Action Figure Mezco One:12 Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy... I'd heard that MEZCO were notorious for their delays, so I guess I can't be surprised.

It's really gotten out of hand with covid, they're obviously able to manufacture stuff since they make some of their own line, but their retail licensed figures have suffered. They've delivered one retail figure in the last 6 months that I can remember, Conan. They've done some other releases like their exclusive Batman/Two-Face set, but nothing is making sense at this point.

It's really gotten out of hand with covid, they're obviously able to manufacture stuff since they make some of their own line, but their retail licensed figures have suffered. They've delivered one retail figure in the last 6 months that I can remember, Conan. They've done some other releases like their exclusive Batman/Two-Face set, but nothing is making sense at this point.
Spider-Man 2099 (I think an exclusive though?) also came out this year, but you're right about the licenced figures being released.

The thing is that all the Mezco owned products are being solicited and then released basically straight away...

I have the Alien, Predator, Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Superman, Snyder Justice League Triple Pack and Morbius (Morbillions!) all on pre-order, and I doubt any will be released on time.

My guess is one, those are internal properties so they are never tied up in approval. Second they are all limited which means no pre-orders which means they can be produced right away. No wait to compile interest. They all sell out within a short amount of time so my bet is Mezco has total confidence when they order the editions from the factory. Ill bet the amounts produced are pretty low too given they are the only seller.

SDCC-2022-Mezco-Preview-Night-003.jpg

This photo is from SDCC 2022, this is the last photo we have of this figure and I was hopeful, but they didn't fix any of the issues on the figure, they made them worse, the paint is not at all accurate and the dome is less good than before, the base has also not been corrected, it is still the Aliens logo without the S.

Doesn't look great does it. I have it ordered at BBTS but if it comes out like that only a sick sense of completism will make me keep the order.

1660648562635.png

Here is the original Alien 1979 suit, with that you can see the difference between the Mezco one and the real, overall the Mezco one made a great Xeno, but not a great Big Chap.

Doesn't look great does it. I have it ordered at BBTS but if it comes out like that only a sick sense of completism will make me keep the order.
I think it will come out like this because the figure is for December (at least that's what Mezco says)

SDCC-2022-Mezco-Preview-Night-003.jpg

This photo is from SDCC 2022, this is the last photo we have of this figure and I was hopeful, but they didn't fix any of the issues on the figure, they made them worse, the paint is not at all accurate and the dome is less good than before, the base has also not been corrected, it is still the Aliens logo without the S.
What bothers me the most are the teeth. I don't mind the paint app, it looks alright, if a little uninspired... I know dry brushing is easy and cheap, but surely they can come up with something different? It almost makes me yearn for McFarlane's old figure... totally inaccurate, but at least they were imaginative with their paint apps.

What bothers me the most are the teeth. I don't mind the paint app, it looks alright, if a little uninspired... I know dry brushing is easy and cheap, but surely they can come up with something different? It almost makes me yearn for McFarlane's old figure... totally inaccurate, but at least they were imaginative with their paint apps.
What bothers me the most is the dome, the paint app don’t look good with a lot of light but without a lot of light the paintapp looks good. I think the teeth are correct, but this dome is bad.

Maybe it's the way the teeth are painted, perhaps too much black wash is making them look small and derpy.
And the more I look at the figure, the more it reminds me of the old Sega statue, the proportions look similar to the way I remember that one.
Anyway, this is certainly one to wait for in-hand pics.

Maybe it's the way the teeth are painted, perhaps too much black wash is making them look small and derpy.
And the more I look at the figure, the more it reminds me of the old Sega statue, the proportions look similar to the way I remember that one.
Anyway, this is certainly one to wait for in-hand pics.
"wait" is the key word when discussing Mezco.

The new Mezco 1/12 predator looks promising at least. I’d pass on the Mezco Alien and keep my eyes out for the prototype version they’re bringing out instead

Attachments

• 54D2914B-A51A-479E-9B0F-B4AC0E279C9C.jpeg
    54D2914B-A51A-479E-9B0F-B4AC0E279C9C.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3F145EA8-70DB-43EE-9E01-F18F8ACFD385.jpeg
    3F145EA8-70DB-43EE-9E01-F18F8ACFD385.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DDF5460A-0026-4DAF-801A-0B309D556C3C.jpeg
    DDF5460A-0026-4DAF-801A-0B309D556C3C.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4E236BE7-37AB-4755-BD79-8204608AB174.jpeg
    4E236BE7-37AB-4755-BD79-8204608AB174.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
The new Mezco 1/12 predator looks promising at least. I’d pass on the Mezco Alien and keep my eyes out for the prototype version they’re bringing out instead
I have both the Predator and Big Chap figures on pre-order, and plan to have them displayed with my Higane Works Robocop. The dream is a 1/12 T-800 Endoskeleton in diecast to complete my 80s sci-fi shelf. At least Mafex are planning to release a plastic Endoskeleton.

It's a shame Big Chap is looking more and more mediocre, but I still need him!

Thanks for those! Had not seen them. Isn't 100% but looks damn good to me. Cant wait.
Im getting both Alien version from Mezco. Can't come soon enough.

Back