Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Secret Invasion Discussion (Spoilers)

I lost all respect for the Scarlet Witch after House of M. And now she's polluting Mighty Avengers with her reality-bending bull$h!t. Enough says I. Bring on the Hood. :rock

Loki... :naughty

Saw this solicited at the Previews website...

Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia

81276_203082_3.jpg

The Dark Avengers take on the Uncanny X-Men! Kicking off the 6-part crossover event, rising star Matt Fraction (Uncanny X-Men, Invincible Iron Man) is joined by X-artist supreme Marc Silvestri (X-Men: Messiah Complex, Civil War: The Initiative One-Shot) to bring you a story that shakes the foundations of the Marvel Universe. When mutant riots break out in San Francisco, Norman Osborn declares martial law and sends the Dark Avengers in to quell the riots and take down the X-Men. And that's just the tip of the iceburg. Don't miss the first Avengers/X-Men crossover in 15 years!

Previews: Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men

Haven't read Uncanny X-Men in some time. I don't think it's a title I'll start to pick up regularly, but I'll definitely be wanting to snag this run. :rock

Well X does mark the spot.

:lol Hadn't seen this cover either, but it sure does seem interesting. Can't wait to see where they're headed with it... but it seems like I may have to add another book to my list if this is good. Just dropped Mighty Avengers since the team isn't really doing it for me right now, but Secret Warriors is where it's at! :rock :rock :rock

At first, I was just keeping up with the Thunderbolts to keep up with Deadpool. I actually picked up Hawkeye and am now very interested in what happens next. Looks like I'll be going back and picking up the DA's issues

At first, I was just keeping up with the Thunderbolts to keep up with Deadpool. I actually picked up Hawkeye and am now very interested in what happens next. Looks like I'll be going back and picking up the DA's issues

Agree. Hawkeye was a pretty gripping issue... after his shinnenigans at the end of that issue, Normie will not be pleased! :horror

Same here. Bullseye's been pretty loyal to Norman in recent months, all things considered. The Hawkeye issue showed him asserting that sinister independence from the T-bolts again, but with him caught on camera we can only hope: a.)that the news team wasn't broadcasting live, and b.) that Bullseye takes out that helicopter... otherwise he's going to have to deal with Norman who already gave him a warning that was stern to say the least.

Same here. Bullseye's been pretty loyal to Norman in recent months, all things considered. The Hawkeye issue showed him asserting that sinister independence from the T-bolts again, but with him caught on camera we can only hope: a.)that the news team wasn't broadcasting live, and b.) that Bullseye takes out that helicopter... otherwise he's going to have to deal with Norman who already gave him a warning that was stern to say the least.

So Scar, what do you think? Assuming they face off -- and it almost now seems a matter of when, rather than if -- who do you think would win that confrontation? I know Bullseye's crazy and all... but I really don't think he can stand up to Osborn, plus with the Sentry showing an unprecendented level of loyalty to Norman, I quake for anyone -- except perhaps Doom -- that decides to openly confront Norman, physically..

And Bullseye isn't nearly the strategist that Osborn is, so any confrontation would most likely be physical... your thoughts?

And Bullseye isn't nearly the strategist that Osborn is, so any confrontation would most likely be physical... your thoughts?

No weapons involved, I would say Osborn would rip Bullseye to shreds considering that Osborn still has all of the superhuman abilities that he did as the Green Goblin. The only problem is with Bullseye is that he could, theoretically, pull off one of Osborn's suit buttons and turn it into a lethal bullet. lf there were any sharp or small blunt objects in the room, the fight could easily turn in Bullseye's favor.

DARK REIGN SPOILERS:

New Avengers 52: The Hood attacks Dr. Strange and overwhelms him forcing Strange to flee as he continues to seek a new Master of the Mystic Arts. It is revealed that Hood is struggling to contain the demon possessing him and Madam Masque takes off her mask to prove loyalty to him (before getting their groove on). At the end of the book, we see Hood attacking Son of Satan.

No weapons involved, I would say Osborn would rip Bullseye to shreds considering that Osborn still has all of the superhuman abilities that he did as the Green Goblin. The only problem is with Bullseye is that he could, theoretically, pull off one of Osborn's suit buttons and turn it into a lethal bullet. lf there were any sharp or small blunt objects in the room, the fight could easily turn in Bullseye's favor.

DARK REIGN SPOILERS:

New Avengers 52: The Hood attacks Dr. Strange and overwhelms him forcing Strange to flee as he continues to seek a new Master of the Mystic Arts. It is revealed that Hood is struggling to contain the demon possessing him and Madam Masque takes off her mask to prove loyalty to him (before getting their groove on). At the end of the book, we see Hood attacking Son of Satan.

