Victoria Alonso leaves Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rumours are it's because A LOT of VFX studios are unhappy with how she runs things.

"She held a crazy amount of power, bigfooting all major creative decisions on Marvel movies and shows. "Kevin Feige and Victoria Alonso personally approve every single shot, all the visual effects work, which is usually the job of a director or a show runner," one tech told me."

"As someone who had to witness her yelling, I'm just so ******* relieved."

"I have also had Victoria standing over my team’s shoulder and keeping our people very late with her exacting demands. I know the pain that has caused our families and facilities personally. Work-life balance matters and Marvel VFX under her vision did not exactly make that a priority."

Rumours are it's because A LOT of VFX studios are unhappy with how she runs things.

"She held a crazy amount of power, bigfooting all major creative decisions on Marvel movies and shows. "Kevin Feige and Victoria Alonso personally approve every single shot, all the visual effects work, which is usually the job of a director or a show runner," one tech told me."

"As someone who had to witness her yelling, I'm just so ******* relieved."

"I have also had Victoria standing over my team’s shoulder and keeping our people very late with her exacting demands. I know the pain that has caused our families and facilities personally. Work-life balance matters and Marvel VFX under her vision did not exactly make that a priority."

Yeah, comments about working for Marvel being an unhappy experience have been floating around for a while. Because of Marvel being a juggernaut, having to underbid to get work, and then the work conditions are brutal. Last minute changes, long hours, not enough staff.

Marvel Studios Accused of Blacklisting VFX Artists (Report)
Still, two other VFX workers with experience working on MCU projects revealed that the blacklist exists due to Marvel Studios President, physical and post-production, visual effects, and animation production Victoria Alonso.

A Vancouver-based tech, who vowed never to work for Marvel again, explained why Alonso is known in the industry as a "kingmaker:"

“The main one that everyone’s quite scared of is Victoria Alonso. She is known in the industry as a kingmaker. If she likes you, you are going to get work and move up in the industry. If you have p*&^% her off in any way, you’re going to get frozen out.”

Arguably one of the more powerful female players in Hollywood - she was the other half of Feige and this could have very big consequences in the world of Marvel.

@Johnny Utah LF already has KK - no need to give them another hated female. Mando is circling the drain as it is, her joining would just be a nail in the coffin.

Marvel is too far gone now I really don’t see them pulling it back, doesn’t matter who they fire or hire. Feige has lost his touch and is spread too thin. Its been years of garbage after garbage at this point.

They should take a break.

Back