Statue Oniri Creations: DC Comics - Superman: For Tomorrow 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Oniri Creations: DC license (1/6 scale) - Superman

49204125998_fd2154bce2_h.jpg

that looks really good I get a jim lee vibe on the face, the price is steep but I might order it I'll wait for more pictures before I make my decision

that looks really good I get a jim lee vibe on the face, the price is steep but I might order it I'll wait for more pictures before I make my decision

This is definitely Jim Lee. Specifically from the cover of Superman #205.

Supposedly the whole line is going to be Jim Lee inspired.

This is definitely Jim Lee. Specifically from the cover of Superman #205.

Supposedly the whole line is going to be Jim Lee inspired.

In that case I might be all in on this line lol I love my prime 1 hush superman but I didn't want to go deep in that scale it takes too much space but this line would be perfect to complement that centerpiece in my collection

Looks very nice from what can be seen but $540 for 1/6 is way over priced. Wish it was 1/4 or even 1/5 scale.

In that case I might be all in on this line lol I love my prime 1 hush superman but I didn't want to go deep in that scale it takes too much space but this line would be perfect to complement that centerpiece in my collection

Looks very nice from what can be seen but $540 for 1/6 is way over priced. Wish it was 1/4 or even 1/5 scale.

I already have the koto 1/6 wonder woman but am still looking forward to their version. Price is def an issue though

After getting burned by Enesco with their 1:6 Wonder Woman, I would have to see production pictures before I would pull the trigger...

Man, that's a huge chunk of change for 1/6 scale. Not sure about this ....

Man, that's a huge chunk of change for 1/6 scale. Not sure about this ....

It's crazy, it really is. Prime 1's fifth scale Arkham Batman is $100 less than this and more detailed. I only paid a little more than this for the recent Catwoman PF.

The bubble has to burst sooner or later if these companies continue to increase prices way above any level of inflation. It feels like stuff is going up about $100 a year right now, that's just not sustainable.

Easy pass for me. Supes actually looks pretty damn good, aside from his too-thin waist (it looks like it's the same thickness as one of his legs) and his force powers hand. Not sure why he's crushing a bomb in his opposite hand either. Looks kind of silly.

The base is what really disinterests me. Way too much going on and light-up features that will break. Also, shooting standard missiles and bullets at Superman is pointless, especially when your accuracy is that poor.

It looks ok. I like XM's 1/6 way better, even though I do prefer the red jockeys look.

Easy pass for me. Supes actually looks pretty damn good, aside from his too-thin waist (it looks like it's the same thickness as one of his legs) and his force powers hand. Not sure why he's crushing a bomb in his opposite hand either. Looks kind of silly.

The base is what really disinterests me. Way too much going on and light-up features that will break. Also, shooting standard missiles and bullets at Superman is pointless, especially when your accuracy is that poor.

You do realize it’s simply a recreation of this cover right?

Supes205ANM.jpg

I like it, looks good. Will I buy it? No

It's up for $699 on BBTS. There's no way that's justified. It's probably just part of their strategy to break into the market by outpricing everything that's currently out there, and in doing so promoting this image of being more exclusive/higher quality/more sought-after. I really like the piece, but $699? You can get a really great 1/3 scale for that price during some of Prime 1's sales...

Hi :)

That's definitely a mistake
We'll get in touch with the distributor

SRP is $540usd

You can get it from Sideshow's website

You do realize it’s simply a recreation of this cover right?

It was fairly apparent from their image which was photo-shopped to recreate that cover, yes. So it stands to reason that my criticisms of the statue apply to the cover as well.

Though on the cover he's crushing the missile that he's holding and the projectiles actually appear to be aimed at him instead of around him.

It was fairly apparent from their image which was photo-shopped to recreate that cover, yes. So it stands to reason that my criticisms of the statue apply to the cover as well.

Though on the cover he's crushing the missile that he's holding and the projectiles actually appear to be aimed at him instead of around him.

It seems like this just isn't going to your cup of tea no matter what, but I would encourage you to look through all the photos they posted on their site. They obviously couldn't have bullets floating in the air, but as you turn around the statue, from certain angles the bullets do appear like they are going straight at him. I think there is some genius perspective work going on in this piece that people may have not noticed yet.

One example:

49210673357_59c3b65874_k.jpg

Re: Oniri Creations: DC license (1/6 scale) - Superman: For Tomorrow

The heat vision head looks great on this. And I love the movement effects on the bullets and rockets. I am not a gun expert, but is that what a bullet looks like after it's left the barrel? These look like the casing is still attached.

Back