Marvel's Wanda Vision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Olsen is adorably charming which just makes all of the realization about Wanda's true mental state that much sadder. Her mannerisms and hand gestures just really sell her performance. Bettany is hilarious as well, and his performance really stands out in episode 2. They really have a great chemistry. I think this is going to be a really solid story once the whole thing is done.

So I'm just curious as to what anyone *expects* out of 2 episodes?

• They showed us something different.
  • The execution is slick.
  • The acting is good.
  • They've set up a mystery.

Sure, this may crash and burn but I almost feel like people expect too much right out the gate. (I mean sure, MCU has some misses, I'm not a cheerleader.)

Idk I mean it?s cool if u like it but that sitcom stuff got old fast for me and I kinda wasn?t expecting the episode a week format so I?m kinda upset by that but whatever. I?m sure it?ll get better but the I love Lucy crap got old quick imo.

I think Marvel deserve some benefit of the doubt until we see it through to the end. As has been said maybe it would have been better to make the whole thing available at once though.

Also, Elizabeth Olsen.

I liked it only thing they made a mistake with is not releasing it all at once

Hence Bettany and Lizzie having to repeat over and over during their press tour for fans to be patient as a big MCU style 3rd act will deliver what they came for

Mando can do week to week because of lots of action each episode, SW fans soak up the aesthetics and grogu of course

It is perfectly fine to have Scarlet Witch psychotic breakdown be a slow burn but slow burns require momentum for audiences to become attached and care about their struggle

Supposedly all 3 acts have as much if not more effects than EG

Last edited:
I tried watching it today but didn?t make it thru the first episode. The early 60?s comedy parody was fine for about ten minutes but I can?t imagine two full episodes of this. I?ll try and finish them later though.

I'd say fight through it. I kind of had the same reaction initially and still do think they dragged it out a bit long. I have a lot of faith in the MCU in general so I'm in for the ride.

First two episodes were definitely.... interesting. :lol

Was a bit slow even for 22 min episodes, but I'm confident it'll get better. The trailers showed quit a bit if action, so we gotta just give it time. It's a slow burn. Part of the reason why many TV shows fail. People lose interest too quickly before the story develops. One of the reasons I prefer the model of dropping all the episodes at once so you can either binge watch or choose how many to watch at a time. But, hopefully too many fans vested in the MCU to not continue watching. Especially with older established characters like Scarlet Witch & Vision. How could you not want to know what the hell is going on and how Vision is back?? :panic:

If this was one of the newer shows/new characters, after the 1st two episodes last night I'd be done with the weekly thing and wait till it was done then try to watch them all back to back.

I was gonna wait a few weeks to be able to watch several episodes at once, but too much bs hit's the internet immediately now a days. Too many people stay up and watch in the middle of the night/early morning and ruin things for others. Headlines and pictures can spoil too much in so many articles scattered all over. I don't watch TV till night so I can enjoy it so I have to avoid too much all day on Friday. So I'm like forced into watching weekly... :mad:

I'd say fight through it. I kind of had the same reaction initially and still do think they dragged it out a bit long. I have a lot of faith in the MCU in general so I'm in for the ride.

I finished them both last night and, while I find them a bit tedious, I like that they’re slowly adding in a bit more of a mysterious, creepy vibe to it. I can definitely see it moving away from the tedious and into the interesting as they go forward with the series. You gotta respect that they’ve really committed to this.

Never a good thing to hear.

Thing about story for these kind of movies/shows: if the beginning is boring, start in the middle.

I agree was very weird and embarrassing for them to even have to mention that

The only solution is a binge watch but nope disney needs to drag it out for subs

That being said the last 3 episodes are supposed to be insane lol

Last edited:
Not off to a great start here. Thus far this is exactly what the teasers showed, I just thought they were holding back the good stuff.

If this is what this series is, they should've dumped all 9 episodes at once. I've got no interest in watching more of this, I'll just wait until we get to the ending.

Really liked the first two episodes. The recreation of sitcoms from that era is pitch perfect and those actors are so much fun to watch. The magic show is a highlight. I am not expecting any big MCU finale, so if it does happen it will be a nice surprise.

I loved both episodes. I am fully onboard with this. I really enjoy the mystery of it all. It is so loaded with subtle hints. Almost every other line of dialog makes mention of something that ?might? be a clue. Outside of figuring out where it fits into the MCU story it?s just a well done old school sitcom. My wife and I laughed several times and we both enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This show is ****ing garbage. Holy crap.

Better be some mind bending twist after sitting through this trash.

I agree was very weird and embarrassing for them to even have to mention that

The only solution is a binge watch but nope disney needs to drag it out for subs

That being said the last 3 episodes are supposed to be insane lol

Again, I like slow burns. Not thrilled with Mandalorian seeming to fast-forward everything last season; or stuff like IW seeming to cram the entire Wakanda battle into a blip, pretty much.

I haven't even watched this but I don't need everything to happen all at once. I hope it's a slow-ratcheting weirdness that just builds.

For more typical MCU thrills looking forward to Falcon/Winter Soldier and Loki.

Asked to reveal how much he knows about this next phase in the MCU — and not-so-secret plans for his character to become the new Captain America — Mackie says Marvel "sat me down and gave me the whole spiel." In Phase Four, Mackie teased, "People are gonna be blown away on how these characters come to life and how they transcend the idea of what we think a superhero is."

Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige won't give away when Phase Four ends but says the "bold" WandaVision makes a statement to audiences after the conclusion to the Infinity Saga: "I hope it says, 'Get ready for the new and the different.'"

Whatever THAT means....

Back