Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the CGI is awful (and that's the easiest part to get right these days) then I don't hold out much hope for the story.

I liked it 🤷‍♂️

A lot of time between now and August to improve the CGI (if they feel the need to)
It’s not going to look much better, these would have been the most polished scenes they have. The quality of the model, the animations (movements are unnatural and weightless) and the lighting/compositing all look like crap.

They have the benefit of reusing the Hulk model from Endgame but that just makes this look worse, the contrast is (Tony) Stark.

Moon Knight had the same issues with their CG. This looks like a video game cutscene from 10 years ago.

Give me a lawyer sitcom where we navigate a world with superhero nonsense
Birdman-logo.jpg

It’s not going to look much better, these would have been the most polished scenes they have. The quality of the model, the animations (movements are unnatural and weightless) and the lighting/compositing all look like crap.

They have the benefit of reusing the Hulk model from Endgame but that just makes this look worse, the contrast is (Tony) Stark.

Moon Knight had the same issues with their CG. This looks like a video game cutscene from 10 years ago.

Fair enough! The story and characterisation still looks fun to me, so still looking forward to it.

I’m glad they took elements of the classic Byrne style She Hulk storyline..that was one of my favorites for her as well as the mini series back in the early 2000ths of her attorney arc.

I always viewed She Hulk as a more light hearted character because she wasn’t fully a monster like Hulk because she still had her personality traits , so this series could be the perfect starting point for her MCU debut.

As far as those commenting that the CGI needs to be improved from the trailer, I don’t see it happening, once a D+ MCU series promo is released..that pretty much is the foundation of what the actual episodes will look like, because the filming of the show is pretty much done , so if there are any CGI changes that occur, it will probably happen when and if she appears in any future MCU film projects or later D+ projects

At first Tatiana seemed like a wildcard IMO, but after watching this trailer I can see why they chose her, she fits the physical attributes of Jennifer being a small petite brunette but with a lot of spunk in her personality so when she becomes She Hulk , physically it’s a huge transformation in appearance.

My only gripe is Tati’s face is a little aged ..she has always looked like a woman much older and more mature then what she was supposed to be, even in her earlier roles. In other words..if she was a playing a person in their 20‘s in a show or film , she looked like she was 30 or that character’s aunt or even an older sister , but I guess that’s okay for the Byrne style of She Hulk, because his style always made characters look much older in the comics .

That’s why the glamorized factor when She Hulk is supposed to look sexy might look weird because of Tati’s face looks a bit old at times but we will have to see in the actual episodes.

I just hope they don’t go overboard with the PC and SJW views in this series but that’s kind of been the norm for Disney nowadays :lecture

If they keep it light hearted and fun and grounded like Yelena in the MCU or even how Kate Bishop was it will be fine, but I have a feeling they are going to ruin the show by making her too much of a Mary Sue type :slap

Me!

Could care less about She-Hulk and every other derivative characters from the comic books they only serve to water down the main character.

Echo lol

My only gripe is Tati’s face is a little aged ..she has always looked like a woman much older and more mature then what she was supposed to be, even in her earlier roles. In other words..if she was a playing a person in their 20‘s in a show or film , she looked like she was 30 or that character’s aunt or even an older sister , but I guess that’s okay for the Byrne style of She Hulk, because his style always made characters look much older in the comics .

You absolutely would though. And you'd have a bloody great time too.

Last edited:
If the CGI is awful (and that's the easiest part to get right these days) then I don't hold out much hope for the story.
As a CG artist, getting CG up to snuff is one of the HARDEST things to do. The story I get is finished; it’s making the visuals to match it that takes time and money. Multiple passes for shaders, lighting, rigging, ambient occlusion, specularity, diffusion maps, effects… any one of these not being in place yet can make a scene look flat or uncanny. No Way Home’s artists kept working on the film’s visuals AFTER theatrical release because they just weren’t DONE yet.

It’s never a matter of talent or “lazy” artists. It’s time, resources, and budget. The show has 3 months dedicated exclusively to polish it up, but even the best movies are compromises.

So I guess the whole reason that Marvel created She-Hulk in 1979/80 is because they were worried that NBC would create a female counterpart to Lou Ferrigno a la The Six Million Dollar Man/Bionic Woman and if that had happened NBC would have permanently owned the rights to their new creation.

Anyone know why they didn't just paint her face/arms/legs like they did with Gamora or Vision?

I'm not seeing why not if she's wearing a suit and you are seeing her from the waist up. And the scenes where she has to do bigger action set pieces they could keep the CGI. It would be less noticeable than just a shot of her standing normally, mostly covered.

Plus there's a lot of ways to make a character look big and imposing with practical effects. Tom Hardy playing Bane was always shown to give him a big imposing presence even though Hardy isn't a giant by any means.

Anyone know why they didn't just paint her face/arms/legs like they did with Gamora or Vision?

I'm not seeing why not if she's wearing a suit and you are seeing her from the waist up. And the scenes where she has to do bigger action set pieces they could keep the CGI. It would be less noticeable than just a shot of her standing normally, mostly covered.

Plus there's a lot of ways to make a character look big and imposing with practical effects. Tom Hardy playing Bane was always shown to give him a big imposing presence even though Hardy isn't a giant by any means.
Great idea!!

I wonder why they never painted Mark Ruffalo green? :monkey3

Because she's supposed to be almost a foot taller than her human form and a bit beefier.

As a CG artist, getting CG up to snuff is one of the HARDEST things to do. The story I get is finished; it’s making the visuals to match it that takes time and money. Multiple passes for shaders, lighting, rigging, ambient occlusion, specularity, diffusion maps, effects… any one of these not being in place yet can make a scene look flat or uncanny. No Way Home’s artists kept working on the film’s visuals AFTER theatrical release because they just weren’t DONE yet.

It’s never a matter of talent or “lazy” artists. It’s time, resources, and budget. The show has 3 months dedicated exclusively to polish it up, but even the best movies are compromises.
Me too. That's why I said it. A lot is down to budget and timing, which Disney has in spades. The one thing that isn't quantifiable is story and pacing. That's down to feeling, not reference balls. Plus the VFX changes are taken to the wire with Supes pixel ******* every shot. You can't re-write and re-shoot a shot the week before release.

Back