Michael Keaton sculpt WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignStudio

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's proving helpful to have a schedule with personal time built in.
This will replace the head on both my 89 and Returns Batman when finished. It will be replacing the currently one, which was pretty much shat upon. A new cowl insert head will also be made from it for continuity. Construstive criticism welcome.

DSC05333.jpg

DSC05334.jpg

DSC05338.jpg

DSC05341.jpg

The old one, for reference.

DSC05304.jpg

Hey Shawn! that's fantastic!

maybe just straighten the top lip out a wee bit, other than that I think you have nailed it! :bow

9168-1296.gif
DSC05338.jpg

Looking better Shawn! :rock

Being the 89 Batman nut that I am I see that if you make the nose smaller like mentioned and lower the height of the forehead it would improve. It looks too tall from brow to hair line.

The lips actually look about right to me. The pic Morbo posted has Keaton in a partial grin which straightened his lips out a bit. In a relaxed pose they're all sqiggly like you've got them.:D

Looking better Shawn! :rock

Being the 89 Batman nut that I am I see that if you make the nose smaller like mentioned and lower the height of the forehead it would improve. It looks too tall from brow to hair line.

The lips actually look about right to me. The pic Morbo posted has Keaton in a partial grin which straightened his lips out a bit. In a relaxed pose they're all sqiggly like you've got them.:D

Thanks, guys. I'll see what I can do with the forehead. The armature has a high forehead, so I'm not sure how much I can bring it down. Sometimes he seems to have a looooong forehead, sometimes not so much. I think it depends a bit on how his hair was styled. He's got a really high hairline but combed his hair down over it often.

Yeah, I wanted the lips pouty/angry. I want a good Wayne, but I also have to consider how it will look in a cowl. And it seems most people want an angry face in that cowl. My favorite, and most used, reference shot is from the scene where he has the Joker's face paused on his monitor and he's staring at it, just before Vicki walks in. I love that angry, determined look in that scene.

you know, I think you are right Coco, the more I look at it, the lips are fine the way they are.
Such great work in such a short amount of time as well Shawn. Outstanding. :rock

I've pretty much been a ^^^^ in the past to you, SS, but I read about your workload and everything going on with you, so I apologize for that. I sometimes forget that there are real people behind the sculpts I see, and that they're putting a hell of a lot into them.

That out of the way, this sculpt looks much better. The only things jumping out at me are the nose, which seems a little too big for me. The tip is too bulbous, as others previously mentioned. The other thing is the lips. They actually look to me to be closer to a Stallone than Keaton, though I think that may just be the style. The way you want his face to look stretches the lips out, but Keaton, no matter the face he's making, always has really full lips. This is the only pic I found that really matches the sculpt.

batman20.jpg

I think maybe, if you toned down the arch in the middle of his upper lip...I don't know the technical term, but you know...where it peaks down, it would do wonders for it.

DSC05341.jpg

I was just messing in photobuckets limited editing suite, and pinched the nose in a little and squished the vertical axis. thoughts??
DSC05341.jpg

Yeah, I like that angry, determined look for Keaton too, Shawn. At the same time I really love that smirk he had on his face when Napier met up with him in Axis and said "Nice outfit." I'd love to see that sculpt someday too.

that's a great sculpt. I really like the new one. He looks really pissed off like he's gonna kick some ass!

Definitely your best Keaton Sculpt, Shawn.

A few tweaks here and there and you've got it. :D

Last edited:
Back