Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Secret Invasion Discussion (Spoilers)

Didn't Loeb rape Thor with the bashing by Rulk? I mean JMS has done his fair side of damage but give credit where credit is due.

Didn't Loeb rape Thor with the bashing by Rulk? I mean JMS has done his fair side of damage but give credit where credit is due.

True, in recent days, it has been much more accurate to take Loeb to task... seeing as he has apparently lost his mind, Ultimatum aside (still withholding judgment there). I just don't know what to make of Rulk yet. He's monstrously powerful, and even intelligent, so it's difficult to say where he ranks in a throw-down with Marvel's big guns.

True, in recent days, it has been much more accurate to take Loeb to task... seeing as he has apparently lost his mind, Ultimatum aside (still withholding judgment there). I just don't know what to make of Rulk yet. He's monstrously powerful, and even intelligent, so it's difficult to say where he ranks in a throw-down with Marvel's big guns.

Rulk to me seems at the same level -- if not even stronger than -- Hulk in the Hulk vs feature film, at the time when he was seperated from Banner, and unleashed from even Loki.. in other words pretty much unbeatable by anyone, ever. I don't know if they all sat down and thought of what Hulk will be like mad, intelligent, wearing Thor's power belt and high on both crack and steriods.

I mean, wasn't it the same rulk that lifted Mjolnir? Ridiculous...

After Hush I thought Loeb couldn't go wrong.. ever. Obviously I was mistaken. He should offer a public apology for what he's done to Hulk.. but then again so should a lot of the writers today.

I've gotta say though (on a side note) I was very, very persimistic about what Hudlin would bring to BP. But after reading issue #1 that has now turned to my fav current series! lol :chew:chew

Rulk to me seems at the same level -- if not even stronger than -- Hulk in the Hulk vs feature film, at the time when he was seperated from Banner, and unleashed from even Loki.. in other words pretty much unbeatable by anyone, ever. I don't know if they all sat down and thought of what Hulk will be like mad, intelligent, wearing Thor's power belt and high on both crack and steriods.

I mean, wasn't it the same rulk that lifted Mjolnir? Ridiculous...

After Hush I thought Loeb couldn't go wrong.. ever. Obviously I was mistaken. He should offer a public apology for what he's done to Hulk.. but then again so should a lot of the writers today.

I've gotta say though (on a side note) I was very, very persimistic about what Hudlin would bring to BP. But after reading issue #1 that has now turned to my fav current series! lol :chew:chew

My God, you're right! Rulk has a LOT of potential...
THE_DARK_AVENGERS_with_RULK_by_ruga_rell.png

:devil

Well, that would be nice. They certainly do have one hell of a powerhouse in that character right now. Joeb has been a bit loopy recently. Again I'm reserving judgment on Ultimatum, but so far I'm loving it (Magneto breaking Xavier's neck and the Wasp being eaten by the Blob are a bit too shockingly delightful to ignore).

Glad to hear you're a BP fan! I recommend the Secret Invasion issues. A lot of people complain that Secret Invasion wasn't epic enough, but if you read the tie-ins it is one hell of a ride, and T'Challa's knock down, drag out brawl with a super skrull is awesome, not to mention that the Skrull invasion force arrives at Wakanda to see the heads of their sleeper agents impaled on pikes. Highly recommend it. This business now between Doom and the Panther... wow.

My God, you're right! Rulk has a LOT of potential...
THE_DARK_AVENGERS_with_RULK_by_ruga_rell.png

:devil

Well, that would be nice. They certainly do have one hell of a powerhouse in that character right now. Joeb has been a bit loopy recently. Again I'm reserving judgment on Ultimatum, but so far I'm loving it (Magneto breaking Xavier's neck and the Wasp being eaten by the Blob are a bit too shockingly delightful to ignore).

Glad to hear you're a BP fan! I recommend the Secret Invasion issues. A lot of people complain that Secret Invasion wasn't epic enough, but if you read the tie-ins it is one hell of a ride, and T'Challa's knock down, drag out brawl with a super skrull is awesome, not to mention that the Skrull invasion force arrives at Wakanda to see the heads of their sleeper agents impaled on pikes. Highly recommend it. This business now between Doom and the Panther... wow.

