Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They announced the show and so many man-babies complained it was even going to exist they just used their own quotes in the show and predicted their unoriginal reactions.

My biggest issue with that is I just don’t think the trolls and haters were worth the attention. They’re low-hanging fruit, and I think She-Hulk deserves better antagonists than a group of incels.
Were people complaining that early? Kinda dumb. Its not like they were baiting and switching with this show like they have others. I mean its all right there in the title. She is an established character.

Most of the complaints I have heard was with the writing and the swipes at the trolls which the trolls feel like proved them right. Again Chicken and the Egg.

My biggest issues was her womansplaining to bruce about Anger. So dumb.

. . . My biggest issues was her womansplaining to bruce about Anger. So dumb.

I thought that was a fairly realistic/reasonable conversation :dunno . . . I'll be watching the season again (end-to-end) soon so I'll re-assess then.

I honestly can't remember anything (other than the latter 2/3 of E07) that made me cringe or that I thought was being preachy . . .

. . . funny - yeah . . . representing reality (to the extent it could) - yeah . . . but not preachy.​

Not that I'm saying YOU did (I know you better), but it does seem like a lot of the complainers/haters went into this determined to diss it regardless of how it turned out.

Tissues for issues? . . . sounds like a good name for an 80's pop band :unsure: :naughty

It was dumb, but when we got to the end of the gala I thought:

Oh okay this is where she slips up and she realizes that it's more responsibility being she-hulk than she anticipated. Maybe this is where Bruce returns to help her even though she was originally very confident with this new change. She's going to re-examine what it means to be she-hulk and maybe even a hero. That's actually a pretty good narrative pay off.

LOL nope

Last edited:
It was dumb, but when we got to the end of the gala I thought:

Oh okay this is where she slips up and she realizes that it's more responsibility being she-hulk than she anticipated. Maybe this is where Bruce returns to help her even though she was originally very confident with this new change. She's going to re-examine what it means to be she-hulk and maybe even a hero. That's actually a pretty good narrative pay off.

LOL nope
Lol I thought the same thing.

I thought that was a fairly realistic/reasonable conversation :dunno . . . I'll be watching the season again (end-to-end) soon so I'll re-assess then.

I honestly can't remember anything (other than the latter 2/3 of E07) that made me cringe or that I thought was being preachy . . .

. . . funny - yeah . . . representing reality (to the extent it could) - yeah . . . but not preachy.​

Not that I'm saying YOU did (I know you better), but it does seem like a lot of the complainers/haters went into this determined to diss it regardless of how it turned out.

Tissues for issues? . . . sounds like a good name for an 80's pop band :unsure: :naughty

I did not hate the show so that is saying something.

I did not watch Moonknight, Loki, Miss Marvel, or Hawkeye, so that is saying something also.

I liked the actress and the pace of the show. The only thing I really truly hated to my core was the twerking :lol

I did not care for the overall story arc and what they did to abomination and the look of Skaar

The speech about anger. Just seems silly when 1. You are talking to Banner about this who has lost so much, been hunted, and bullied his whole life. 2. She is a lawyer heading up her own cases. Girl, you have made it!!! 3. She might be murdered for having a different opinion than a male coworker. Huh?? Someone get me the stats on the murder rate of female lawyers killed by their fellow male coworkers for the crime of having an opinion :lol

Maybe that’s what it’s like in the city. Out here in the country all my managers are woman and none of them have been attacked yet :lol

It was just a silly speech that was over the top and told to the wrong person… But I get the point it was trying to get across. Even with a six figure job at a lawyer firm in California, with a nice house, good supporting family and friends.. she still has it hard ;) :lol

But seriously. I liked the show better than what most of Marvel has been putting out lately.

Last edited:
. . . The speech about anger. Just seems silly when 1. You are talking to Banner about this who has lost so much, been hunted, and bullied his whole life. 2. She is a lawyer heading up her own cases. Girl, you have made it!!! 3. She might be murdered for having a different opinion than a male coworker. Huh?? Someone get me the stats on the murder rate of female lawyers killed by their fellow male coworkers for the crime of having an opinion :lol

Maybe that’s what it’s like in the city. Out here in the country all my managers are woman and none of them have been attacked yet :lol

It was just a silly speech that was over the top and told to the wrong person… But I get the point it was trying to get across. Even with a six figure job at a lawyer firm in California, with a nice house, good supporting family and friends.. she still has it hard ;) :lol

Well, to quote from Alien Resurrection . . . "Chicks man" :p :devilish:

L
Were people complaining that early? Kinda dumb. Its not like they were baiting and switching with this show like they have others. I mean its all right there in the title. She is an established character.

Most of the complaints I have heard was with the writing and the swipes at the trolls which the trolls feel like proved them right. Again Chicken and the Egg.

Nope, didn’t happen. She Hulk is quite beloved in the comics. The only people who would have complained about “female Hulk” are people who never read a comic. Everyone else were hoping the show would just be fun and not preachy about how awful men are. Unfortunately, that was exactly the first episode, then pretty much every episode after.

Until the wedding episode where they actually made everyone, the women as well, into horrible people, except there was one “good” man. Everyone instantly said “well, he must be the most evil since they don’t do “good” men in this show,” and they were right.

As far as the show calling out the trolls preemptively, they really didn’t. The trolls in the show were upset that she was a female version of the Hulk and women are bad and poopoo heads. The “trolls” in real life called the show bad because it wasn’t funny and blatantly misandrist. “There’s a hot chick over there, I’m going to go talk to it.” No one says that. Daredevil/Matt came out of the show as the best character, but that is almost certainly Disney protecting their next cow more than the writers trying to write an intelligent and good hearted male character.

Also, their incredible lack of understanding how the justice system actually works was painful. It was worse that the writers bragged about that rather than just hiring someone who could address that.

I liked a lot about this series, particularly the DD episode, but barring the great, '70s TV style opening, I felt the last episode was a let-down. I think I kinda get what the writers were trying to do but. . .it didn't work for me. On one specific point, I missed how it's OK for She-Hulk to break her agreement to keep from transforming at the end, but when Blonsky does it she chastises him and makes him go back to prison. I get that she was more or less forced into it, whereas he did it for selfish purposes, but I don't know that that would matter in the eyes of the law. . .

I understood she being allowed to transform was negotiated with KEVIN in all the things to be changed, but Abomination wasn't.

Not sure why they didn't use her for the 70s Hulk TV homage footage.
Looks like they used a guy in a dress to play her instead.

That's.....exactly what they did.

he-shulk.jpg

ZE_501 and Heavy Metal Spike thinking about how hot they thought She-Hulk looked in the retro opening and then reading Otomofan's last post:

ice-cube-what-expression-kn20b4q9tnc9kud1.gif

You & I had an agreement that this gathering was a personal video, and you were not to share it publically.

(* for goodness sake don't share the rest! :eek: *)​

6097fdf68fcefe18e869b51ea3d7ea83b71070bc.gifv

Not sure why they didn't use her for the 70s Hulk TV homage footage.
Looks like they used a guy in a dress to play her instead.
That's.....exactly what they did.

View attachment 603452
Yikes. they should have just used Maliah Arrayah for the retro opening, considering she was already standing in as She-Hulk.
Would have been a great way to showcase her non-cg, and have read more (to me) like the 70s show would have done it
malia1.jpg
gm45qh5v62m91.jpg

Then the split face slow-mo scene would have been the two actresses actually playing her.

Last edited:
Back