Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, the finale was crazy and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :yess:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's clearly not meant to be taken seriously, as it's a comedy much in the same vein as Harley Quinn or Family Guy, especially considering the times it breaks the fourth wall, or as with the finale opens up with a spoof of the 1977 Incredible Hulk series.
That's what I love about the show. The spoof of 77's Incredible Hulk series was brilliant! :lol

Also I don't think this show should be given a free pass for bad writing and messy plotlines just because it's "meta" and "self aware" about it.
Nothing and no one should be given a free pass just because they're self-aware.

I did really enjoy the opening. That made me smile ... a lot.
And .....

Spoiler Spoiler:
Yeah...

Spoiler Spoiler:
Totally. That intro was Peacemaker tier. Pushed all the right buttons for me.
Ditto. :duff
Wowza! What a finale, that was a lot of fun. There's gonna be a whole load of twisted knickers in YouTube land :)
Buncha incels like in Intelligencia. :lol

Yeah...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ditto. :duff

Buncha incels like in Intelligencia. :lol
I feel like the Inteligencia is a call-out to the anticipated dislike that the producers/writers knew the show would attract. We can see that in the forums here. Definitely a lot of Int/celigencia here lmao.

Well I stuck it out and hung with all 9 episodes. Show just wasn't for me but that's ok. Season 2 will be a backburner show.

I feel like the Inteligencia is a call-out to the anticipated dislike that the producers/writers knew the show would attract. We can see that in the forums here. Definitely a lot of Int/celigencia here lmao.
Toxic fandom is everywhere. Unfortunately, it's gotten really bad on these boards over the years. Fortunately, it has subsided from what it was a couple of years ago.

It just took some encouragement from the management. :bat2:

Tbf I haven't like a single D+ MCU show so far, this was at least better than WandaVision :lol.

Toxic fandom is everywhere. Unfortunately, it's gotten really bad on these boards over the years.

Sure sounds like a convenient term to bandy about to avoid any criticism.

Besides, "fandom" implies that I'm a fan of She-Hulk or was before the show started. I wasn't, and I'm not. Does that mean I'm not allowed to watch and give my opinion? Only gushing braindead sycophants are allowed to view Disney programs and the only opinions about them must be glowingly positive?

Maybe "toxic fandom" is up because the quality of writing on almost every project over the last decade has decreased? I've certainly felt that way. I believe it's intentional for several reasons. Simpler plots that rely on lazy repetitive tropes appeal more to overseas audiences, and they're a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to produce than anything that's complex or original.

Hollywood churns out more and more dumb ****, then more and more "fans" will eventually walk away in disgust.

This particular show was incredibly lazy and stupid, at least the few episodes I watched. I'm sure the writers thought they were sooo clever, but as is typical with millennials, they bend over backwards congratulating themselves for doing the most mundane and mediocre "work."

Last edited:
I'm sure the writers thought they were sooo clever, but as is typical with millennials, they bend over backwards congratulating themselves for doing the most mundane and mediocre "work."
I was with you until this bit. Please don't lump us all in together, it makes you sound like Clint Eastwood talking to a chair. Lord knows gen X and the baby boomers have had their share of talentless, out-of-touch mouthpieces.

The problem is skilled, established filmmakers don't want to work on someone else's franchise unless they have room to play with. Disney is notoriously restrictive, so good writers are soon let go (or leave on their own) citing "creative differences" and are replaced with malleable newbies who are just happy to get work.

I was referring to this group of writers in particular, who were so egotistical that they had to literally write themselves into the show. This show is mindless pablum on its very best day, yet they still felt the need to take a public victory lap for it and congratulate themselves on being so "clever." That's pretty damning behavior. Unless you're a writer on the show, my comments were not directed at you.

Hollywood churns out more and more dumb ****, then more and more "fans" will eventually walk away in disgust.

This particular show was incredibly lazy and stupid, at least the few episodes I watched....

A large problem is logistical in nature.

There is more original scripted programming available than ever before. And many networks are pumping in substantial money because they saw the kind of viewership and cache that AMC got for Breaking Bad, Mad Men and Walking Dead.

The name of the game is "prestige" television.

So that means someone like Jessica Gao gets an opportunity because she hits certain marks on a checklist ( Can we all not pretend that this issue is not in the forefront in current Hollywood.....) But also because there's a shortage of experienced writers and show runners to go around. AMC hit a sweet spot. They grabbed talented guys like Matt Weiner and Vince Gilligan from other successful shows. But before the demand for people like that set in widespread. Now you have to reach deeper and dig farther into a more limited pool that's been spread out.

I see what Feige and the MCU are doing. People might hate Harvey Weinstein, but he and Miramax took risks on low budget projects that yielded high returns. That's a good strategy if you choose well. Instead of just doing big risk/big reward/big failure type projects like Eternals, Feige is mixing in some smaller properties that he hopes will generate enough revenue to balance out the shortfalls in the stuff that bombs.

She Hulk clearly carries the problems of a show run by someone with inexperience. Maybe Gao will get better over time. But it's unfortunate that her learning curve might come at the ill will of those who are long time fans of this specific property.

Back