Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Dark Reign]

Ok, just read Dark Avengers #6 and X-Men/Dark Avengers Utopia #1. Dark Avengers continues to be a great read, but I was disappointed with Utopia
Dark Avengers:
  • Osborn is continuing to piss his team off; Bullseye and Moonstone in particular.
  • Doom and Loki are working together to undermine Osborn
  • Norman tries to order/yell at Namor resulting in a major clash of personalities and Namor leaving the group. Osborn then orders Sentry to release the Void and kill every Atlantean "terrorist cell" except one to be paraded through the streets to give the public peace of mind...the Atlantean is then fed to Venom.
  • Marvel Boy is missing
  • At the end of the book, Osborn has a conversation with his green mental companion

Utopia:
  • Mutant Rights and Humanity Now groups have riots throughout San Francisco resulting in the Dark Avengers being sent in to enforce order
  • Osborn tells Emma Frost that Cyclops cannot handle the job of being mutantkinds leader and he wants Emma in charge; he then gives her a folder and it eludes that they have sex afterwards (Osborn says, "Think big, real big." Emma replies, "Oh my!" and the next box is her with just a sheet on.)
  • Emma turns into the Black Queen
  • Beast is imprisoned, Venom and Colossus go at it, Bullseye helps out the local police, and Ares and Northstar prepare to fight
  • At the end, a seemingly brainwashed Professor X is telling mutant kind to stand down and do what the government wants (sterilization of mutants)

I really like how Dark Avengers is panning out, but Utopia seems...stretched and rushed to me. I don't like how Trask just shows up in San Francisco with Humanity Now! insisting on sterilization of mutants and instantly the city has riots while Cyclops just seems confused and unable to give commands.

I hate what Marvel is doing with Emma Frost. She has always been...provacative, but now they are just portraying her as a super-whore who is willing to do anything to get by instead of the co-leader of the X-Men who helped Cyclops turn the team more militaristic. C'mon, in the last few months it has been revealed that she has slept with Sebastian Shaw, NAMOR, and now hinted at Norman Osborn? Why does Marvel have ANY villains turn hero if they are just going to retcon or change the character back? Just seems a waste that they have spent the last five years building her as a strong-willed leader just to trash that.

Finally, I think that without the Void, the Dark Avengers do not stand a chance against the combined X-Men teams. Venom vs. Colossus? Colossus stood up to the Hulk (albeit, briefly) during WWH. Ares would cause problems, but I just think it is a bit of a stretch.

Well, now we know that the Professor Xavier being paraded around by Norman is in actuality Mystique, whom Emma seemed quite ready to execute on the spot if given permission... but the fact alone that she would be asking permission, and from Norman Osborn, is the way the tables have turned in the Marvel U right now. I like that Mystique has been outfitted with nanites in the same respect that the Thunderbolt team members were, but with hers having the added feature of an explosive capacity to render her little more than a crimson mist, should she step out of line. I wouldn't count Emma out just yet. She is as she has ever been - extremely provocative in terms of both her actions and her motivation. Her villainy has boundaries, unlike the other members of the Cabal; she joined Norman's alliance for a noble reason, that being the safeguarding of mutant kind. You'll notice that in Utopia, Emma's turncoat actions don't strike Scott as particularly bothersome, but rather compelling. Watching Scott as he witnesses Emma's activity seems more like a pensive chess player observing a mate's clever move in admiration, rather than gauging a petulant, traitorous opponent and yearning to strike a devastating blow. Norman legitimately believes Emma to be playing for his team, and right now I'm not entirely certain she's not playing for Scott's as well. She may very well not be motivated by power, as Norman and the other members of the Cabal largely are, but rather still by a desire to safeguard her kind. Better to be at the right hand of the devil than in his path...

In terms of Avengers power players, Ares is, after all, a god. The god of war, for that matter. Very, very few things give him pause on the field of battle. I find it difficult to calculate many who could oppose him in a protracted fight. Ares, Moonstone, and the Sentry are the heavy-hitters that the Dark Avengers have going for them, and being that we saw the Void make his Dark Reign arrival in the last Dark Avengers issue, I'd say the odds are heavily stacked in the Avengers' favor. I LOVE the feral angle with Venom, allowing him to feast upon both the flesh of the innocent and prisoners' alike. He's an attack dog, Norman's little Rancor to whom he can toss all troublemakers and leave them little more than stains on the floor. This last issue of Dark Avengers was easily my favorite. We continue to see an interesting dynamic play out between Norman and Bob, particularly when he calls upon the Void to make an example of the Atlanteans. I'm curious what Namor will think of all this, but again with Bob at his beckon call few can oppose him... at least until Bob blows a fuse, in which case everyone on the planet will have much bigger worries than the Dark Reign. A very, very, very strong issue for the Dark Avengers. And overall I like what I'm reading in Utopia thus far.

