MAFEX The Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Another review I just found - I think it looks pretty damn good here. More impressed by the face sculpts now than I was previously.

I'm wondering if his body is a bit 'long' though. I'm not used to seeing so much of his crotch/ass below the jacket. With the NECA and Hot Toys the jacket hides more of this region, even just a little. Must check the film.

89083388-04D3-4FDA-857E-36ECDFC61883.jpeg

Seems about right.

It looks pretty good, maybe not $100 good though.
Buy it directly from Japan and with DHL postage you can probably get it for about $80 and you'll get it much sooner.

Last edited:
Turned out not bad at all plus it's always nice too see more T1 stuff over the ubiquitous T2.

I keep seeing more pics on twitter:

Fj_kl8TaAAAZoTB.jpg

Fj-_tm7akAELARK.jpg

Fj-_tnCaEAEaErw.jpg
Fj8r3zLacAA_d5R.jpg

Sunglasses look bad from the side, there.....

I think the T2 version is gonna be even better. Maybe with any luck by the time it comes out I might be able to afford one...

For one thing I think the jacket that Mafex is doing with this is the one for T2 JD and not this one which is slightly different and another IMO Arnold was a bit heavier in the original film and he slimmed a little by T2
I think they’re doing the T2 Jacket on the T2 figure.
The cords on the sides are tied differently and belt is a different design.

Attachments

• 4DF29619-ACF9-41B4-9127-4DB642D9ABA2.jpeg
    4DF29619-ACF9-41B4-9127-4DB642D9ABA2.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 7FCBE5B8-1280-4780-ADF0-E309D68C12C9.jpeg
    7FCBE5B8-1280-4780-ADF0-E309D68C12C9.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I keep seeing more pics on twitter:

View attachment 612941

View attachment 612940

Sunglasses look bad from the side, there.....

I think the T2 version is gonna be even better. Maybe with any luck by the time it comes out I might be able to afford one...
Loving the likeness in these shots, although concerned about variation in quality control - paint errors and possibly something going on with the Gargoyles.

Same here....I was 13 years old in the summer of '91.

I don't think kids today can appreciate the kind of hype we used to have for movies back then. We'd get ONE movie like that a year, as opposed to 2 or 3 "event" movies every quarter like they have now. T2 was the biggest, baddest movie on the planet, and it lived up to the hype.

If I wasn't destitute right now, I'd preorder all of MAFEX's T2 figures, but if I could only get one, it'd be the regular T-800 with all those weapons. I hope I can afford it when it comes out. Just a shame it won't have the battle-damaged face included. Realllly want the endo-skeleton as well.

Last edited:
Interested to see what they've done to articulate that battle-damaged knee. I wonder what the back looks like.

Don't know why it took me so many months to respond to this, but the solicit pics clearly show the front and back:

61fJHd2z6jL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

61Ob7zt0bUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Really liking the Gargoyles headsculpt now. Neck looks good too.

Unfortunately he looks undersized next to Robocop in this guy's comparison.

Really liking the Gargoyles headsculpt now. Neck looks good too.

Unfortunately he looks undersized next to Robocop in this guy's comparison.

I'm not sure about him being undersized. Peter Weller is 6' and Arnie is 6'2", and Peter wearing the Robocop suit would add 1-2 inches to his height, as well as adding some bulk, so to me it seems fine.
Of course, characters can have official heights that don't align with the height of the actors that play them.
Why do you think he is undersized in comparison? (genuinely curious)

I thought Peter Weller was shorter than that. But even setting aside height if you look at the skin portion of Robocop's head it looks pretty big compared to the Arnie figure, no?

Back