Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

Spartacus does belong, but Big Bang Theory certainly doesn't.

My favorite shows on right now are Spartacus, Boardwalk Empire, Arrow and (the greatest television show ever created) Game of Thrones.

Actually my favorite show in recent memory was the rebooted Galactica, but I had to throw a Quarth reference out to Lar'ja Thwei.

Deadwood is probably one of my favorites. I also enjoy Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Arrow, Boardwalk Empire, The Shield, and Cartoons. Shows that I want to watch but haven't gotten around to yet are The Sopranos, The Wire, and Game of Thrones.

Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
The Walking Dead
Shameless
Boardwalk Empire

The Following has been alright.

Deadwood is probably one of my favorites. I also enjoy Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Supernatural, Arrow, Boardwalk Empire, The Shield, and Cartoons. Shows that I want to watch but haven't gotten around to yet are The Sopranos, The Wire, and Game of Thrones.

If you liked Deadwood, you ought to try Justified.

SnakeDoc

How did I not mention Justified? :horror I think it's because, at the moment, I have no way of watching it proper-like, so I've blocked it out of my mind (any posts on this forum are courtesy of my iPhone). But, yeah; definitely; US Marshal Raylan Givens and co. Make for some great television. On that note, I'm also a big fan of Sons of Anarchy and Louie. I knew there was a channel that I was forgetting.:lol

6ghdy.gif

I wonder how shocked you'd be Void if you found out his involvement was minimal, even with the script.

From what I've heard, even the Batman movies were mostly his brother and Goyer, especially involving characterization and characters.

Time on set isn't required to establish his involvement when the premise of the script has his fingerprints all over it. :wave :lol

Not as much as you'd think. At least not the first draft of the shooting script. And as such a big Nolan fan you'd better hope his fingerprints weren't all over that one. Trust me. :lol I'm blaming his boy Goyer, though. The original script was pants, pure and simple. But it's also what got Nolan excited about the project and attach his name to it in the first place, so who knows. There were extensive re-writes that went on just before and during filming that neither Goyer nor Nolan had anything to do with (his brother had a hand in it, though).

I wonder how shocked you'd be Void if you found out his involvement was minimal, even with the script.

From what I've heard, even the Batman movies were mostly his brother and Goyer, especially involving characterization and characters.

I don't think his involvement with the story is much beyond.. 'what if we grounded the story by really focusing on the fact that this guy is the first alien humanity has come in contact with, and that brings an element of fear of the unknown'... etc. Just making that up. But something like that can be claimed by people to be 'minimal' involvement, but the impact of that involvement is felt throughout the film. It would be a completely different film if it had a different premise.

With respect to Batman, again, from what i've heard and read his involvement has been in establishing the major premise(es?), and then leaving his brother and Goyer to flesh things out or to figure out what characters can be used to explore certain themes or ideas he wants to explore.

Yeah, I agree.

Seems like as the movie gets closer there are these groups of fans that are just getting ready to jump on each other when it comes to Snyder, Nolan and the gang. Whether it's minimal involvement, who did what, who takes the responsibility if it's good or bad, etc. etc.

Personally, I just want to see a cool Superman movie, see something exciting involving Superman on the big screen again. Not who did what, this or that or the other thing. Nolan's involved? Great. Snyder is directing, great. I don't care about politics, I just want to see a good Superman film.

Back