MAFEX Robocop 1/12 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Precisely why I'm ok with Skynet calling the shots. Us bags of meat are not the future... machines are.

well, when i commented you i felt like a smartass, now i feel ashamed for being rude. i'm sorry.

well, when i commented you i felt like a smartass, now i feel ashamed for being rude. i'm sorry.

It's ok, I think most of us do that from time to time. I'm not the most tech savy person but after being told how to imbed an image here I felt rather dumb. Don't worry about it P.

I've had varying luck posting from my phone or using different providers and kinda just gave up on being able to figure out how to imbed the pics. This is why I love this community, thanks again Rogerbee!

No worries, I've been using various ones for years. Photobucket was the mainstay till all that rubbish about charging for hosting images on forums. I find Imgur easy to use. One thing I would advise is to keep copies of your pics on your computer, then, should something happen with a provider you won't have lost everything.

Otomofan - I spend too much time on Facebook, apparently - I keep wanting to 'Like' your posts. I love it when people really get down and dirty with the details. Especially with pics. :naughty

Thank you....I appreciate that! I'm just really glad forums like this still exist. I need a place to talk about how cool these toys are with people that actually "get it!"

I took a few more pics with NECA's ED-209, some in attack position, as requested. But just remember I took these on an ancient Android phone that I dropped in the bath the other day, so....they don't look great.

Yeah, ED is still slightly oversized, but man, they look so cool together don't they?

20181201_144159.jpg
20181201_144223.jpg
20181201_144347.jpg
20181201_144521.jpg

Here I tried to recreate the pic from the Japanese magazine. It's blurry though. It looks better in real life.

20181201_145015.jpg

Thanks for the pics! :wink1:

I already have the Neca ED 209 and I ordered this Mafex Robocop. Honestly on your pics they really match perfectly! Ok maybe Robocop is a little bit too small but if you don’t have the Neca Robocop in the corner, nobody would notice the difference scale. The duo is epic!

I’m very happy, this mafex is the Robo I was waiting for. I never understood why Neca offer us a so great ED and a so bad Robocop...:dunno
When HT showed their prototype, I immediately felt in love! It was so close to perfection!

But when we saw the final product with it’s awful silver paint it stopped immediately any wish to buy it... i know some of you did a wonderful job with a new paint but I can’t accept that with a 250$ figure you need to repaint it to get something decent... Even if now you get the ultimate Robocop

So for the half price of the HT now you can get a wonderful ED from Neca and an awesome Robocop from Mafex!

Now I've seen those pics, I think he looks just fine next to ED-209. To anyone else, I don't think they'd notice the size difference, they'd just see them together and think they looked great. I want ED again now, all I have to do is find him at a decent price. I missed out on one by a day that was £99, most of the other UK ones on eBay are about £130, which is way too much when you consider what he cost in the US. Trouble is, if I got one from the US, I'd have to pay shipping and probably get hit for VAT by customs again, which would bring the cost back up to more than retail. I guess I'll just have to keep looking........

When HT showed their prototype, I immediately felt in love! It was so close to perfection!

But when we saw the final product with it’s awful silver paint it stopped immediately any wish to buy it...
final product color doesn't differ from that photo. at all.

I suppose the stock figure can look like that if the lighting is right and certain colour reflections are achieved. But Dark Spidey's repaints demonstrate that a true movie look can be attained without relying on particular lighting.

final product color doesn't differ from that photo. at all.

With all my respect between the prototype:

And the final product:

i personnaly don't see any similitude... I don't speak about the likenesse or sculpt but the paint is completly different. I'm not saying it is a bad figure. The sculpt and armor are awesome but the paint is a shame. It is not a matter of price, if they had preserved the prototype paint job i would had buy it in a heartbeat as i'm absolutly fan of the first movie. But on the stock version, it's not "The Robocop" of 1987
And if you had to invest in a particular lightning to recreate the good colour, i'm sorry but it is false advertising... And if the final colour would not differ from the prototype i don't think some truly artists would have launched themself in a total repaint and a dedicated thread.

For me these two figures have nothing in common in terms of paint.

Between the Mafex prototype and final product, i don't see real differences...

yeah probably me too if you have to add the figure cost...

So yeah the Medicom will never reach the HT in terms of accuracy, sculpt and likness. But for the quarter of the price of the HT one you get something really awesome and that seems just out of the movie.
The HT one is superb but i would have been frustrated by the paint and for the price asked it is unacceptable.

The better HT ones I've seen have been repaints. I prefer figures where you don't have to do anything, and the Mafex RoboCop is one of them.

The HT one is superb but i would have been frustrated by the paint

I own it and it is indeed frustrating because it's pretty much the ideal Robocop figure otherwise. The display options are amazing and the ingenuity of engineering gave us a better articulated figure than any of us could have expected. But the damn paintjob :gah:

Congrats, it is still an amazing figure.
But if one day you can afford a repaint, you’ll get the ultimate Robocop!

With all my respect between the prototype:

And the final product:

i personnaly don't see any similitude... I don't speak about the likenesse or sculpt but the paint is completly different.

i know the advertising photos showed him in deep blue, and final product is more like aluminium. but i meant specifically that first photo you used.

181201052239165585.jpg

found a couple of my old photos, back when i had only 3 robocops. no color filters, no photoshop, no blue lights for making photos:

nymwJDg.jpg
PS7bi8D.jpg

definitely nothing like this, right?

181201052239693642.jpg

i'd say it's exactly like that prototype photo i was commenting on, minus obviously slightly different surrounding lights.

in fact, i'd even say that those famous "prototype" blue photos were photoshopped:

FhpA7KJ.jpg

because why are those parts that hold the monitors so green/blue? they're definitely grey/black, as you can see on my photo above.

BkNuJIA.jpg

and no, i'm not defending the color scheme, i just guess that a blue HT Robocop had never actually existed.

what i cannot understand is why MAFEX Robocop is compared to HT in terms of color - and is called more accurate. from what i see in this thread and on youtube reviews, he has the same silver armor with the same blue and violet hints.

Back