Oh mate I've read every single one of the BP issues, and all the tie-ins too!!! The piked heads were quite amusing, given the boast of the Skrull commander mere moments before they entered Wakandan air space :lol

That was like bad-mouthing the 7 foot tall big bully in high school only to turn around and bump straight into his belly. It was one of those "uh oh" moments and definitely one of the highlights of the Secret Invasion cross-over issues. I loved those BP tie-in issues (and pretty much the run till that) hence my tredipidation after hearing Hudlin was now the writer. Anyway it's turned out to be a great call... @ least so far. Who do you think is the new panther? Rambeau? Storm? or some bad-ass Dora Milaja we haven't heard about... on a side note I've gotta say those girls are pretty hot! :chew

Doom vs Black Panther?!? that's as epic as it gets... I can't wait to read the next issue!!! I haven't been this pumped up since Civil War :banana:banana

As for Ultimatum, well that's a joke.. the whole thing is just one big sick joke -- I think Loeb is simply getting his kicks outta killing people. Millions of humans? check, Pietro? check, Scarlet Witch? check, Jan? check, Xavier? check... it seems no one is safe. How Cap survived the flood we shall never know. It seemed then was as good a time as any for him to get killed off by JL.

I wonda what stan makes of all this. :rolleyes:

Oh mate I've read every single one of the BP issues, and all the tie-ins too!!! The piked heads were quite amusing, given the boast of the Skrull commander mere moments before they entered Wakandan air space :lol

That was like bad-mouthing the 7 foot tall big bully in high school only to turn around and bump straight into his belly. It was one of those "uh oh" moments and definitely one of the highlights of the Secret Invasion cross-over issues. I loved those BP tie-in issues (and pretty much the run till that) hence my tredipidation after hearing Hudlin was now the writer. Anyway it's turned out to be a great call... @ least so far. Who do you think is the new panther? Rambeau? Storm? or some bad-ass Dora Milaja we haven't heard about... on a side note I've gotta say those girls are pretty hot! :chew

Doom vs Black Panther?!? that's as epic as it gets... I can't wait to read the next issue!!! I haven't been this pumped up since Civil War :banana:banana

As for Ultimatum, well that's a joke.. the whole thing is just one big sick joke -- I think Loeb is simply getting his kicks outta killing people. Millions of humans? check, Pietro? check, Scarlet Witch? check, Jan? check, Xavier? check... it seems no one is safe. How Cap survived the flood we shall never know. It seemed then was as good a time as any for him to get killed off by JL.

I wonda what stan makes of all this. :rolleyes:

I think his legal troubles right now are at the forefront of his mind, unfortunately. And yes, Loeb is going to great lengths to rack up a body count. For the vast amount of death and destruction if nothing else I wouldn't dismiss it as a joke. Ultimate Magneto has always stricken me as a hybrid of the 616 Magneto and Doom. Ultimate Doom... well, we'll see if he steps back into a position of prominence in a way that reconciles how he went from metal-skinned, goat-legged mutant to a version very much like his 616 counterpart in appearance. I'm curious where they are going with it, but my focus in comics right now is on Dark Reign.

i have a theory on this..... Loeb was MR. DC for years and then all of the sudden he wants to go to Marvel? I think it's an inside job to bring down Marvel. Loebs writing didn't suck until he was writing at Marvel......

So there it is....don't keep it to yourselves....

You might be on to something. Its hard to believe that a man who wrote the pageturning HUSH storyline that had me at the shops every Wednesday without fail is putting out the RULK crap....

i know.....i can't think of what else it could be. I mean he talked so much trash to Marvel over the years that it makes you think.

Comparing The Long Halloween and Dark Victory to... Rulk... seems like it should be punishable by law.

