Action Figure MAFEX Comic Book Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got in Magnus the other day - I actually prefer the red cap without the wires at the bottom of the cape, but still, excellent figure! I wish with characters like these they would copy SHF idea from Black Adam figure (or at least that is the first time I've seen that) and have a crossed arms option. I think Magneto would look awesome like that.

MaFex Magneto IMG_0160+++.jpg

MaFex Magneto IMG_0225.jpg

and along with some of his Brotherhood:
MaFex Magneto ML Brthrhd IMG_0245+++.jpg

Also had a few moments to add Storm and Beast to the line up of X-Men:
MF ML X-Men line up IMG_0078.jpg

Anyone know where I can get a replacement wrist peg? Wrist peg snapped on the new scarlet spidey.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement wrist peg? Wrist peg snapped on the new scarlet spidey.
Sorry to hear that happened - that really sux. I thought MaFex QC was a thing of the past.

You could try emailing MaFex. But that is a long shot. It is a shame they don't put extra pegs in there.
Or you could try ebay to see if there are any loose ones or possibly if anyone 3D prints them.

On another note, what do you all think of the Capt? I was anticipating this one but seeing the prototype I was a little underwhelmed. Blue is a little too light, would be nice if it was darker, but I know they are probably going for the original comic color. And I kinda feel he is a little too scrawny. I might have to wait another few years to see if they do a more modern look and buff the figure up more. dang.

Sorry to hear that happened - that really sux. I thought MaFex QC was a thing of the past.

You could try emailing MaFex. But that is a long shot. It is a shame they don't put extra pegs in there.
Or you could try ebay to see if there are any loose ones or possibly if anyone 3D prints them.

On another note, what do you all think of the Capt? I was anticipating this one but seeing the prototype I was a little underwhelmed. Blue is a little too light, would be nice if it was darker, but I know they are probably going for the original comic color. And I kinda feel he is a little too scrawny. I might have to wait another few years to see if they do a more modern look and buff the figure up more. dang.
Thanks. I contacted two people that make custom 3d printed mafex wrist pegs for spidey but so far no luck with responses.

I feel the same. I know they’re going for the classic 80s Cap, but he doesn’t look that good. I rather have the buff 90’s or 2000’s Cap with the darker blue.

Only sure how modern you want to go, and veer from the comic style but they’re doing the ‘Golden Age’ suit from the last act of The Winter Soldier.
IMG_2617.jpeg

Thanks. I contacted two people that make custom 3d printed mafex wrist pegs for spidey but so far no luck with responses.
Dang that's a bummer. Do you have any other MaFex spidey figures? I wonder if pegs from other figures would fit.

I feel the same. I know they’re going for the classic 80s Cap, but he doesn’t look that good. I rather have the buff 90’s or 2000’s Cap with the darker blue.
^^ yep would be great.

Only sure how modern you want to go, and veer from the comic style but they’re doing the ‘Golden Age’ suit from the last act of The Winter Soldier. View attachment 652745
yeah they seem to be doing great MCU figures as well! I'm not very knowledge on Capts history but basically if MaFex could do the same look as ML 80th Ann Capt. I also like the Ultimates look (not sure if that is considered modern)

In some of the proto pics Capt doesn't look that scrawny, but that blue.

I think if he was this darker blue, I'd be more inclined to get him. And I still wish Thor was bigger.

I would be ok with this comic MaFex trinity (photoshoped):
MaFex Avengers modified hero.jpg

MaFex Avengers modified action.jpg

Can't say I'm impressed with DD. Proportions are really, really weird. Like it's just cobbled together from parts of other previous figures. Hard to put my finger on it, idk.

Yeah, I'm not drinking the "I just want a Mafex DD" kool-aid on this. It just doesn't look good imo. It looks odd AF.

Growing tired of these overly long, lanky legs they keep recycling from their Spider-Man figs, which they used on Hush Bats and Nightwing as well.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm impressed with DD. Proportions are really, really weird. Like it's just cobbled together from parts of other previous figures. Hard to put my finger on it, idk.

Yeah, I'm not drinking the "I just want a Mafex DD" kool-aid on this. It just doesn't look good imo. It looks odd AF.

Growing tired of these overly long, lanky legs they keep recycling from their Spider-Man figs, which they used on Hush Bats and Nightwing as well.
They’re different sculpts every time.

Back