Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apparently had an "inappropriate post", but I haven't the slightest idea what it was. I try to be squeaky clean. I don't even curse!

I THINK it was a panel directly from She-Hulk's own comic talking about the double-standards she and Tony face.

Either way, I'm for more positive conversations and far less of what that comic's writers were calling out.

I went back a couple of pages to check . . . it was a lot of the silliness and ignorance that cropped up over the last 2 days.

One of my posts was apparently removed too - but I think a chunk of stuff went that was just in the middle of things.

Back on topic, I have zero idea where they're going to take the final episode. Like, not a remote clue. All I know is this won't be the last we see of many of these characters.

I'm hoping we see more of HulkKing.

No idea what happened in this thread but I'm glad I wasn't a part of it.

Some folks were discussing fundamental Red Pill concepts. I actually agree with many Red Pill viewpoints, but I also see that there are certain venues and communities where it's just not practical to talk about it. In a couple of decades of operation for OSW and it's predecessor, The Warrior Forum, there were like 5 women total who posted in those communities. The tone was a little different, it was more dedicated military / law enforcement culture oriented and was mostly guys. Here, because Sideshow had a broad range of licenses and types of formats, there are far more women posting and participating. The tone here is different.

There's a way to criticize both toxic masculinity and toxic femininity when it begins to apply itself to the mainstream.

Critical Drinker has had an elevated profile in the last year or so for his reviews of movie and TV shows. I'm sure there are many who would love to see him "cancelled" in the overall trend of the modern cancel culture. But what he does is focus his criticisms on how shows and movies are making choices, and that might include issues like perceived promiscuity, that cheat basic character development, narrative structure and essential storytelling convention.

To balance out the risks of saying unpopular things with a lot of eyes on him looking to crush him, he invites a female entertainment "internet pundit" in a round table to talk about She Hulk. She explains what she doesn't like about it.

It's just easier to house value judgements within process and form criticism instead of just laying out pure value judgements, which is going to polarize people. Critical Drinker is making value judgements against She Hulk and show runner Jessica Gao, but he's discussing in the framework of process. That makes his position actually defensible.

I hate woke and cancel culture and political correctness as much as the next person. I might actually be more Red Pill than anyone here in private. But if you want to be a guy in modern times and you want to criticize certain elements that are the "new normal", then you have to take a defensible position first. So it's not fair, but it's how it works.

Some folks were discussing fundamental Red Pill concepts. I actually agree with many Red Pill viewpoints, but I also see that there are certain venues and communities where it's just not practical to talk about it. In a couple of decades of operation for OSW and it's predecessor, The Warrior Forum, there were like 5 women total who posted in those communities. The tone was a little different, it was more dedicated military / law enforcement culture oriented and was mostly guys. Here, because Sideshow had a broad range of licenses and types of formats, there are far more women posting and participating. The tone here is different.

There's a way to criticize both toxic masculinity and toxic femininity when it begins to apply itself to the mainstream.

Critical Drinker has had an elevated profile in the last year or so for his reviews of movie and TV shows. I'm sure there are many who would love to see him "cancelled" in the overall trend of the modern cancel culture. But what he does is focus his criticisms on how shows and movies are making choices, and that might include issues like perceived promiscuity, that cheat basic character development, narrative structure and essential storytelling convention.

To balance out the risks of saying unpopular things with a lot of eyes on him looking to crush him, he invites a female entertainment "internet pundit" in a round table to talk about She Hulk. She explains what she doesn't like about it.

It's just easier to house value judgements within process and form criticism instead of just laying out pure value judgements, which is going to polarize people. Critical Drinker is making value judgements against She Hulk and show runner Jessica Gao, but he's discussing in the framework of process. That makes his position actually defensible.

I hate woke and cancel culture and political correctness as much as the next person. I might actually be more Red Pill than anyone here in private. But if you want to be a guy in modern times and you want to criticize certain elements that are the "new normal", then you have to take a defensible position first. So it's not fair, but it's how it works.

I'm a fan of the Critical Drinker and will be very worried about the future of free speech if he's ever cancelled. He's not perfect, but at least he is a professional writer so has credibility in his critiques.

I haven't seen any of drinker's videos on she hulk yet, but he's generally correct in a good deal of his other analysis videos.

He may be framed at times in the much too prevelant "us vs them" sort of persona that's all over youtube, but I think at the end of the day he's more concerned with the structure of the writing above all.

