Mars Toys 1/6 Batman Returns Penguin (Danny DeVito)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aragen

Super Freak
Reaction score
YES

Penguin.PNG

“Includes Duck Boat and Penguin Army”

How?
If they hadn't already shown that they are a company that can reliably put out a good product (Romero Joker), I would laugh them off as being the second coming of Molecule 8. But. . .who knows? Penguin boat is large, but wouldn't need to be very sophisticated. Could just be a plastic statue.

WeatheredDuck.jpg

And he could come with one penguin, and others could be sold individually like the Oompa Loompas.

Penguin AND Cara Dune at the same time. Mars knows how to make the most of reused parts.

LETS

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Happy Season 9 GIF by The Office

If they pull this off to the quality of their '66 Joker..... plus make the Duck Boat and Penguin soldiers..... then I am willing to lay down some crazy stupid money - this and Returns Catwoman are the most wish-listed figures in 1/6

Looks good for a “feral” variant but I hope we get a more refined monocle-wearing head as well.

I know he did not wear one much in the movie, but I love that image on the poster with the monocle and cigarette holder.
Agreed. BR is one of my all-time favourite movies, but I'd only go for the full "Mayoral" outfit.

Over-ambitious Mars is going crazy with possibilities. I love it, but also getting nervous. Teases have replaced POs like 10-to-1.

So far, it's just been '66 Joker that has people shouting more-more-more suddenly!!! Their Parade Joker (Nicholson) was solid but not amazing. I'm guessing Romero's simplicity added to its success along with the great sculpts.

I really need to see Mars' follow-up to Romero to feel confident about consistency.

1966 Batman line will likely be their best -- outfits are simple and meant to be cartoony.

More complex outfits, like Penguin's mayoral costume, will likely be more challenging. And I'm really curious how well they will do at female figures -- Catwoman (Pfeiffer and Newmar) and Batgirl.

I'm excited but trying to manage my expectations...

I’d only want the the Duckmobile if I had a Batskiboat to chop its head off.

WTF was up with that anyway. So Penguin had commissioned The Red Triangle Circus Gang to make a motorized vehicle out of a duckie ride cart?? That gang was genius, from the Duckmobile to rigging the Batmobile, they could do it all.

They knew when the jig was up too, and scattered quickly into the shadows.

What's up with Gotham City, why so many closed down factories and theme parks? Axis Chemicals, an entire Zoo, that island Riddler made his secret base on... lots of real estate going to waste in Gotham.

You forgot the Turkish Baths had also been closed down and left to rot till Ivy redecorated it. That was when Gotham really hit the skids. The bicentennial parade was going to turn the city around but Joker ruined it for everyone.

So far, it's just been '66 Joker that has people shouting more-more-more suddenly!!! Their Parade Joker (Nicholson) was solid but not amazing. I'm guessing Romero's simplicity added to its success along with the great sculpts.

In all fairness, their DX08 KO was done at a different factory (that over promised and took their money apparently) than the one that produced the ‘66 Joker which is why you see a difference in quality between it and Romero Joker.

But, with that said, I agree with you. We need another figure or two to really see if ‘66 Joker was a one time thing or if each new figure will be at least the same quality if not better.

Back