps?

PS Mine charges and ships tomorrow, Should get it Thurs.:)

Not sure exactly what the differences are, but this AR ( M3 DC) is pretty bright according to the vids.

Anyone do any AR comps?

PS Mine charges and ships tomorrow, Should get it Thurs.:)
I was talking about the head sculpts someone asked. Not the arc reactors on the figures. I have no idea about those. Sorry man.

Pretty jealous of you guys right now, my order is with Alter Ego so I've got a bit more of a wait.

In regards to shipping, someone brought up a good theory (in another thread) that US customers probably subsidize overseas. SSC can ship pretty substantial sized boxes to Australia for $30, while it cost me $65 US to ship an MMS238 sized box there a week ago (and not nearly as fast as theirs). Likewise the customers paying reg shipping even within the US are subsidizing those getting $10 flat. Just part of the cost in being in this hobby, IMO.

I agree with this. I never buy figures from private sellers from overseas because getting it shipped with signature confirmation is very expensive. The international shipping from SSC is very fair I believe and certainly cheaper than many other companies that ship to Australia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back