Marvel Studios : X-Men '97 - 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also playing Happy Nation by Ace of Base during the gala with Magneto was kind of wild considering how one of the founding members was a Nazi :lol.

Someone pointed out this feels like anime which is funny cause xmen akways was an anime type of show and it’s favored in Japan and had an anime. So this show fits well into the anime angle. It takes it’s audience seriously and pushes the limits of animation and doesn’t treat it like it’s only for children
Well, anime usually isn't shy to tell more complex and unconventional stories, something mass-market Western superhero adaptations generally don't do in order to have mass appeal and I think that's what's holding the MCU back. Again, not hating on the MCU but quite the opposite-- I got so apathetic on the newer MCU stuff post Endgame after how that ended things so beautifully and now with X-Men 97, it reminded me of DC where their cartoons are so much more interesting. I remember my friends used to think I'm crazy for liking the Batman Animated show more than the live action stuff. :lol
I don’t think it wasn’t until Nolan and the dark knight movies that people all of a sudden wanted to go “grounded” after tdk it became repetitive and superhero films became less colorful
You forgot that the first X-Men film that literally pisses on the concept of spandex and the whole franchise always felt like it was too embarrassed to be a comic book film. But then again we just came off Batman & Robin at the time so I'll cut them some slack.

Last edited:
Well, anime usually isn't shy to tell more complex and unconventional stories, something mass-market Western superhero adaptations generally don't do in order to have mass appeal and I think that's what's holding the MCU back. Again, not hating on the MCU but quite the opposite-- I got so apathetic on the newer MCU stuff post Endgame after how that ended things so beautifully and now with X-Men 97, it reminded me of DC where their cartoons are so much more interesting. I remember my friends used to think I'm crazy for liking the Batman Animated show more than the live action stuff. :lol

You forgot that the first X-Men film that literally pisses on the concept of spandex and the whole franchise always felt like it was too embarrassed to be a comic book film. But then again we just came off Batman & Robin at the time so I'll cut them some slack.
O yea true. I think tbh they said the matrix was in full swing and that’s why they dressed like that. Everything afterwards has no excuse. Seriously fox stuck by the black suits for way too long. It’s crazy how people use to defend those crap renditions of the xmen.

I’m sorry idc what anyone says but I didn’t like the days of future past era . Not xmen films. Just wolverine and friends or mystique and friends or magneto. Terrible timeline. We got good stuff like Logan and deadpool here and there but that’s itb

Also yes Batman and Robin did serious damage to not only the Batman brand but comic book films. To this day WB is afriad to use there characters cause they don’t want a Batman and Robin flop

😂 I got you ^

Attachments

• IMG_9045.jpeg
    IMG_9045.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 0
I’m not a fan of Rogue’s older crackly voice but even i’ll admit that it worked perfectly in THIS episode especially when she cried.

Last edited:
Yea the hype for the mcu xmen movie is going be sky high. Plus you got deadpool and wolverine coming and a spike in xmen comics. The wolverine game .The xmen are so back. Sorry avengers 😝

My hype for the MCU X-Men is at an all time low. It’s not even going to be half as good as this.
Idk. Marvel handled the avengers well. I’m not a huge fan of the first film but they did the characters well enough to make them household names. So I’ll give them a chance

Idk. Marvel handled the avengers well. I’m not a huge fan of the first film but they did the characters well enough to make them household names. So I’ll give them a chance
That was a long time ago now. They’ve not really handled much else well since.

Those were made by a completely different group of people and at a very different time in Hollywood. Plus all that was started at/by Marvel before Disney bought them.

No way in hell is the MCU Disney X-Persons gonna remotely resemble the classic X-Men. :lol

But I'm just a toxic fan, so when the time comes I'll just be laughing my ass off behind the scenes and keeping my thoughts to myself so I'm not labeled as a hater/an ist/a phobe, or whatever new terms arise for unhappy fans.

That was a long time ago now. They’ve not really handled much else well since.
Well that’s cause they put out crap characters nobody cares about . Gotg3 was good. They keep doing stuff like that then we have nothing to worry about.

Those were made by a completely different group of people and at a very different time in Hollywood. Plus all that was started at/by Marvel before Disney bought them.

No way in hell is the MCU Disney X-Persons gonna remotely resemble the classic X-Men. :lol

But I'm just a toxic fan, so when the time comes I'll just be laughing my ass off behind the scenes and keeping my thoughts to myself so I'm not labeled as a hater/an ist/a phobe, or whatever new terms arise for unhappy fans.
No avengers was after the Disney but out. So was winter soldier.
I mean I’m not an mcu super fan myself bout I’d much rather have marvel handle them then like fox who almost destroyed the brand

Back