He's more than happy to call out the good with the bad and to see him praise stuff that you may expect him to drag, such as "Arcane", tells me he's honest in his critique.

I haven't seen any of drinker's videos on she hulk yet, but he's generally correct in a good deal of his other analysis videos.

He may be framed at times in the much too prevelant "us vs them" sort of persona that's all over youtube, but I think at the end of the day he's more concerned with the structure of the writing above all.

He's more than happy to call out the good with the bad and to see him praise stuff that you may expect him to drag, such as "Arcane", tells me he's honest in his critique.
He also thinks Prey was pretty good (but not amazing), but everyone forgets that as it's easier to just to call him a troll. Nuance is important.

I went back a couple of pages to check . . . it was a lot of the silliness and ignorance that cropped up over the last 2 days.

One of my posts was apparently removed too - but I think a chunk of stuff went that was just in the middle of things.

Yeah, there was some preachy stuff about how to conduct oneself when it comes to carnal pleasure seeking. My own, absolutely excellent, comment was also taken down by the evil moderators 🙃

Yeah, there was some preachy stuff about how to conduct oneself when it comes to carnal pleasure seeking. My own, absolutely excellent, comment was also taken down by the evil moderators 🙃
judge-judy-dance.gif
:devil:devil:devil :lol
Xx

I just wanna know where the mods were from like 2018-2021 because this place had no one and I thought snoopy left.

I’m telling ya. Elon musk def bought this site and paid them a couple milli to mod again lol

So Daredevil was only meant to appear in just this one episode? I thought for sure I heard (in interviews with Cox and the creators) that he was going to be in multiple episodes at the end of the season, but I guess that was just fan speculation and nothing more.

:yess: :wave

609f79c036f54c4564ab72e0f89df98f.gif

I just wanna know where the mods were from like 2018-2021 because this place had no one and I thought snoopy left.

I’m telling ya. Elon musk def bought this site and paid them a couple milli to mod again lol
I never left.

During that time we had about six to seven mods but only two of us, Adoptedscot and myself, were doing any modding. Most of the time was spent banning the spammers who hit the site on a daily/hourly basis.

Not to mention that it was hard to see everything and no one was reporting anything.

I'm a fan of the Critical Drinker and will be very worried about the future of free speech if he's ever cancelled. He's not perfect, but at least he is a professional writer so has credibility in his critiques.
He also thinks Prey was pretty good (but not amazing), but everyone forgets that as it's easier to just to call him a troll. Nuance is important.

I can't say I am a fan - I've watched a few of his videos over the last couple of years. He's obviously a smart guy, and he can be funny (which I always appreciate), but you can't help but cringe when he says something stupid just to get a reaction. I just don't bother with his stuff any more (so haven't seen anything related to She-Hulk).

He doesn't do himself any favours by the folks he occasionally associates with either - those being the FNT morons. They and their guests have figured out their audience, and how to make money by being consistently snarky & OTT negative.

People get turned off "movie stars" when they say dumb stuff, and the same holds true for social media critics (and posters on forums :) ).

LOL - love that new "Snoopy" sig gif :lol (although I also miss the cute girl with the bat - never did figure out what that was from :unsure: ).

The new sig is for Halloween, the old one will return later. :D

The girl in my other sig is Alexis Kraus from the band Sleigh Bells. The video is Infinity Guitars.

I can't say I am a fan - I've watched a few of his videos over the last couple of years. He's obviously a smart guy, and he can be funny (which I always appreciate), but you can't help but cringe when he says something stupid just to get a reaction. I just don't bother with his stuff any more (so haven't seen anything related to She-Hulk).

He doesn't do himself any favours by the folks he occasionally associates with either - those being the FNT morons. They and their guests have figured out their audience, and how to make money by being consistently snarky & OTT negative.

People get turned off "movie stars" when they say dumb stuff, and the same holds true for social media critics (and posters on forums :) ).

Yeah, I get what you mean by the FNT crew, and I do watch some of their clips, but I'm pretty selective and avoid clickbait rant videos.

I've pretty much abandoned the MCU since NWH (movies) and Loki (TV) as I just don't care anymore, so I try and stay out of commenting on these shows that others enjoy.

If I do see something then I'm happy to debate why I think it is good or bad, but otherwise I just browse occasionally to see if I'm missing a possible gem.

Back