Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

I want Snyder and Nolan to make me think Superman is a cool superhero, if they do that, I'll be a happy camper.

I wonder how shocked you'd be Void if you found out his involvement was minimal, even with the script.

From what I've heard, even the Batman movies were mostly his brother and Goyer, especially involving characterization and characters.

dis%20gon%20be%20good.gif

Yeah, never been a big Supes fan, but having Snyder and Nolan on this makes me excited.

Supermans biggest problem imo is he's too powerful and his villains therefore need to be more powerful or end up lame.

It's no surprise they're doing Zod again and he doesn't have much of a rogues gallery.

Me personally? I need to see Luthor up to his real estate shenanigans again. Punching big dudes in the face and flying around with laser beams is boring.

If there's no Luthor and real estate shenanigans, do not want.

Supermans biggest problem imo is he's too powerful and his villains therefore need to be more powerful or end up lame.

It's no surprise they're doing Zod again and he doesn't have much of a rogues gallery.

I agree there, but I think his rogue's gallery should be enough to sustain a trilogy if tackled well.

Lex has to be done. And not a property tycoon version. The interesting thing about Lex is that the battle with him is pretty much an ideological one rather than anything physical. Kind of like Batman and Joker, but rarely explored as effectively.

Brainiac could be a good one.

Then there's Doomsday. A heck of a lot could be done with a Death of Superman arc, if WB get their act together on JL and things

I want less of the real estate shenanigans and more big boi battles this time out. I want lots of eye lasers blowing **** up.

Watching 300 lastnight I lol when I saw Leonidas wearing a big red billowing cape. :lol

It did last 10 years. It wasn't great but it wasn't as bad ad Superboy or Lois and Clark cheese!

Lol you ever try to watch Superboy or Lois and clark . Omg talk about complete trash! I am surprised either of those shows lasted longer then 1 year. I watched about 15 minutes of a single episode and was in shock at how bad they were. So ya as superman fans the only reason smallville was acceptable to watch because its sadly the best TV show about the character to date. That doesn't mean it was good it just based on comparison to what we had before it was perceived/received to be better then it was.

Dude... no. If you watched smaville you desperately needed a hobby or should have spent that time doing something productive. It was braindead programming like watching marathons of man vs food.

I know alot of people hate on smallville, and being one its biggest fans, i understand it, i mean it had its faults, it made plenty of mistakes, but watching it over 10 years and seeing the characters grow was somthing i think was special, and seeing there take on characters like Zod, Braniac, Bizarro and Doomsday, It was far from perfect, and it wasnt the blockbuster movie everyone wanted but it showed us somthing different, like this movie will hopefully do.

But on a Man of Steel note! anyone check out these covers for the kids books, they look awesome! Let the Marketing Campagn begin!!!

manofsteelbooks.jpg

Last edited:

I know alot of people hate on smallville, and being one its biggest fans, i understand it, i mean it had its faults, it made plenty of mistakes, but watching it over 10 years and seeing the characters grow was somthing i think was special, and seeing there take on characters like Zod, Bizarro and Doomsday, It was far from perfect, and it wasnt the blockbuster movie everyone wanted but it showed us somthing different, like this movie will hopefully do.

I'm right there with you. I enjoyed every minute of all 10 seasons, from beginning to end. It had its ups and downs, but it was such an enjoyable 'ride' for me. I've rewatched episodes so many times and they're still just as good as I remembered.

Rosenbaum's portrayal as Lex will never be topped, IMO. He was THE embodiment of a Luthor. A phenomenal performance for 7+ seasons. And as you said, the show brought forth such a unique take on Zod, Bizzaro, Doomsday and especially Brainiac. All around, it was a great cast with lots of chemistry on-screen.

It's dumb to deny Nolan's involvement. Just as dumb as it is to overplay it. Again, even I spent more time on that set than he did. :lol

I spent a lot of time on set aswell. I actually helped Cavill prepare for the role, physically and mentally.

Back