MARVEL' S Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GRC member should have looked at Sam and said "Remember when Steve threw down his shield and kicked Batroc's ass? While you made fun of his nationality but could barely hold your own WITH a shield and only escaped thanks to your fancy peacock wings? Do better." *lights cigarette and calls for his limo*

Oh man lol

Batroc was a dummy though for taking on Cap who was on the serum.

But with both Falcon and Batroc not having the serum I do see Batroc having the upper hand.

Well, they tried hard there:cool:. I did like Sharon's look of humbleness lol.

I'm guessing but I had read complaints in the past that some black people dismissed Falcon as a black hero because he goofed off too much, or was too "fun" or whatever. So the show decided to make him the steely-jawed hero.

IMO, not everyone can have the presence of Boseman or Eastwood, so don't try. It was a mistake with Will Smith and a mistake with a talented actor (Mackie). Like,
the scene with Sam wiping the blood from the shield, and his expression, I thought was perfect.

That didn't mean he had to be weighed down through the whole show. Or, yah know, that a terrorist shouldn't be called a terrorist.:slap
I didn't even recognize the character I've spent money on.:(

:lol :lol :lol

I read somewhere that the Sharon credits scene was originally going to be very different ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Take that with a grain of salt, but that would've been pretty sweet.

I read somewhere that the Sharon credits scene was originally going to be very different ...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Take that with a grain of salt, but that would've been pretty sweet.

That would not have worked lol

Well I wrote a paragraph with my thoughts on it, a sentence with telling me about facts doesn't quite prove your point. Efficiency in his quote seemed quite odd to me. But "reporters" never really pressure these celebrities to refine their broad and overarching opinions. I want specific examples from them so I know exactly what they mean. If a poll of people says to talk about this issue, does Cap march out there and adjust his point of view to theirs? Is he always bending in the wind for the topic of today?

I respect your opinion/view of what Cap represents, but it stops when you put words in Lumbly's mouth to make a point - nowhere did he say that he "wants you to be like LeBron, mouth off on Twitter for what "he deems right" because "he listens". As for his use of the word efficiency, I agree that was odd. I got the impression it wasn't the word that best represented the idea he wanted to get across but it was the closest that came to mind. It sounded (to me) like he meant that his Captain America knows right from wrong and will apply what's right in his decision making regardless of public opinion. Which pretty much describes Steve Rogers to a T (as exemplified in CW).

I heard that originally when Sharon ended the call they were going to show a close-up of someone's hand setting their phone down on a desk and then pan up to reveal...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Since a Secret Invasion storyline is upcoming, the newest fan theories are that Sharon Carter is a Skrull.

Would actually make sense since the Power Broker bit is way off base and out of character for Sharon Carter. One of the things that really bugged me in this show.

Really should've shown that. Perhaps they are kicking that can down the road to see if the threads work out that way? Would've been a great ending for discussion and pump up the Secret Invasion show.

They really need to just say all characters in this show were Skrulls in order to clean up this mess, lol.

:lol :lol :lol

I heard that originally when Sharon ended the call they were going to show a close-up of someone's hand setting their phone down on a desk and then pan up to reveal...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now that would be terrifying! The Woker Broker!

Steve Rogers stood for what he thought was right, and he never backed down. With that said, I agree with what you said there.

I agree with you but unlike what Sam did in this series publicly confronting the politics in charge to make things right, what did Steve do about the Sokovia Accord beyond hiding?
Yes he always stood for what he thought was right, and he never backed down, Steve was a good man but he did not have the will to make changes.
Maybe people would listen to him, but he choose to hide, he actually never even tried unlike his comic counterpart during the Civil War arc.

Matticus, Captain America is political, he was created to be a political propaganda. I know he has a cool frisby but he mean more than that.
But i agree with you on that "Just cause a lot of people want you to do one thing, doesn't mean you are representing everyone". But in this case Michael Jordan is just a relevant athlete and not a political figure like Captain America, that is what Sam became when he accept the mantle. Lumby is saying that as a political figure Sam HAVE to make stands because Sam was born after the civil rights movement, he is expected to be progressive for social justice and equality, unlike Rogers,who was a man out of his time and was just living his life fighting what he thought was right.

In the end the harsh truth that no one wants to admit is that Captain America is a woke and SJW agenda driven character.

I agree with you but unlike what Sam did in this series publicly confronting the politics in charge to make things right, what did Steve do about the Sokovia Accord beyond hiding?
Yes he always stood for what he thought was right, and he never backed down, Steve was a good man but he did not have the will to make changes.
Maybe people would listen to him, but he choose to hide, he actually never even tried unlike his comic counterpart during the Civil War arc.

Matticus, Captain America is political, he was created to be a political propaganda. I know he has a cool frisby but he mean more than that.
But i agree with you on that "Just cause a lot of people want you to do one thing, doesn't mean you are representing everyone". But in this case Michael Jordan is just a relevant athlete and not a political figure like Captain America, that is what Sam became when he accept the mantle. Lumby is saying that as a political figure Sam HAVE to make stands because Sam was born after the civil rights movement, he is expected to be progressive for social justice and equality, unlike Rogers,who was a man out of his time and was just living his life fighting what he thought was right.

In the end the harsh truth that no one wants to admit is that Captain America is a woke and SJW agenda driven character.

Steve Cap was for war bonds in a World War, win or die. Captain Woke just assumes people hate him cause he is black and that maybe we shouldn't feel so bad for killer terrorists. You don't have to be political in being Captain America. They are making it more political than it needs to be and it doesn't. Cap can get dragged into it like CW and Stark in IM2, but you don't need to lecture and guilt trip with the social justice. Funny they can't do a pandemic storyline, but they can cover social justice. They can head that direction, but go woke and go broke will happen, especially if that is done in a Cap4 movie. Looks like a lot of people enjoyed the Oscars with that direction, oh wait lowest rated of all-time.

It was trash writing AND directing. I think they even did Walker wrong. He was so erratic, they didn't give him time to grow much in this series. I think they failed his character as much as Isaiah's. I am just glad it is over and I don't have to subject myself to anymore of it. While I don't really care for Rotten Tomatoes, an audience score of 73% pretty much shows that it didn't hit the mark and was too divisive, like politics! WandaVision got an 81% and I can't subject myself to that torture.

I think Steve vs Sokovia Accords is not comparable. Steve at CW did try to stand up to his ideals. He spoke up to why he the Accords was a bad idea when they were discussing it in the Avengers compound. He discussed it again when he was apprehended and Stark was asking him to sign the Accords. But that discussion was cut short when Bucky broke out. After that, more urgent matters meant Steve had to act first.

CW ended with Steve on the run because he became a fugitive. Sam has the luxury of speaking to that senator because he wasn't wanted/going to prison. Steve on the other hand would have just been apprehended and put to prison.

Captain America's been torn apart. Now he's a court jester with a broken heart.

He said, "Turn me around and take me back to the start, I must be losing my mind....are you blind??"

I've seen it all a million times.

Umm seriously.

Steve stood up to Thanos, ALONE, ready to die for humanity of all races.

Yup what a hiding wimp with zero will to confront challenges lol

Last edited:
That HT Falcon Cap does look amazing though.

Surprised that Spellman didn’t make HT include a wings up don’t shoot promotional pose

:chase

Last edited:
Back