Mars Toys 1989 Michael Keaton Bruce Wayne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t wait to replicate this with the Mars Bruce and HT DX09

IMG_2431.jpeg

Its far from perfection, the hair, lips and chin are not acurate, here is an example.

View attachment 651347
ka kim does god level work

comparing the prototype to the production, im kinda curious what has changed in terms of the likeness since i know why were going through revisions. i might still try and commission to get mine repainted, but aside from the hair detail getting lost and the face shape potentially b eing slimmed down, its quite hard to tell. they did pretty well for keaton, who it hink is a bit of a hard likeness to get right.

just hope the tailoring turns out fine like their first batch joker

1690097495430.png

Wonder if it was more a case of the first production figures having issues and not being close to the original prototype than them deciding to redo the sculpt from scratch?

Where do people pick up Mars stuff after release. I think I slept on this one too long.

Where do people pick up Mars stuff after release. I think I slept on this one too long.
OSK sometimes has extra allotments whether its cancelations, just gotta keep tabs on the group

afaik, i think mars is no longer doing second batches after the backlash on batch 2 joker

Maybe it's just me, but I see more of a resemblance to Wuhl's Alexander Knox than I do Keaton.

Knox_photo.jpg

Wonder if it was more a case of the first production figures having issues and not being close to the original prototype than them deciding to redo the sculpt from scratch?
Yes that was it. There wasn’t any sculpt revisions, they just weren’t happy with the the initial batch(es) of production pieces; so, it was delayed until they could get it closer to the prototype

I'm guessing Q1 2024.
A good YEAR after the initial release date.

I really can’t believe this is taking that long. It’s such a basic figure. I didn’t order this one but I imagine the Alfred I ordered is also going to take forever.

I really can’t believe this is taking that long. It’s such a basic figure. I didn’t order this one but I imagine the Alfred I ordered is also going to take forever.
This is probably seen as a very low priority figure. It’s not particularly exciting, isn’t dependent on capitalising on any current hype (Keaton Batman is evergreen,) and it’s highly unlikely to drum up a great deal of community chatter or good will towards Mars in the way Romero Joker did.

That's probably it.
My guess is we'll see Mob Joker or 95 Riddler first.

Even if it is lower priority it shouldn’t take that long. It’s a figure in a tuxedo. The hardest part about it is the sculpt. Should have been less than a year if you ask me. Not that I want a rush job but it’s not a complicated release.

Back