Last edited:

Waiting for Dark Reign to be over and Osborn to be owned.
Ughhhhhhhh this is lame, but still better than DC Universe.

I'm anxiously waiting on the next Secret Warriors. H.A.M.M.E.R. vs. Hydra, vs. Howling Commandos. :rock :rock :rock

That and the upcoming Thunderbolts arc, now that we know Black Widow II is working for Fury.

Dark Reign ftw :banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

The Dark Avengers will get owned bad against Hulk & his son in DARK REIGN: THE LIST—HULK in Sptember...:banana

The Dark Avengers will get owned bad against Hulk & his son in DARK REIGN: THE LIST—HULK in Sptember...:banana

Gotta agree there. The Hulk is a powerhouse; even with the Sentry they don't have the firepower to take him out. It's going to be wild. I'm looking forward to The List: Daredevil as well, when Norman takes off Bullseye's leash and sends him after Daredevil. Bullseye's been hoping Norman would give him license to tackle Murdock since they first joined forces in the Thunderbolts.

Norman needs a set of claws thru the brain, or a green foot up the arse.
Get passed this DR and move on. This is almost like the stupid arse bull they pull in DC. Now they are even flowing into my X-Universe. Come on Cap, maybe he'll put his shield through his head like Wolvie did to Skull in Old Man Logan.

Get passed this DR and move on. This is almost like the stupid arse bull they pull in DC. Now they are even flowing into my X-Universe...

I was really enjoying Dark Reign until they started screwing with X-Men as well; I am really pissed with what they are doing with Emma Frost/Cyclops and the beginning of "undoing" the militant aspect that the X-Men had taken. Trust me, with Emma's betrayal and Professor X in prison, the X-Men are going back to the whole "can't we get along" attitude of the past. I was so disgusted that I didn't hit the comic shop last Wednesday because I didn't want to see Dark X-Men on the shelves.

Dark Reign seemed a logical progression from Civil War for the Avengers, but I feel like they are using it to retcon the X-Men.

Norman needs a set of claws thru the brain, or a green foot up the arse.
Get passed this DR and move on. This is almost like the stupid arse bull they pull in DC. Now they are even flowing into my X-Universe. Come on Cap, maybe he'll put his shield through his head like Wolvie did to Skull in Old Man Logan.

crying.jpg

Good one arse wipe.
Wait til they finally kill off that piece of junk Osborn you love sooo much, then we will see who is cryin.
You belong in the DC section.
Think I helped all your whining and cryin about them not making your thread a sticky, and got them to modify this one.

Good one arse wipe.
Wait til they finally kill off that piece of junk Osborn you love sooo much, then we will see who is cryin.
You belong in the DC section.
Think I helped all your whining and cryin about them not making your thread a sticky, and got them to modify this one.

Because I like it when the bad guys are running the show? Give me a break. Nothing wrong with having the lunatics in charge of the asylum; loads of fun. It's better than having 30 books revolving around Wolverine. Norman has always been my favorite villain. You know why? He faked his death and orchestrated Peter thinking he was a clone for years on top of causing Spidey's daughter to be stillborn; then there was the time he buried Aunt May alive for kicks. Why'd he do all this? Because Norman didn't like Peter. Oh, and he impregnated Pete's teenage love before throwing her off a bridge. BEST. VILLAIN. EVER. Dark Reign is here, but I'm sure you'll still have at least 9 Wolverine books to keep you happy.

Beware of the Worldbreaker, Normand !!!

slae.jpg

Because I like it when the bad guys are running the show? Give me a break. Nothing wrong with having the lunatics in charge of the asylum; loads of fun. It's better than having 30 books revolving around Wolverine. Norman has always been my favorite villain. You know why? He faked his death and orchestrated Peter thinking he was a clone for years on top of causing Spidey's daughter to be stillborn; then there was the time he buried Aunt May alive for kicks. Why'd he do all this? Because Norman didn't like Peter. Oh, and he impregnated Pete's teenage love before throwing her off a bridge. BEST. VILLAIN. EVER. Dark Reign is here, but I'm sure you'll still have at least 9 Wolverine books to keep you happy.

No, not cause you like a bad guy.
I don't care why you like Norman, big whoop.
I don't yell from the top of the mountains how I love Wolverine.
I can care less.
I think it is a poor way to run a big event, maybe like an "Age of Apocalyse" type of scenario would this be good, but not in regular continuity.
I don't read DC, and the only time I did that was when the broke Batman's back and brought in Azrael and killed Superman.
This seems like what I hear what they do over in DC.
Live it up while the lamest villain ever is running the show, cause they are only setting him up for the "greatest downfall for the greatest villain, ever".
Whatever.
Enjoy it, it'll be shortlived.
As Shai said, beware of the Worldbreaker!
Beware of Cap and Iron Man and beware of Wolverine.
Hell he needs to beware of the idiots he has on the teams he has set up.
He is gonna be Magneto towards the end of X3, "What have I done?"

