Marvel PF and Comiquettes - Scale vs Mixed Media

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVEL PF AND COMIQUETTES - SCALE VS MIXED MEDIA

• Total voters

INFECDEAD

Super Freak
Reaction score
The argument is endless but I thought I'd just get an overall idea from the board about how important scale and mixed media in Marvel PF and Comiquette statues is to everyone and if it affects their purchases/collection.
This is for Marvel statues only and play nice!

Last edited:
Hmmm 1/5 - 1/4 scale is OK by me. PF or Sculpted is OK by me...although PF have to be done right or its a no-go. So I am not sure where my vote should go under this poll.

so long as it's 1:4 scale and a character I like, I'll bite.

I have spiderman ordered and one of the most impt reason for me to order is size.

it has to fit in with my existing PF.

if not it's a pass for me.

Hmmm 1/5 - 1/4 scale is OK by me. PF or Sculpted is OK by me...although PF have to be done right or its a no-go. So I am not sure where my vote should go under this poll.

this is how i feel about it too but since there is no option for it i choose the first one

Sorry if anyone feels there is a lack of options I just tried to boil this down to the simplest elements because there is so many "what if's" it will just get too complicated! I think the 4 options essentially cover the core of each idea?
Mr Green you sound like an option 1 man to me...
If you have any better poll options please comment.

Mixed media or fully sculpted doesn't matter - Comiquettes and PF's should all be 1/4 scale.

I don't care whether it's 1/4th or 1/5th, or whether it's a comiquette or a premium format. Just depends on whether it looks good.

I like my statues to be 1/4 scale, and to look good. As this poll clearly shows, the incessant complaining about PF clothing comes from a vocal minority.

I'm all about 1/4 when it comes to statues, and usually don't care about mixed media. But, because this poll is marvel, I have to go with option 4. Some like the clothing on PFs and that's cool- so do I. I just think it works much, much better for statues based on subject matter pertaining to the real world- film, music, famous persona's ect. I think the extra dimension of mixed media when applied to characters coming off the panels of comic books takes away from the statues instead of complementing them. So, when dealing with marvel statues, gotta go with sculpted.

Option #2 and #4 seem to overlap partially since some of the recent mixed media pieces lack the pajama effect (Gambit, Black Panther).

Venom would have looked just as terrible covered in cloth as Sabretooth does.

At least they got Venom right.

so long as it's 1:4 scale and a character I like, I'll bite.
I have spiderman ordered and one of the most impt reason for me to order is size.
I voted for #2. Sideshow has said that scale is not important to them. Well, scale is 100% important to me and I will pass on anything that is not 1/4th. Looking at the results of this poll so far, 70%+ feel the same way I do.

Back