Mad Men

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt Weiner was on Colbert's show the other day, and he was saying that since Breaking Bad did gangbuster numbers on the split season, AMC wanted to do it again. Or at least, that's what he was insinuinating.

They think they can build even more hype. . . but the thing is Mad Men and Breaking Bad are two entirely different shows. I don't think you can really hype up Mad Men. . . there's not that many people wondering what the hell is going to happen to Don Draper. There's not a lot of drama going into it. With BrBa, we had that flash forward, so the audience was very invested in that journey, but with SCDP, I don't think people are that invested in what SCDP v3.0 is going to be.

Matt Weiner was on Colbert's show the other day, and he was saying that since Breaking Bad did gangbuster numbers on the split season, AMC wanted to do it again. Or at least, that's what he was insinuinating.

They think they can build even more hype. . . but the thing is Mad Men and Breaking Bad are two entirely different shows. I don't think you can really hype up Mad Men. . . there's not that many people wondering what the hell is going to happen to Don Draper. There's not a lot of drama going into it. With BrBa, we had that flash forward, so the audience was very invested in that journey, but with SCDP, I don't think people are that invested in what SCDP v3.0 is going to be.

exactly, waiting a whole year for this to end will most likely result in them losing fan base I think. Hell everyone knew of or was talking about BrBa, most people I know don't have a clue about Mad Men.

just watched last episode, seems to go to be true. Somethings gonna go boooom I think in the last season......oops last half of the season.

I think the ending is something we've all seen dozens of times (and never took note of) since the show started: Don commits suicide and jumps off a building and falls like the intro sequence.

I think the ending is something we've all seen dozens of times (and never took note of) since the show started: Don commits suicide and jumps off a building and falls like the intro sequence.

Hmmmm, never thought of that. Still waiting for his wifey to get murdered actually.

Yeah, Don Draper doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would jump off a building.

this is going to be awkward a year from now when Devil quotes this after Don kills himself in the finale

Old, alone, and dying of lung cancer and cirrhosis of the liver, will Don Draper be. I haven't seen any of this season yet, though, so I'm unaware if his seemingly 180° shift in priorities at the end of last season remained in place.

WOW, page 19....lol. Doesn't really surprise me though.. I think they should of just finished the series last year and been done with it, but everyone seems to want to stretch these series out and possibly grab more cash and awards. personally think the hype has long since passed for this series....Will watch it of course, but this series never had the following of shows like BrBa or others that the split final seasons worked so well on..

I really liked the first episode.
Seems Don is finally really losing it.
Looking forward to the interaction of Pete and Ken.

yeah I loved how he basically politely and politically told them to go F themselves, but guess what, I'm sticking around just to be a complete pain in your guys asses.....

This show seems to really be sputtering to its conclusion. I wasn't a fan of the Megan episode last night. I'm not sure where her Betty-Lite act came from unless she was just acting out at Don because of her anger towards her mother.

Feels like they're just writing episodes to just finally end the series. There's only a handful left and I don't see any signs of where the plan on ending it with anyone. Shame.

lol, yeah that was pretty much the only moment worth mentioning so far in this last part of the season.....Don was like wtf just happened here..lol

Back