MARVEL'S Secret Invasion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is legitimate acting talent in this

Olivia Colman
Ben Mendelsohn
Martin Freeman

Any of those three could actually carry a whole TV show on their own.

Add in Emilia Clarke and Don Cheadle and you've got a pretty name brand cast.

One nice thing about the MCU, even though I don't like all the series or movies made, is that eventually the characters without a ton of coverage eventually get some backstory. We don't know that much about Fury and Maria Hill, at least from the movie side. It's nice for them to get fleshed out a little more.

Hawkeye worked in part because there was so much talent on their roster.

You could argue the shows that flopped more didn't.

I always preferred the Russo Brothers/CATWS type of theme and tone. Hopefully this is more like that.

The trailer was well done but doesn't really promise anything except the unlikely concept that Fury is on his own when his homies are all Supers, as @chrisstbh says.

I'll watch it but first sign of TFAWS-ness and I'll drop it mid-episode.

This looks so damn incredible. Fury may not have superpowers but that man got more presence than all of the Avengers combined. UNLEASH THE FURY!

The trailer was well done but doesn't really promise anything except the unlikely concept that Fury is on his own when his homies are all Supers, as @chrisstbh says.

I'll watch it but first sign of TFAWS-ness and I'll drop it mid-episode.
And just who are Fury's 'super' homies now? Tony, Natasha, Vision, T'Challa and Wanda(?) are all dead, Hawkeye may as well be given Renner's current situation, he doesn't know Peter Parker anymore, Thor is who knows where with his newly adopted daughter and Hulk is too busy with his cousin and son. His superfriends cupboard is looking a little bare right now. I guess he could call Dr. Strange? :lol

And just who are Fury's 'super' homies now? Tony, Natasha, Vision, T'Challa and Wanda(?) are all dead, Hawkeye may as well be given Renner's current situation, he doesn't know Peter Parker anymore, Thor is who knows where with his newly adopted daughter and Hulk is too busy with his cousin and son. His superfriends cupboard is looking a little bare right now. I guess he could call Dr. Strange? :lol
Dr. Strange alone is a pretty heavy hitter, and Fury also hangs out with a bunch of aliens with access to crazy god-like technology. :unsure:

I get an unsettling feeling that Maria Hill dies in this.

It would be more than fitting if she was assassinated in a mall

#RobinSparkles
They'll resurrect her on a beach full of sandcastles in season 2.
MasculineBleakBubblefish-size_restricted.gif

Back