Wasn't that Brother Vodoo [doing that vodoo that he do] :naughty:naughty:naughty

So Scar, what do you think? Assuming they face off -- and it almost now seems a matter of when, rather than if -- who do you think would win that confrontation? I know Bullseye's crazy and all... but I really don't think he can stand up to Osborn, plus with the Sentry showing an unprecendented level of loyalty to Norman, I quake for anyone -- except perhaps Doom -- that decides to openly confront Norman, physically..

DARK REIGN SPOILERS:

Bullseye is a tough SOB and could easily kill 99% of individuals he comes up against. However, in that 1% I would certainly place Norman Osborn. He's survived being tossed off buildings, impaled, shot at point blank range, and was practically eviscerated. As to Norman's suit, much like Doom he would undoubtedly have outfitted his suit to combat not only his worst enemies, but his closest associates. Bullseye is a man in Norman's inner circle right now carried over from the Thunderbolts to the Dark Avengers. He knows some of the most foul-smelling skeletons in Norman's closet which could easily dethrone him from his lofty position of power. Odds are, Bullseye being an infamous deranged sociopath, Norman has plans A-ZZZ to deal with him in the event that he should aspire past his position of subservience. This is the same guy Norman used to keep in Thunderbolts Mountain shackled to a wall by his hands and knees so that he had about three inches of wiggle room in any direction all day every day... save for T-bolts missions. If Norman lets Bullseye off the leash, it's only because he knows that if Bullseye bites him, he can bite back even harder. Nanites aside, one on one Norman would rip Bullseye in half. If Bullseye had something to use as a weapon, I'd say he could do a lot of damage and possibly kill Norman, but he would have to act EXTREMELY quickly. He's the world's best assassin, but Norman is a superhuman with reflexes heightened far and away past those of a normal human. Bullseye could catch Norman by surprise, but other than that I think it would be really hard for him to come out on top. Bullseye is an awesome character, though. Against most individuals I would give him a significant edge. Throwing the Sentry into the works here, a being who stopped the Punisher's bullet from striking Norman down, only stacks the odds higher against Bullseye. Then again, I don't think we need to see Norman and Bullseye as opposing forces. Both parties have great things going for them and they're in a mutualistic relationship; it's to both of their advantages to keep the game going for as long as they can. Life at the top is nice, they'll want to keep it that way. :banana

Last edited:

Wasn't that Brother Vodoo

No, I just went and double checked. It is Son of Satan: he calls himself that and he is on the phone begging Patsy Walker to come home just before Hood jumps in and starts filling him with bullets.

Spoiler Alert:

Mighty Avengers 24:
  • The Cabal have a psychic meeting and one of the members (we don't know who) says that people are saying that the "Real" Avengers are out saving the world and Osborn flips out and his psyche reverts to the Green Goblin. The other Cabal members are stunned and Osborn calls an end to the meeting.
  • Loki reveals that he/she is pretending to be Scarlet Witch simply to create chaos around to world to put chinks in Osborn's plans (and it appears to be working)
  • The Young Avengers do not trust Scarlet Witch, but the "Mighty" Avengers ease their fears
  • The storyline is really choppy and if Marvel doesn't get a better writer I will probably drop this series

If Bullseye had something to use as a weapon, I'd say he could do a lot of damage and possibly kill Norman, but he would have to act EXTREMELY quickly. He's the world's best assassin...

If it is a head's up fight, and Osborn doesn't have his suit, and Bullseye gets a weapon I would think Osborn is done unless he has some major tricks up his sleeve; c'mon, Bullseye has killed people with a toothpick at 100 yards and spit his broken tooth through a guys skull.

Last edited:

If it is a head's up fight, and Osborn doesn't have his suit, and Bullseye gets a weapon I would think Osborn is done unless he has some major tricks up his sleeve; c'mon, Bullseye has killed people with a toothpick at 100 yards and spit his broken tooth through a guys skull.