Summary of New Avengers #50:
  • Spiderwoman tries to set-up Norman & 'his' Avengers by leading them to the ruined Hellfire Club where Ms. Marvel plans on setting off a power neutralizer.
  • Osborn somehow figures out it is a trap and has Hood and his merry band of villains stake out the Hellfire club and attack the 'good' Avengers before they can set off the neutralizer.
  • Ares doesn't seem too pleased about Osborn's trickery; the Avengers are getting their spandex hides handed to them and retreat.
  • Clint Barton (Hawkeye) goes on the news and calls Osborn out, tells the world that Osborn's Avengers are villains, and that Osborn is using the Hood to do his dirty work.

Summary of New Avengers #50:
  • Spiderwoman tries to set-up Norman & 'his' Avengers by leading them to the ruined Hellfire Club where Ms. Marvel plans on setting off a power neutralizer.
  • Osborn somehow figures out it is a trap and has Hood and his merry band of villains stake out the Hellfire club and attack the 'good' Avengers before they can set off the neutralizer.
  • Ares doesn't seem too pleased about Osborn's trickery; the Avengers are getting their spandex hides handed to them and retreat.
  • Clint Barton (Hawkeye) goes on the news and calls Osborn out, tells the world that Osborn's Avengers are villains, and that Osborn is using the Hood to do his dirty work.

Greatly disappointed in New Avengers #50. It was the definition of a bait and switch. Don't advertise that it's a double-sized issue featuring a battle royale between the Dark Avengers and the New Avengers and NOT deliver. Boo. Hiss.

Greatly disappointed in New Avengers #50. It was the definition of a bait and switch. Don't advertise that it's a double-sized issue featuring a battle royale between the Dark Avengers and the New Avengers and NOT deliver. Boo. Hiss.

:D

Remember how pumped up you were about this one. I, like you, finished [reading] that issue feeling pretty unwhelmed.

btw if Ms Marvel -- and I know she's no lightweight -- could take The Hood so easily, I've gotta say he's gone a few notches down in my rankings. I almost had him up there with Doc Strange. Not impressed... not impressed at all :rolleyes:

:D

Remember how pumped up you were about this one. I, like you, finished [reading] that issue feeling pretty unwhelmed.

btw if Ms Marvel -- and I know she's no lightweight -- could take The Hood so easily, I've gotta say he's gone a few notches down in my rankings. I almost had him up there with Doc Strange. Not impressed... not impressed at all :rolleyes:

You may change how you feel about the Hood after the upcoming Sorcerer Supreme arc. Surprising? A lot of people actually reacted really positive to this issue. Makes sense, it was an excellent issue, just hyped the wrong way.

You may change how you feel about the Hood after the upcoming Sorcerer Supreme arc. Surprising? A lot of people actually reacted really positive to this issue. Makes sense, it was an excellent issue, just hyped the wrong way.

Eh? Sorcerer Supreme!? :chew:chew:chew

Didn't hear about this arc!!! when's #1 out and how long's the run? :banana:banana:banana

March 25, New Avengers #51, "Who is the New Sorcerer Supreme?"

NEWAVN051_cvr.jpg

NEWAVN052_cov.jpg

NEWAVN053_COV.jpg

Should run about three issues into May 27. I'm excited to see what happens when the forces of the Dark Dimension "make their earthly power play."

I lost all respect for the Scarlet Witch after House of M. And now she's polluting Mighty Avengers with her reality-bending bull$h!t. Enough says I. Bring on the Hood. :rock

Saw this solicited at the Previews website...

Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia

81276_203082_3.jpg

The Dark Avengers take on the Uncanny X-Men! Kicking off the 6-part crossover event, rising star Matt Fraction (Uncanny X-Men, Invincible Iron Man) is joined by X-artist supreme Marc Silvestri (X-Men: Messiah Complex, Civil War: The Initiative One-Shot) to bring you a story that shakes the foundations of the Marvel Universe. When mutant riots break out in San Francisco, Norman Osborn declares martial law and sends the Dark Avengers in to quell the riots and take down the X-Men. And that's just the tip of the iceburg. Don't miss the first Avengers/X-Men crossover in 15 years!

Previews: Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men

Back