MARVEL'S Secret Invasion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Samuel L. Jackson is back as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn from Captain Marvel returns as the Skrull Talos in Marvel Studios' Original Series Secret Invasion.

1z0klhL.jpg

So I dont really get this because the point of this story is the skrull are evil and in the MCU they are the good guys .

In the comics they kree although are not necessarily the good guys they are however portrayed as being down right bad guys maybe self serving but the skrull are responsible for the superskrull and invasion story line

They really should have found a better ot for captain marvel. The best adaptation of the invasion story line was in the avengers cartoon which incorporated so many great story lines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Samuel L. Jackson is back as Nick Fury and Ben Mendelsohn from Captain Marvel returns as the Skrull Talos in Marvel Studios' Original Series Secret Invasion.

1z0klhL.jpg

Interesting! I would have thought Talos and the skrulls would be retired in a world far away that Captain Marvel helped them find. I was very surprised to see Talos at the end of FFH, but I guess that end credit was alluding to this (though I would have thought it would be a reference to S.W.O.R.D.).

Is this whole show going to try and make people wonder if this person or that person is a skrull? Not feeling it on the D+ front. Feige trying to play both sides that some good skrulls get us a space station, some bad try to overtake the government.:slap

FEAcsLlXEAIQxoI.jpg

nick-fury-secret-wars-1636737700010.jpg

It will consist of six episodes and is expected to premiere in 2022. Ben Mendelsohn will reprise his role as Talos, with Kingsley Ben-Adir reportedly playing the villain.

Last edited:
So they're returning the Skrulls back to their villainous comic concept? Or are we going to see a confusing mess because Hollywood douchebags decided to change the Skrulls in Captain Marvel to suit their agenda instead of adapting the comics that comic fans love and what made them successful?
Eh, I don't have much faith in this show.

So they're returning the Skrulls back to their villainous comic concept? Or are we going to see a confusing mess because Hollywood douchebags decided to change the Skrulls in Captain Marvel to suit their agenda instead of adapting the comics that comic fans love and what made them successful?
Eh, I don't have much faith in this show.

I believe we'll see a bunch of Skrulls that are evil. They don't ALL have to be evil.

I really dug the swerve with the Skrulls being sympathetic in the Captain Marvel movies. Frankly, there have been more than enough mindless, evil punching bags in the Marvel movies thus far (Chitari, Thanos's dog things, dark Elves, Hydra soldiers, demon things in Shang Chi, etc.). Not much value to adding the Skrulls to that mix. You don't have to portray every alien race as monolithic, though. There may well be evil, shifty eyed Skrulls. I hope we will get Super Skrull at some point. . .

"I'm the last person person standing between them and what they really want."

Fury legit might as well be talking about him saving the MCU. Looks like the best marvel-related thing in a looooong time. Sam Jackson is a ******* legend.

OOooohhh... Another new CW quality Marvel show? :monkey3

All MCU D+ shows should be assumed to be crap until proven otherwise... :lol
Besides, that looks nothing like the comic story. No Skrulls impersonating/replacing heroes? :dunno In order to do this proper it would be a big budget movie and at least be a 2 parter like Avengers IW/EG.

This can't possibly be done properly in the current MCU..

Secret Invasion - Wikipedia

This looks miles better than I was expecting. Great great cast.

But then again I thought that about F&WS before I watched it.

Back