MAFEX The Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also thought Arnold's true height is an unsolved Hollywood mystery and he's under six feet tall in real life.

Either way, it looks undersized to me. MAFEX is inconsistent. Their Alex from "Clockwork Orange" is bigger than their RoboCop.

6 alex.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately a lot of companies, even Hot Toys, don't seem to make all their figures scale together from different properties.

I also thought Arnold's true height is an unsolved Hollywood mystery and he's under six feet tall in real life.

Either way, it looks undersized to me. MAFEX is inconsistent. Their Alex from "Clockwork Orange" is bigger than their RoboCop.

View attachment 613883
Malcolm McDowell is 5'9", so he's definitely way oversized!

It's interesting to hear that MAFEX are inconsistent. I had their Astro Boy figure and he was 6" and wasn't 1/12 scale - it looked really weird.

I've never heard of any contention with Arnie's height and he seems 6'2" in movies, but we all know about Hollywood trickery.

I've had the Terminator for a couple of days and I love him a lot! Definitely very fun!

H1KzG7F.jpg

BuxH4SB.jpg

That's the same group of four characters I'm looking to put together, except I want the Endoskeleton. They look great together, so maybe I'll get this Arnie now to fill the gap...

I have the diecast Hagane Works RoboCop, Mezco Predator is inbound, and Mezco Big Chap needs to be received by my local supplier - hurry up!!!

I'm also excited for the endoskeleton. It's one of the few villains that kinda gives me the creeps lol! I remember watching the original Terminator and when I saw that walking stop motion metallic skeleton and then it looked at the screen with that silly grin, I thought "I don't wanna be chased by that at night!"

Anyway, the TBLeague body seems to go decently with the Mafex Terminator head. It's not a perfect skin tone match, but it's ok with a little light trickery.

4O6CwYv.jpg

I'm also excited for the endoskeleton. It's one of the few villains that kinda gives me the creeps lol! I remember watching the original Terminator and when I saw that walking stop motion metallic skeleton and then it looked at the screen with that silly grin, I thought "I don't wanna be chased by that at night!"

Anyway, the TBLeague body seems to go decently with the Mafex Terminator head. It's not a perfect skin tone match, but it's ok with a little light trickery.

4O6CwYv.jpg

I dunno man, that head looks too small and doesn't sit low enough on the neck for me. Skin tone wise, it is a pretty good match though.
I'm surprised Audrey Hepburn is popular enough today to get a figure made!

This came out a nice amount better than the prototype. Mine is stuck in customs and there seems to be a holdup in sending me a letter or email - till I receive one of those I can't pay the damn fee to then receive the figure. So meantime I'm still looking at youtube reviews. Really impressed by the main Gargoyles headsculpt in particular - if only Hot Toys had captured it that well.

Took An Post 3 weeks to email me about a customs charge for Sisko. He was sitting in the depot for weeks. Finally arrived today.

Took An Post 3 weeks to email me about a customs charge for Sisko. He was sitting in the depot for weeks. Finally arrived today.
Are you getting charged for everything now? I am. Literally everything, even a single NECA figure goes to customs. Think I need an alternative to BBTS. I'd love to use Dublin City Comics but they don't have an online preordering system and I never have any idea what they will or won't be getting.

They're a huge rip off too. They operate under the assumption the general public are morons and charge silly prices.

I would go with Forbidden Planet for small figures, Amazon for ones they don't get in, BBTS for harder to find ones too.

I get hit by customs for everything as well. I had a RoboCop t shirt arrive today from Redbubble. The fool of a seller didn't mark it as a gift so it cost me 50 total for the t shirt which was 38 plus 12 for customs. Mad then that figures from EXO-6 cost me 10 quid each for customs.

Design is great though, but he used a flimsy material for the actual t shirt.
20221223_094349.jpg

BBTS has it listed at $140. :oops:
Terminator 2: Judgement Day No.205 MAFEX Endoskeleton (T2 Ver.)

I'll need to have a momentary episode of sticker shock before pre-ordering this one, but it does look nice. And since I'll likely be spending about $0 on NECA Terminator figures for the remainder of this year my life, I suppose my collection budget will allow the expense. (But I do believe, this will set the record for the most I've spent yet on a single action figure!)

Back