Mars Toys 1989 Michael Keaton Bruce Wayne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000006710.jpg

1000006711.jpg

1000006712.jpg

I am most satisfied with how this looks to have turned out.

The subtle blush of his cheeks, and even the hands have natural colouration. Tailoring and materials also looks fab.

If this is the result of Mars Toys taking their/his time, delay away- although I’m pretty tired of waiting for Gus Fring (scheduled to release Q3 2022!!)

Bold of Mars to slap huge BATMAN text on the packaging as well, but I guess it’s too late for WB to come after the figure now.

Wow, that looks surprisingly good. Is it just me or does he somehow look even better with his glasses?

Didn’t order it, but between this Keaton and their Romero Joker, I’d say taking their time is a very good thing. Great sign of things to come for the Mob Nicholson Joker.

I would say it’s not 100% perfect in the sculpt but it really gets Keaton vibes. Still 10 times better than the 1st HT attempt on Bruce Wayne.
You’re right DiFabio, the sculpt works better with the glasses IMO.
It was a day 1 preorder for me and I’m really happy how it turned.
Love the box and the stand.
It will looks awesome next to the DX09!

I would say it’s not 100% perfect in the sculpt but it really gets Keaton vibes. Still 10 times better than the 1st HT attempt on Bruce Wayne.
You’re right DiFabio, the sculpt works better with the glasses IMO.
It was a day 1 preorder for me and I’m really happy how it turned.
Love the box and the stand.
It will looks awesome next to the DX09!
I second the 1st HT attempt remark.
It hasn't held up over the years.

paint could be better, but i'll get it sent off to the prototype painter to get it touched up so should be no issues

pleasantly surprised by the tailoring the most, even if its inaccurate to a degree

if there's a pet peeve i have with 1/6 3rd party companies, its providing glass frames without the lenses

I might be in the minority, but I actually prefer them without the lenses. At that scale, the plastic used for lenses is always too thick, and obscures the eyes.
yeah no i can see that. im just looking at like different takes of companies attempting it. six lane and yan toys had the whole plastic glasses (though they were very oversized on their end, the lenses and the frame itself could be a lot smaller)

its probably very doable but i get it obscuring the eyes, it can sort of hide imperfections but the only real alternative is maybe going through like full metal jon and having the glasses down with real glass but that's gonna be a very pricey venture

Back