MMS Diecast - Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark III Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diecast adds weight to the figure. It can help
to redistribut weight more appropriately,
which creares good balance on the figure.
Thus it can stand on its own better when
posing.

THIS , also when will people realize that the diecast has nothing to do with the price hike? It could be totally plastic and HT would still find a way to charge the same. Just think its moronic how people are always saying if only it werent diecast it would lower the price some, dont be so sure.

Hm I'm not so sure ... I bet if Mark 40 Shotgun were diecast they would've charged well over $300 for it.

I dunno if it costs a ton more to make a diecast figure but they sure as hell feel more justified in jacking up the prices even more than they would an all-plastic figure.

You misunderstand my point, i dont doubt that they will use diecast as an excuse to raise prices. My point is that even if its not diecast they will still find a way to charge almost as much. Just look at striker and bones, both those suits are plastic and they are almost 300 each.

You misunderstand my point, i dont doubt that they will use diecast as an excuse to raise prices. My point is that even if its not diecast they will still find a way to charge almost as much. Just look at striker and bones, both those suits are plastic and they are almost 300 each.
I implied that they have jacked up the prices in general but it's definitely more jacked up when they add diecast to the mix.

I wonder how much Shotgun would cost without those ridiculous minifigs ha

I don't buy a figure because it is diecast. I'm not sure really what it adds to it. Does it make it more durable, stable ect... When comparing to my plastic figures, I do like the feel of the diecast ones. They feel quality. Also I would definately say the diecast gives the figure more stability. But again, I wouldn't buy a figure because it's diecast. I buy not for materials but for the character I enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish people would stop judging other based on whether they like die cast or not etc. I know it's never going to happen though, nature of the Internet...
Personally I am getting this figure as I wanted a mark 3 and wasn't a fan of the old one (never had it in hand though, just from pictures).
It looks great to me. Personally I like the weight from die cast, especially in the legs. I think it makes it more stable to stand. My personal opinion of course.
I have the exclusive coming too, more stuff, same price. Works for me. For a suit this iconic, hot toys would find some reason to charge this price whether it has metal parts or not, as they know people would still buy it. And they're correct.
Ankle articulation would be nice. But I am ok without it. Every figure has limitations, people are always going to find a reason to complain. I like this figure and think I will be happy with it. If you aren't, don't get it. Everyone's happy :)

I'm posing mine like this next to Cap and Thor, can't wait. Ankle articulation helps with a natural stance but this shows it can be done without.

Concerning die-cast, my WM feels nice and hefty but when it sits in the detolf on the stand it doesn't make much difference.

I have a regular oval stand waiting for IM, not a fan of that big platform.

e467dfb1c7cc7121857771d683ff7517.jpg

I'm posing mine like this next to Cap and Thor, can't wait. Ankle articulation helps with a natural stance but this shows it can be done without.

Concerning die-cast, my WM feels nice and hefty but when it sits in the detolf on the stand it doesn't make much difference.

I have a regular oval stand waiting for IM, not a fan of that big platform.

e467dfb1c7cc7121857771d683ff7517.jpg

this is an awesome pose!

Hey, while this thread is active with Iron Man aficionados, can anyone tell me which Tony Stark head sculpt is generally considered the best one? I don't even know how many there are...

Aww booooo...looks like early processing won't be an option for us flex-ers after all. I'm stuck waiting for my last flex payment on September 5th before this guy ships. :pfft:

Aww booooo...looks like early processing won't be an option for us flex-ers after all. I'm stuck waiting for my last flex payment on September 5th before this guy ships. :pfft:

I also got a Notice a while back that i wont get mine until After Sept, 5:(

I haven't ordered yet and have just been biding my time until it starts shipping.

Are y'all saying if I buy tomorrow, it'll ship?

I haven't ordered yet and have just been biding my time until it starts shipping.

Are y'all saying if I buy tomorrow, it'll ship?

Probably not straight away, but maybe only a day or two. I am not basing this on any concrete facts, just guessing that as it starts shipping in the next day or two there will be a backlog of orders (and flex payers paying off early etc) they will be sending before the get to any new ones like yours.
Again, just a guess...

Back