No, not cause you like a bad guy.
I don't care why you like Norman, big whoop.
I don't yell from the top of the mountains how I love Wolverine.
I can care less.
I think it is a poor way to run a big event, maybe like an "Age of Apocalyse" type of scenario would this be good, but not in regular continuity.
I don't read DC, and the only time I did that was when the broke Batman's back and brought in Azrael and killed Superman.
This seems like what I hear what they do over in DC.
Live it up while the lamest villain ever is running the show, cause they are only setting him up for the "greatest downfall for the greatest villain, ever".
Whatever.
Enjoy it, it'll be shortlived.
As Shai said, beware of the Worldbreaker!
Beware of Cap and Iron Man and beware of Wolverine.
Hell he needs to beware of the idiots he has on the teams he has set up.
He is gonna be Magneto towards the end of X3, "What have I done?"

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Deadpool #12 (Final "Bullseye" issue 4/4)

This issue was funny as hell. It starts off with Bullseye waking up in a public hospital after Deadpool shoved a meathook through his chest. Osborn chides Bullseye for letting Deadpool make a fool out of them both and points out the 'Get Well Soon' flowers that Deadpool left next to Bullseye's bed and the video of Deadpool eating at a taco stand to lure Bullseye to him. (Deadpool sees Bullseye as a childhood friend who he is really just playing a game with; remember, DP is completely insane)

Bullseye decides to wait DP out since he knows that DP is impatient; it works and BE shoots an RPG, point blank, at the van DP was driving in. I don't want to spoil the next part, but it ends in BE saying, "Ok, I admit it, that was $%!@ awsome." Bullseye then begs DP to not help him get unstuck from under said van, via a chainsaw to the leg, and BE admits that he cannot defeat Deadpool! BE then pays Deadpool "more money than he has in eleven offshore accounts" to disappear until Norman Osborn eventually falls. They then joke around like childhood friends and part ways; DP sits on a couch for the next month bored out of his mind watching TV and then shoots himself in the head...because he was bored. :sick

Dark Avengers #7

Pretty good issue and it is giving more insight to the Dark X-Men. Osborn is using Dark Beast to create a way to remove the X-Gene and it is killing normal Beast. Cyclops goes up to Osborn and tells him to surrender and get out of San Francisco; they get into an arguement and Cyclops flies away leaving Osborn to order Slim's immediate execution. :mad: The Dark X-Men arrest all the rioters and Emma sees the young mutants being put into mask that look like torture devices; several of the Dark X-Men do not like this and the Dark Avengers start talking crap to them and a massive fight breaks out between the two.

Meanwhile, Emma demands a search of HAMMER's facilities and Professor X starts telepathically talking to her; it ends with Osborn sweating as Emma stares into Prof. X's disguised cell.

Sorry Scar, but I am hoping that Cyclops, Wolverine, Hawkeye, and Hulk all take turns playing fastball special with Osborn.

Meh, I'm going to go ahead and enjoy the Dark Reign for what it is. Seems a moot point to beware a fictional character of any kind. :lol Curious what then would constitute a good villain for you, though. But I won't quibble. I'll leave you to your druthers. Fine by me that Norman's being set up for the fall. The fragile psyche does that already, and makes him more interesting. The man loves being an outright bastard; I respect that. It's never, "I legitimately have everyone's best interests at heart and am merely achieving noble ends through unconventional means." No. He's a villain for villainy's sake. He's an absolutely despicable human being through and through who doesn't want to better the world, but raze it whimsically from its banal foundations while living comfortably. It'll be a hell of a lot of fun even while the house of cards comes crashing down, and guaranteed Norman won't go down alone when the time comes.

No apologies needed. He's the most hated man in the Marvel U at the moment. I'm fine with that. He's not playing the game to win Mr. Popularity. He's hoping to amass as much power as he can and rape the Superhero ideal for those who have dedicated their lives to it. I'm just fine with that. :D

Last edited:

I just found this thread and have enjoyed all the opinions being posted. For me Dark Reign at this stage has been average. I enjoyed Doc Strange and the battle for his amulate thingy but thats about it. I was much more hyped over Cival War and WW Hulk. Im looking forward to Loki getting his ass beat - seems long overdue. My fovourite comic fo years was when Thor beat the crap out of Iron Man. :rotfl I love Iron Man, but Thor rocks:joy
Make mine Marvel.

Just read Avengers 55. Reasonably good but far from awesome. The latest Ultimatium - WOW. Gore galore!

World War Hulks coming in December, Red Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Skaar...With Loeb,I think this is going to suck honestly...oversaturation of caca.Pak Needs to work alone on this.

Back