Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Any composer that can repeatedly invent melody is better than a composer who invents harmony.

Mozart >>>>> Beethoven. Williams >>>>> Zimmer

I like them both, and Zimmer has produced a few good melodies (Pirates of the Carribean, Gladiator), but it is not his forte, whereas Williams is a master. Zimmer can drone chords 'til the cows come home and make it sound awesome, but Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Superman? Above his paygrade.

Also, The Beatles are the greatest band ever. It's not a matter of taste. It's science.
Well said sir! :lol

As far as The Beatles go, I really like early Beatles, but I've never really gotten into the Revolution/Helter Skelter eras. I think I like more music from the Stones on the whole.

Side note, I went to see Iron Man 3 last night in 3D XD. After the Man of Steel trailer was over, I was the dude who started clapping, and others followed suit.:yess: Teh Man of Steel hijacked teh movie from Teh Man of Iron!

Hmm...hopefully not true. Something like that seems like it does more to enhance Zod's character than Superman's. I don't know but why change it just to change it. Definitely bigger than getting rid of his red underwear.

You think they will use the 'kneel before Zod' line?

I'm still pumped, but I'd be lying if I said that this didn't make me a little bit nervous. Possible spoiler if it's true, I take everything with a grain of salt, though.

https://io9.com/the-man-of-steel-rumor-that-would-change-superman-for-t-487577190

Hmmmmm, while its not the end of the world (no pun intended), I can't help but think why they couldn't just leave the origin alone. I'll remain optimistic, this hasn't even been confirmed as true.

Although, I have just re-read the Man of Steel feature in this month's Empire magazine, and a particular line stood out to me which contradicts the fear raised in that article;

"All trace of Brando's camp has been jettisoned for Man of Steel's Krypton sequences, but they still provide an extended flashback covering the demise of the ancient planet, Kal-El's Moses-like escape to Earth, and, presumably, clues to the prominence of General Zod."

My hope is MOS will be THE summer film- both critically and box office......usually there is one big surprise hit...I know MOS not coming out of nowhere but after all the IM hype is over...

Back