Mars Toys 1989 Michael Keaton Bruce Wayne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is probably seen as a very low priority figure. It’s not particularly exciting, isn’t dependent on capitalising on any current hype (Keaton Batman is evergreen,) and it’s highly unlikely to drum up a great deal of community chatter or good will towards Mars in the way Romero Joker did.

Even if it isn't a high priority they really don't have a ton of stuff up for pre-order do they? I know besides Keaton Bruce Wayne they have Mobster Meeting Jack Joker without the make-up, Batman Forever Riddler, 1966 Riddler, 1989 Alfred and one or two Breaking Bad figures?

Gene Wonka too.
Still, I'm guessing Mars isn't a huge company meaning not a large group of folks on hand to work.
How many 66 Jokers were made?

Even if it isn't a high priority they really don't have a ton of stuff up for pre-order do they? I know besides Keaton Bruce Wayne they have Mobster Meeting Jack Joker without the make-up, Batman Forever Riddler, 1966 Riddler, 1989 Alfred and one or two Breaking Bad figures?
Their list is kind of adding up now. There’s Gus Fring, Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa, Biff Tannen, Bruce Wayne, Mobster Jack Napier (Joker), Riddler (66), Alfred (89), Riddler (95), Dr. Fate, Penguin (two versions from the Reeves film). Plus there’s the 66 Joker surfboard accessory. Not sure if I’m missing anything.

Their list is kind of adding up now. There’s Gus Fring, Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompa, Biff Tannen, Bruce Wayne, Mobster Jack Napier (Joker), Riddler (66), Alfred (89), Riddler (95), Dr. Fate, Penguin (two versions from the Reeves film). Plus there’s the 66 Joker surfboard accessory. Not sure if I’m missing anything.
Here's what I could find that they're overdue on already:

Jordan Belford - due March, 2023 - 7 Months Overdue
Gus Fring - due Q2 2022 - 4 Months Overdue
Penguin from The Batman 2022 - due Q4 2022 - 10 Months Overdue
Riddler from 1995 Batman - due Q3 2023 - 1 Month Overdue
Joker Surfboard Diorama - due Q1 2023 - 6+ Months Overdue

There are also a good number of figures due up soon:
Dr Fate from Black Adam - due Q3-Q4 2023
Willie Wonka - due Q4 2023 - Q1 2024
Riddler from 1966 Batman - Due Q4 2023 - Q1 2024
1989 Alfred - Due Q1 2024
Biff from Back to the Future - due Q1-Q2 2024 (even thought it just went up for preorder).

And they're still taking pre-orders on every one of them. That is, unless you want the Biff body from Back to the Future, then they require the FULL amount.

Plus, the Dynamic Duo second run that they're doing as Saturn.

There are others, but this was all I could find on Kit's site. For some reason, the products drop off once they're sold out, which is a bit of a nuisance when you have one on order and want to go back and see the details.

I like that these figures are available for sale, but I don't like how they're going about it. When they take your money and miss delivery windows without any sort of update at all, it's concerning. They seem to be more intent on boxing out competition and less so on delivering.

I get that they want to take their time so they don't deliver crap, but damn, at some time, you've got to deliver something. And if it's just a long wait for a mediocre figure, I suspect that will be the beginning of the end for them.

Of the figures BigWayne listed I have 7 on preorder. If I have to wait a bit for figures to come out as good as their 66 Joker did I'm happy to do it. Has Mars Toys perhaps PO'd a bit much given their rate of delivery? Probably. Still Hot Toys does the same and are fairly consistently late, in fact I'm always surprised when they're on time. Now of course HT has a proven track record of delivering and Mars is relatively new but I'm still not that concerned. I just selfishly want 66' Batman figures.

I have the 66 Riddler and 89 Alfred on pre-order from Mars at the moment. Debating on getting the 95 Riddler and the Biff.

I wish this Bruce Wayne was a bit more interesting. Just not that unique of a look. The sculpt does look good though. If they did the version with the rain jacket when he goes to Crime Alley or the turtleneck and jeans Batcave look I’d bite.

Here's what I could find that they're overdue on already:

Jordan Belford - due March, 2023 - 7 Months Overdue
Gus Fring - due Q2 2022 - 4 Months Overdue
Penguin from The Batman 2022 - due Q4 2022 - 10 Months Overdue
Riddler from 1995 Batman - due Q3 2023 - 1 Month Overdue
Joker Surfboard Diorama - due Q1 2023 - 6+ Months Overdue.
Jordon Belfort has already been released as Toy Anxiety has already broken him down at least twice if not more.

You got most of the rest though, but missed Black Manta from Aquaman 1 and Hugh Glass from The Revenant which I think are the most overdue at this point, even more than the others

Last edited:
1704277866950.jpeg

Looks like he's FINALLY coming.

I'm confused by that post combined with that picture. I get and appreciate that they are not willing to release a sub par figure. However are we saying with the arrow to the bin that one is one of the versions that was rejected hence the delay?

For context:

Kit -

"Since there are lots of figure delayed, there are lots of angers toward Mars lately
Mars ask me to explain the situation, which he has done before
There are quite a lot of minor issues when it comes to production, time is needed to correct/fixing error when things happen
He could just throw out the product that he doesn’t happy with. Some minor issues most people won’t notice. He could also learn from other brand that muting people or just ban people who complaint
But he choose to take the blame for delay and focus on his own work
Creating new project doesn’t affect production, it’s not 1+1 = 2
So please relax people, Mars do get the frustration of waiting
Below message from me:
Stop the ********, this is crap james bond, Mars toy sucks"

Creating new project doesn’t affect production, it’s not 1+1 = 2

Weren’t their Black Manta and The Batman Penguin figures up for preorder well before their Keaton Bruce or Mob Meeting Nicholson? And now it seems like the latter two are being fast tracked without a peep of the former.

89 Bruce and Nicholson Joker seem to be big sellers for Mars so I’m sure that’s why they’re such a high priority, but still.

Last edited:
I think the batman stuff and Wonka from what I know are best sellers. I know mars has also had to change factories over the past year or so that's another factor for delays as they wanted to up quality.

Kit also posted a picture saying coming soon so my guess is will be shipping soon.

According to Kit, Mars Toys is just one guy overseeing everything. Not a massive crew. One guy who Kit has to check in on every week.
Thaaaaaat explains so much.

I'm trusting Mars only because I trust Kit. Kit seems to have some invested interest in the success of Mars. I just hope this doesn't go the route of EXO and Nanjin. That all started with fuzzy, cozy feelings and turned to animosity rather quickly. At least with EXO, figures are being released. The high of Joker can only last so long.

Back