Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got these two in and another couple of great figures by MaFex! Please keep it up! these figures are epic!
Eyes could have been a brighter red though and DP could have been a darker gray but still love them both how they are.
Who is next from the team? I assume Psylocke since they could just do a repaint, but hopefully they fix the size of the head as well. But would love to see them do a larger figure like Warpath! Cuz then that might set the stage for Colossus?!

MaFex Wolv DP IMG_0226.jpg

MaFex Wolv DP 2 IMG_0292+++.jpg

Well looks like MaFex finally screwed one up...unfortunately.
If you have not seen any reviews of Thor yet here is one from JDN Studios:

Man how did they let this one go? Thor is toooo short! :hammerhead:
And I think even extending the legs won't get him much taller.
Normally I would have him out of the box and posing it, but looks like I'm gonna put this on ebay.
I took some screenshot from the above video, so sad - Odin is not pleased!
MaFex please re-do this with Thor being closer to ML Thor height!
Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 06-44-56 MAFEX MIGHTY THOR Marvel Comics Medicom Action Figure Review.jpg

Then I photoshopped him taller - he should have at least been this tall if not taller!!!
Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 06-44-56 MAFEX MIGHTY THOR Marvel Comics Medicom Action Figure Review...jpg

Looks like I will be using the ML version for classic Avengers.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 06-44-56 MAFEX MIGHTY THOR Marvel Comics Medicom Action Figure Review...jpg
    Screenshot 2023-06-14 at 06-44-56 MAFEX MIGHTY THOR Marvel Comics Medicom Action Figure Review...jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 0
I started collecting the X-men line this year I regret not picking up brown costume wolverine lol.

Attachments

• IMG_7716.jpeg
    IMG_7716.jpeg
    620.2 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, he's very much a 1960s Thor, just like their Iron Man.

Personally I think that's OK if you know that going in, but people expecting this to replace or fit in with the Marvel Legends are gonna be "Thor-ly" disappointed.

Just my opinion, but I don't think their Marvel comic book stuff blows away the ML figures the way their DC figures blow away Mattel/McF/DC Direct.

The grey sculpt for Captain America also looks 60s inspired. Not as impressive as Hasbro's.

Better to think of them as two very separate toylines.

I think this Thor looks great. That head sculpt is killer to me. Screams classic Thor. Thor will be my 1st Marvel Mafex figure (I have the 1st ROTJ Vader as well) and most likely only comic figure. While I'd love to get into the line as I think several are amazing (classic Spidey, classic Iron Man, upcoming classic Cap, Hush Batman & Superman & the TDK Bats and Supes), I think they are just too expensive for 6" scale figures. For me anyway. Especially being all plastic. I collect ML and some MS for Marvel comic figures and way too much other stuff to ever dive heavily into this. Would only ever get a few. A Silver Surfer would be the only next must buy for a Mafex Marvel figure (I pretty much buy every Thor comic figure and Silver Surfer figure), and perhaps a classic Hulk depending on price.

Same goes for Mezco. Been waiting on a comic Thor for ages to be my 1st possible purchase. I'm fine with Thor hanging out by himself or just as a collective of Thor figures on a shelf somewhere.

LOL....never! Haven't you heard? Punisher is officially "canceled" by Disney/Marvel.

Man, I would be totally in for a Mafex Punisher. Give me all the versions. But I definitely want a Jim Lee classic white gloves, white boots, bandana Punisher.
Same here honestly, I’d buy every version that comes out

I was so looking forward to getting Magneto, and I'm happy to say he's my best Mafex yet. I absolutely love this guy! The cape is puffy around the shoulders (Fwoosh Robo picked up on that) but that's how it's supposed to be in my mind (and I actually puffed them a bit more). Looks fabulous!

Magnus.jpg

mnto.jpeg

Last edited:
I really need a Mafex Professor X. I missed the ML one, but hanging on for a REALLY good one from Mafex. After that, I pretty much have all the X-Men I want, though I'd take a Mafex Nightcrawler.

Villain wise, Mistique and Sabertooth would amazing.

Very nice comparison pics spaceghost2000! Thanks for those. Yeah I saw that Thor started at 6' 6" in the comics, but was hoping MaFex would make him at least taller than Ironman. They kinda did the same thing with Bane. What, do they not want to make bigger figures?
Suffice to say I bought ML 80th Thor and am going to use him instead. Sweet figure. Now if ML did that exact same figure without the pegs...awesome!
And still waiting on the MaFex Capt! Although with what they did with Thor and Bane, I might have to pass if they make a small Hulk

Back