Marvel Studios - She Hulk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fine to give the character comedic under tones. To make a light hearted show. But the series should not be an outright comedy. The FOX Deadpool movies are not classified as a comedy, but straight Action/Adventure. And there is plenty of comedy in those 2. Even Peacemaker on HBOMax is labeled as Action.

This was classified in it's listing on D+ as a Comedy. From the trailers it appears we are already gonna get enough comedy in the teen dramedy of the Ms Marvel series. This should not follow the same suit. I mean, she's a lawyer.

If this is what you want, a straight up comedy, then more power to ya... Enjoy it. But it's certainly not what I want, nor I'd expect the majority of comic fans. It's just gonna be another mess of a MCU D+ show.

So far, the MCU D+ shows don't have a pretty good track record.

It's fine to give the character comedic under tones. To make a light hearted show. But the series should not be an outright comedy. The FOX Deadpool movies are not classified as a comedy, but straight Action/Adventure. And there is plenty of comedy in those 2. Even Peacemaker on HBOMax is labeled as Action.

This was classified in it's listing on D+ as a Comedy. From the trailers it appears we are already gonna get enough comedy in the teen dramedy of the Ms Marvel series. This should not follow the same suit. I mean, she's a lawyer.

If this is what you want, a straight up comedy, then more power to ya... Enjoy it. But it's certainly not what I want, nor I'd expect the majority of comic fans. It's just gonna be another mess of a MCU D+ show.

So far, the MCU D+ shows don't have a pretty good track record.
I mean, all of the shows were generally well-received. Even weaker ones like TFATWS are still pretty positive. My least favorite was What If?, and yet I see lot of positive response.

And Moon Knight was great. Loki is in my top 5 MCU offerings so far.

She-Hulk has decades of established comedy-focused runs, up to and including modern comedy stories with her at the heart. Fans were whining for her to lighten up for the last few years because we already have angsty, angry Hulks, and Jenn’s sassier, funnier combo of heroism, Ally McBeal, and The Office is a huge part of making her unique in the world of comics.

Gawd, I’d hate a non-funny, non-comedy show of hers. She’s in her element as a weirdo in a weird world trying and failing to be normal.
1476822944615152786.jpg

Give me a lawyer sitcom where we navigate a world with superhero nonsense.

ff.jpg

The show's premise is probably Bruce's limp arm and everybody in the show makes fun of him. I don't know. :p

I don't know anything about She-Hulk but what it seems from the posts here, her story leans on the funny side. So if the show is more comedic and is entertaining, I guess it's not that bad going that route.

Agreed, when I think of She-Hulk, I primarily think of Dan Slott's 2004-2005 run above anything else. That was a great legal comedy style run of comics with Jen trying to navigate the bonkers world of superhero law and order. Looking forward to this series.

HOLY **** that CGI is just AWFUL :lol :lol :lol

The Incredible Hulk in 2008 looked better. She looks like Fiona from Shrek.

Seems the reports on CG problems weren’t off-base. It definitely got the TV budget, even comparing just Hulk himself.

But the actual show and characterization seemed on-point.

I love how the effects look so much like her actual face …This is going to be a wild ride :lol

You go from the intensity and dramatic theme of MoM right after the mystery and intrigue of MoonKnight to something so comical and down to earth as She Hulk

This is why I love comics :clap

Glad Mark is going to be involved as Smart Hulk

Last edited:
That trailer was great. The CGI was a bit iffy here and there, but overall it gave off a great vibe. I'm looking forward to this!

I never expected Disney to give She Hulk enough muscles to win a female bodybuilding competition, but I did expect there to be enough for her to enter. The twig limbs on the CGI is pathetic.

I love how the effects look so much like her actual face …This is going to be a wild ride :lol

You go from the intensity and dramatic theme of MoM right after the mystery and intrigue of MoonKnight to something so comical and down to earth as She Hulk

This is why I love comics :clap

Glad Mark is going to be involved as Smart Hulk
I’m not, they kinda ruined Hulk after Ragnarok.

hqkxbsv.gif

Well, I'm glad I don't care about the Hulkverse... I played with the idea of getting a She-Hulk to add to my FF, but it was abandoned in an instant. This trailer... Look, I'd say even Clown Kang left me with a less cringy reaction. Clown Kang. Clown. Kang. So... yeah. However, I'll still watch it for Tim Roth. I love the guy.

PS: The best green Marvel lady is Gamora, and I hope they give Saldana a proper outfit in 3 so that I can get her dolly.

4a9c16523a68fd0bbaec4fcf182199df.jpg

Last edited:
Back