Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Well...TDK started the trend of people standing in front of things....so, I don't know.

A couple of the Superman Returns posters were great.
Particularly fond of the watching earth from space one, also some of the Watchmen posters were great.

This is not, however I loved the movie.

Regarding the Williams/Zimmer debate. I've loved Zimmer since Black Rain. But to compare him to Williams? Void are you out of your friggin mind? :lol

I love his Bat scores too, but... Jaws, E.T, Indiana, Star Wars, Schindlers List, Born on 4th July, Superman!!???

Batman Begins started the awesome movie trend sir and the trend ended with TDKR. All films before were people trying and failing to make awesome movies and all subsequent films are pathetic attempts at trying to replicate the undiluted, godlike awesomeness of the Nolan Bat trilogy. May His name be praised.

No one's talking about the movie. We're talking about the poster. TDK started the trend of people standing in front of **** that is so heavily used today.

Whilst I agree that modern movie posters often pale in comparison to some of the posters we saw throughout the 40's up until the 90's, I disagree that the last great posters were those released for The Dark Knight in 2008.

I can't figure out how to directly include pictures in my post because I'm on my iPad, but I know that I really liked the posters for Toy Story 3, Argo, Buried, Drive, Django Unchained, Moon, District 9, to name a few that I can remember.

To kal'el I say this. Turn yourself in within 24 hours or this world will suffer the consequences...

I'm up for "Man of Steel" quotes just as much as the next guy, but I'm struggling to understand why this was a response to my post lol

Lol i randomly quoted u, just trying to get thread focus in the right direction. Enough petty arguments about composers or posters we got a movie coming soon

Batman Begins started the awesome movie trend sir and the trend ended with TDKR. All films before were people trying and failing to make awesome movies and all subsequent films are pathetic attempts at trying to replicate the undiluted, godlike awesomeness of the Nolan Bat trilogy. May His name be praised.

:lol :lol :clap

:lol

Excellent post. Void is that you?
:rotfl

introthevoid and brucecamblzchin are my sock accounts. Seriously.

I want a John Williams PF. :lecture

Not to mention a 1:1 scale fully functional, conductor's baton replica.

My personal favourites Williams, Goldmith, Silvestri and (despite his repeated self plagiarism) Horner with Williams just tipping the post by a short nose.

I have been a fan of Jerry Goldsmith since The Day The Earth Stood Still (the real version not the offensively dull, criminally boring, crap, pretend version).

How about this for a superb piece of music, composed specially for the JUDGE DREDD trailer...56 seconds of pure magic.

[ame]https://youtu.be/h6quvojO664[/ame]

Any composer that can repeatedly invent melody is better than a composer who invents harmony.

Mozart >>>>> Beethoven. Williams >>>>> Zimmer

I like them both, and Zimmer has produced a few good melodies (Pirates of the Carribean, Gladiator), but it is not his forte, whereas Williams is a master. Zimmer can drone chords 'til the cows come home and make it sound awesome, but Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Superman? Above his paygrade.

Also, The Beatles are the greatest band ever. It's not a matter of taste. It's science.

Back