Action Figure Mezco One:12 Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ditched 1:6 except for horror figures. I'm really enjoying collecting Mezco's 1:12 movie characters. This was always going to be an order.

The only Mezco I own is their Clockwork Orange Alex, and it's a beautiful figure, so I would guess a line of CM's or the Nostromo crew could look amazing.

Figured it deserved its own thread...
Pics from Bleeding Cool:

View attachment 479729

View attachment 479730

View attachment 479731

And a picture somebody posted of the catalog:

View attachment 479733

And coverage from Bleeding Cool:

New York Toy Fair: 76 Photos From the Mezco Toyz Booth

And Toyark:

Toy Fair 2020 - Mezco One:12 Collective Alien, Predator, Planet of the Apes, Marvel, DC, and More - The Toyark - News

The paint apps look pretty basic... a shame, really (what is it with Japanese companies and making the alien green?). The sculpt itself looks nice, another "man in a suit" type of sculpt. The teeth look derpy however, and the torso looks a bit too long, which throws off the overall look.
Also, I'm not too fond of the rubber suit approach, that usually ends up screwing up articulation.

I doubt I will be pre-ordering this one, I'll wait for in hand pics and then probably end up buying it anyway. :lol

EDIT: don't know how to edit the title...
Just a note, I’m fairly certain Mezco Toyz is an American company based in New York.

0A5DF0A9-BE25-47AE-8E45-340F6EC71A1D.jpeg

I hope they correct the typeface/logo on the base to that of the original Alien film 🙄

I am kind of taking this to mean the regular Alien can't be too far away, even if this is a preorder. I'll probably pass unless there's something really enticing about it though.

Oddly enough, it somehow looks better proportion-wise than the other one...
Still a pass until I see it in person or at least in hand pics.

If anyone still hasn't ordered, this is at Entertainment Earth and they have a $15 off $100+ item and free shipping code: 2103212

Alien comes to just under $92 with free shipping for me.

Back