Marvel Studios - Ms. Marvel series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are we comparing this to Nicklodeon or CW? Just say it looks like a Marvel show which is all we need to hear to know that it will suck, lol.
Because it looks like Neds Declassified School
Survival Guide with superpowers :lol

I think it looks like a giant pile of juvenile garbage, but that's fine....I'm a grumpy old middle aged white man. This show is not for me and never was meant to be.

I hope teens and tweens and emotionally stunted adults enjoy it, like they're supposed to.

Same thing with that new Pixar movie. I think it looks intentionally ugly...like they went out of their way to make all the characters as ugly and unappealing as possible. But apparently that's what they teach at the Cal Arts School of Animation (see "Steven Universe.") I'll never sit through "Turning Red" or whatever the hell it's called but I'm sure the handful of 13 year old Chinese-Canadian girls living in Toronto will just love it. (Sheesh, talk about a niche audience.)

No Inhumans means no reason for me to even do my usual 2.0x speedwatch. But it was to be expected, it's not really aimed at me. Whatever, I hope the tweens enjoy it.

Looks a bit kidish for my liking. This must be targetted at the teenage market.

I think it looks like a giant pile of juvenile garbage, but that's fine....I'm a grumpy old middle aged white man. This show is not for me and never was meant to be.

I hope teens and tweens and emotionally stunted adults enjoy it, like they're supposed to.
I agree. However, the 40+ year old white male demo has been so extensively catered to by Marvel Studios that I can't complain. Frankly the long-term business model should be to pull in new demographics, with things like this, Shang Chi, and the Eternals. But this may be the first Marvel Studios tv show that I skip out on. Just doesn't seem to be much for me personally to get excited about.

I'll watch it because that's what I do with the MCU, but I can't pretend I'm overly psyched for it. I already assume it to take the spot at the bottom of my Disney+ MCU rankings. That being said, both of my daughters seem really interested in it, so as many of you have already mentioned, that looks to be Marvel's target with this one.

Geez guys, I'm sorry they didn't make the ultimate dark and gritty Ms. Marvel like she is in the comics. Oh wait...

It does look like they did a good job translating the Kamala part of the character, he fantasy stuff and fan fiction, along with her struggle of always feeling like an outsider based on her heritage. The intro and the way the Marvel Logo springs from her doodles is a cool way of making the story unique to her character. I hope there is more of that.

I am a bit put off by how radically different her powerset and origins are going to be. Never expected inhumans to be involved, but the whole embiggening powers are pretty central to her story.

Last edited:
I agree. However, the 40+ year old white male demo has been so extensively catered to by Marvel Studios that I can't complain. Frankly the long-term business model should be to pull in new demographics, with things like this, Shang Chi, and the Eternals. But this may be the first Marvel Studios tv show that I skip out on. Just doesn't seem to be much for me personally to get excited about.
Spot on. This is for a different audience, plain and simple. And that's okay. With Moon Knight coming out next week, there's something for everyone.

I’m not the target audience, but I know my kid will love it. And I’ll be watching with her.

Now bring on Squirrel Girl.

Back