That's the idea, it would have to be by surprise and from a fair distance. Even hurling a toothpick, Norman might be able to turn and dodge. Norman managed to hold his own devoid of any suit, Green Goblin or Iron Patriot, against Menace who nearly beat Spider-man to death with her bare hands. Then again Bullseye managed to lodge a Spider-tracer in Spider-man by hurling it back at him... though that was in a room clouded with riot gas. It's a tough call. Bullseye could use practically anything as a weapon, even if he were to pull an Ultimate Hawkeye, pry out his fingernails and hurl them into people. Though I think if there's no element of surprise it would be difficult for Bullseye to gain the upper hand, one on one. Difficult but not impossible. Bullseye is driven by impulse, whereas Norman is a balance of the chaotic psyche that still plans everything ten steps ahead and then ten steps beyond that. It would be one hell of an awesome fight. I'm a huge fan of both characters. Frankly I'm thrilled that they're working together right now. :rock

Have you guys read Dark Avengers #4? Boy is Venom gonna get it!:horror:horror

I thought it mildly amusing the way he kept pleading with Bullseye, but I really don't think Bullesye was kidding... I don't think so at all. :monkey3

And what's with the whole flirtatious act that Moonstone [Ms Marvel] is putting up?

I liked this issue... a lot. One of my best Marvel reads since Civil War #1.

Scar - what's the deal with the final scene... why did Norman break a sweat?

No, I just went and double checked. It is Son of Satan: he calls himself that and he is on the phone begging Patsy Walker to come home just before Hood jumps in and starts filling him with bullets.

Spoiler Alert:

Mighty Avengers 24:
  • The Cabal have a psychic meeting and one of the members (we don't know who) says that people are saying that the "Real" Avengers are out saving the world and Osborn flips out and his psyche reverts to the Green Goblin. The other Cabal members are stunned and Osborn calls an end to the meeting.
  • Loki reveals that he/she is pretending to be Scarlet Witch simply to create chaos around to world to put chinks in Osborn's plans (and it appears to be working)
  • The Young Avengers do not trust Scarlet Witch, but the "Mighty" Avengers ease their fears
  • The storyline is really choppy and if Marvel doesn't get a better writer I will probably drop this series

:lecture :lecture

+1. The storyline's :monkey4

No interested... this is the first MightyAvengers issue I've read in a few months... I see nothing's changed :banghead:banghead

Have you guys read Dark Avengers #4? Boy is Venom gonna get it!

I thought it mildly amusing the way he kept pleading with Bullseye, but I really don't think Bullesye was kidding... I don't think so at all.

And what's with the whole flirtatious act that Moonstone [Ms Marvel] is putting up?

I liked this issue... a lot. One of my best Marvel reads since Civil War #1.

Scar - what's the deal with the final scene... why did Norman break a sweat?

I loved this issue and I agree completely that Bullseye was serious on his threat. A great part of the issue is when Mogan Le Fay was lecturing Osborn about trying to befriend Doom and when did Doom get a cosmic cube? I think Osborn was sweating because Sentry looks pissed and, as Bullseye said, who can stop him?

If you haven't read the newest Thunderbolts, you should pick that up as well. Great story, but I was a bit shocked when Osborn flipped out and overtook Deadpool! I really enjoy how they are setting up Osborn's fall with all of teases of just how hard he is trying to hold his insanity under control, but everytime pressure kicked in, he goes crazy.

I loved this issue and I agree completely that Bullseye was serious on his threat. A great part of the issue is when Mogan Le Fay was lecturing Osborn about trying to befriend Doom and when did Doom get a cosmic cube? I think Osborn was sweating because Sentry looks pissed and, as Bullseye said, who can stop him?

If you haven't read the newest Thunderbolts, you should pick that up as well. Great story, but I was a bit shocked when Osborn flipped out and overtook Deadpool! I really enjoy how they are setting up Osborn's fall with all of teases of just how hard he is trying to hold his insanity under control, but everytime pressure kicked in, he goes crazy.

Thanks Kibishii! Was that a cosmic cube!? :horror:horror Wasn't that meant to be with Zemo or something.. wasn't there meant to be just teh one :monkey3

Morgana Le Fey given lectures to Doom... and Doom/Osborn in cahoots? I guess while like the old saying goes: while the thunder lasted, two bad men were friends... contray to what Le Fay said though, I dont think Doom is proactively trying to undermine/betray Osborne -- you said it yourself, as did Doom and Namor in the orginal cabal meeting, and Maria Hill [to Osborn's face] -- Osborn will self-destruct, it's only a matter of when, not if.

I'm quite surprised Bullseye is now this force to be reckoned with all of a sudden... I mean Venom pleading with Bullseye? Back in the day, that'll never have been the case.

Any thoughts on Moonstone's flirting? never knew she had the hots for Marvel boy... and Ares, was that just morbid curiousity or is he really into Ms Marvel [who wouldn't be, she's hot!! :D]

I've got to pick up that Thunderbolts issue you mentioned... what's the issue number please? :monkey3

Last edited:
Back