Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Well either way there's gonna be a competition this year between the "big two" popular ones

Man of Steel seems sure to be one of them, I just don't think IM3 will be the other :wink1:

What are you talking about? Iron Man 3 seems pretty popular to me.

My hope is MOS will be THE summer film- both critically and box office......usually there is one big surprise hit...I know MOS not coming out of nowhere but after all the IM hype is over...

Each year people generally go along with the big blockbuster ones long before they release, Man of Steel is expected to be one of those big blockbuster ones so it already has a built-in big money box office.

I think Wolverine will be the surprise of the summer CBM's. Everyone is expecting the worse but from the trailers it looks like it'll exceed expectations and achieve the same level of appreciation that XFC did.

I liked Beethoven before he was deaf.

Hipster :lol

What are you talking about? Iron Man 3 seems pretty popular to me.

It seems very devisive, it's a love/hate one from what i can tell, at least on here.

So i just don't think there'll be a "Man of Steel vs Iron Man 3 which is better thread" that's jsut the impression i've got from it's reviews.

It seems very devisive, it's a love/hate one from what i can tell, at least on here.

So i just don't think there'll be a "Man of Steel vs Iron Man 3 which is better thread"

No kidding, but what superhero flick isn't these days? You can't please everyone.

Look at TDKR. I personally didn't like it and it was/is divisive but you'd have to be an idiot to say it wasn't popular and talked about. It was also put up against the Avengers, even to this day (Bane vs. Loki threads, :lol).

I think the money makers of this summer will be:

MoS
IM3
PR
FF6
After Earth (Will Smith is a pretty big draw worldwide)

After Earth has such talent behind it, just such a bleh director.

There are very few actors who i'll watch in more than one movie where it's pretty much just them with no supporting characters. Will Smith (& his son) isn't one of them.

Good actor but more characters are needed for his movies imo.

There are very few actors who i'll watch in more than one movie where it's pretty much just them with no supporting characters. Will Smith (& his son) isn't one of them.

Good actor but more characters are needed for his movies imo.

Not talking about the actors. I'm talking about the talent they lined up creating this. Book of Eli scribe to write it and then Peter David and some other comic writers to develop the concept and history. Was really hyped up until I found out who the director was going to be. :monkey2
Its like commisioning a cake for a birthday party at McDonalds playplace.

The fact is Daft Punk is better then John Williams and Hans.

Mozart greater than Beethoven? Wow.

Predictably, the Nolanverse Wars have spread to classical music discussions!

Beethoven Begins

Mozart of Steel

hidden_switch.jpg

And the second Hobbit, i'd say they'd do better than FF6 & After Earth financially

I left the Hobbit off the list cause I was only doing summer movies. I though it wasn't scheduled to release until December. Hobbit may beat IM and MoS. Will Smith is a huge draw overseas. His worst films have still broken the $350M mark. Usually on the Internet strength of his name alone. I did forget Star Trek. I think it finishes 4th on this summer money list.

His cape is what gives him his powers, that'll be the twist.

Back