Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this was another really fun episode. To be fair this is the only Marvel series I've actually enjoyed this far, weirdly enough.
My only real complaint is the missed opportunity for Jen to be self-conscious about being green… then remember that Matt’s blind.

Unfortunately this is the same character from Netflix, as is Kingpin.

View attachment 601872
They can say that but it's clearly not the case based on his powers (and style) in Hawkeye.

A by the numbers special ops dude but still a pretty serious guy as I recall - this show has basically turned him into Trevor Slattery and I'm not sure how well that tracks....not very, IMO :lol
I don't disagree, but I enjoyed Roth's performance. In fact, I've been a fan of his since I first saw Reservoir Dogs, and am just happy to see an actor of his caliber in these movies/shows in any capacity. Same would go for Sam Rockwell, who has been criminally underused in the MCU.

Netflix DD is not the MCU DD(and Kingpin also), once people accept that you get to enjoy the DD. What I saw last night was the official MCU introduction of DD since we havent seen him before.

I don't know if anyone else noticed the signs in Blonski's meeting room in last week's episode?

"Today is today" (Emil Blonski) really cracked me up!

Netflix DD is not the MCU DD(and Kingpin also), once people accept that you get to enjoy the DD. What I saw last night was the official MCU introduction of DD since we havent seen him before.
I honestly have no problem buying that's it's the same Daredevil and Kingpin with the same dark, violent histories. We're just seeing them through a slightly more comic booky lens is all.

I honestly have no problem buying that's it's the same Daredevil and Kingpin with the same dark, violent histories. We're just seeing them through a slightly more comic booky lens is all.
I dont either but I dont think thats the case. I dont know if Netflix is canon to the MCU.

Disney wants them to be the same ones, but they're not from everything we've been shown so far, regardless of if they've confirmed it. If they didn't want them to be the same ones they would have recast and not used the Netflix Daredevil theme.

That's kinda like saying the Born Again Kingpin in the comics is not the same Kingpin who shot poison gas from his ascot in Amazing Spider-Man.

That's kinda like saying the Born Again Kingpin in the comics is not the same Kingpin who shot poison gas from his ascot in Amazing Spider-Man.
No, i dont think its like that. Different media.

No, i dont think its like that. Different media.
Different media but same concept.
In fact, I think comics and the MCU are incredibly close in production style. Multiple writers taking on multiple characters in a sprawling canvas across multiple and varied genres.
That's part of what makes it so interesting to me.
For instance: The iconic image of Daredevil chained to a chimney with a gun, which Punisher did to him, is from Garth Ennis's Punisher run. But that's the same run that made Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Wolverine look like idiots when they opposed Punisher. In fact, the story was titled "Confederacy of Dunces", referring to those three.
With that in mind, the more carefree Daredevil we see in She-Hulk makes sense. Different show, different writer, different genre just like the comics. In fact, I felt like I was reading a She-Hulk comic this whole time.

Different media but same concept.
In fact, I think comics and the MCU are incredibly close in production style. Multiple writers taking on multiple characters in a sprawling canvas across multiple and varied genres.
That's part of what makes it so interesting to me.
For instance: The iconic image of Daredevil chained to a chimney with a gun, which Punisher did to him, is from Garth Ennis's Punisher run. But that's the same run that made Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Wolverine look like idiots when they opposed Punisher. In fact, the story was titled "Confederacy of Dunces", referring to those three.
With that in mind, the more carefree Daredevil we see in She-Hulk makes sense. Different show, different writer, different genre just like the comics. In fact, I felt like I was reading a She-Hulk comic this whole time.
I think its more like the difference between 616 Marvel and Ultimate Marvel.

I think its more like the difference between 616 Marvel and Ultimate Marvel.
Well, I dunno what to say about that, then. This still seemed very much like the normal Daredevil to me. But we all come away from these things with different impressions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I dunno what to say about that, then. This still seemed very much like the normal Daredevil to me. But we all come away from these things with different impressions.
Lol, i didnt mean their characteristics were like Ultimate im saying Ultimate Marvel and 616 Marvel.are different just like MCU and Netflix Daredevil is different from each other

*mind you it's also pretty hard to reconcile Emil Blonsky of this show against the character from The Incredible Hulk.
I see it like I see the comics, different writers with different interpretations. Same with DD. People can have their favorite runs but there are people that love the characters no matter who’s take it is (as long as it’s not bad writing of course).

Yeah, Never liked Blonsky in TIH but here I think he is low key hilarious
Tim Roth has always been a genius but I can’t remember him being this funny. Why would you want to back and do the same thing? Boring.

They can say that but it's clearly not the case based on his powers (and style) in Hawkeye.

I don't disagree, but I enjoyed Roth's performance. In fact, I've been a fan of his since I first saw Reservoir Dogs, and am just happy to see an actor of his caliber in these movies/shows in any capacity. Same would go for Sam Rockwell, who has been criminally underused in the MCU.
Yeah bring back Justin Hammer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back