MAFEX The Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope those aren't the best handgun & shotgun shooting poses he's capable of....because they're a bit ***t if so. It would suggest they aren't providing sufficient handsculpts that can hold those guns properly. Same goes for the teargas launcher - that handles of each weapon need a specific palm shape. Angling the elbows and wrist joints like they have in the pic does not cut it, looks silly.

Ordered one from BBTS. There's a full array of pics on there.

The minigun scene looks to be the best option available.

Glad to see fist hands & relaxed hands which NECA don't provide with their T-800s but it really does appear that they come instead of a full range of palms for correctly holding each of these guns with their different handles. The pictures show really awkward posing with the handgun, shotgun and M79.

Likeness is alright - I don't expect much at this size.

No idea why it took this long. Every self-respecting T2 fan remembers that scene. Hopefully all other companies who tackle T2 in the future will follow suit.

I’ve pre-ordered all of them so far. I hope we at least get the Endo they teased a while back too.

What I like about Mafex is the diversity. Same characters yes, but the right looks.

They're making all of the Seven from The Boys. Every few months they'll drop something like T2 figures.

I always loved Sarah's look in T2, I have her NECA ultimate figure and would get a Mafex version too.

From FB
014EFC05-114F-4F2D-B078-37FE073BDD1C.jpeg
A31AC4E6-477F-4D09-8C11-180966AC62CA.jpeg
19CE3CEC-F7F4-48E1-ABAB-15164FAB3FA2.jpeg
95D275B2-582E-4F26-BA2F-13A0D6783E7F.jpeg

Seems to me these will be kinda soft in detail and not 100% in accuracy. Their appeal will mainly be in their articulation which is of an amount & range of motion that we've not had before with all-sculpted figures.

Seems to me these will be kinda soft in detail and not 100% in accuracy. Their appeal will mainly be in their articulation which is of an amount & range of motion that we've not had before with all-sculpted figures.

Is that not how all Mafex figures are? I’m genuinely asking as I don’t own any, these will be my first.

If these are showing up now, that means that BBTS will get their stock in sometime in late 2023. :lol

Sorta new to Mafex too - I only have their Robocops and an Alien, which were excellent. But they were non-human sculpts apart from Robocop's mouth. These will be my first clothed, human figures from Mafex.

So this probably is just their style for all I know but there's almost a cartoon quality to this Police Shootout T-800. Detail is soft and the plastic is shiny and with seemingly little texture to it. The NECA figures look more realistic in these regards.

I don't say this as an attack on these figures but I can see how they aren't for everyone.

I like he has the beginning head but this needed the biker jacket and shirt from the club scene :thud:

missed opportunity Mafex :angryfist:

Fj0xYKuagAAdpLW.jpg

I think MAFEX's likenesses are improving all the time. I mostly own comic book stuff from them, but I think their real-life faces are decent.

RoboCop is perfect but of course, that's just a mouth.

I have Clockwork Orange Alex, and I definitely see the likeness in it, but some people said it was too cartoony.

The only other "real life" likeness figure I have is Ledger's Joker. Their first efforts were bad, then they got better, and the last ones (Cop Joker with prison cell Joker head) were excellent, in my opinion.

Back