LURTZ ARRIVES - IMAGE thread - Amazing piece

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 25 days notice for EU customers has been over for a while, but still no further news....

I hope they start shipping in the EU soon !

WrathofSauron said:
Ok I know at this stage that everyone who got their Lurtz is blown away by it and I know that we have seen about 6 million photos of him and they are all incredible but can I just say for those of you yet to recieve this statue, NOTHING will prepare you for how truly incredible this piece is and I mean that!! I just got mine this morning and it is without question the best sculpt and pose I have seen on a statue, its almost alive!! The detail is magnificent and on the exclusive the bow looks really cool too!! Without doubt the best statue Sideshow has released im my opinion. If this is what we have to look forward to with this PF line for LOTR then start saving your pennies guys!! Thank you Sideshow for creating a piece of collectible art that BITES!!!! :D

I have to agree with you. This piece is very life like. Lurtz has you expecting him to move at any second! He’s that life like!

I keep mine displayed on my chest of drawers in my bedroom. I planed on keeping him in my home office but I have a blue and gold macaw housed there. It's un-caged but stays on a super large perch. I don’t want take any chances on him flying over to Lurtz and chewing on him, so Lurtz rules my bedroom for now.

One night while admiring the piece, I was kind of creeped out by it.The most ridiculous though instantly ran through my subconscious, which was “I hope he doesn’t walk over here tonight and kill me” LOL. I even felt compelled to put him back in his box!!!!

is Lurtz supposed to come with a COA or any type of paperwork?

nash said:
is Lurtz supposed to come with a COA or any type of paperwork?

Not that I'm aware of. None of my other PF's came with any type of paperwork. I know most other companies have some sort of COA but, SS doesn't. Do you really need a COA anyway? I mean is someone going to make a replica of this beast?

Yes it is. I got #241. I'm sure one day I'll get a two digit SN#, just not sure when that day will be.

This guy is big! I have him on my desk right now and everyone keeps stopping by to take a peek at him.

Also got a gift card :D

Eva Estelle said:
I have to agree with you. This piece is very life like. Lurtz has you expecting him to move at any second! He’s that life like!

One night while admiring the piece, I was kind of creeped out by it.The most ridiculous though instantly ran through my subconscious, which was “I hope he doesn’t walk over here tonight and kill me” LOL. I even felt compelled to put him back in his box!!!!

:mwaha when I look at my Ex. Lurtz closely, I feel like he's gonna chock me any moment
with his right hand. :lol

Darth Loki said:
Not that I'm aware of. None of my other PF's came with any type of paperwork. I know most other companies have some sort of COA but, SS doesn't. Do you really need a COA anyway? I mean is someone going to make a replica of this beast?

Thanks. I was just wondering if something was missing. I dont really care about COAs, but I guess im just used to collectibles comming with one. no big deal.

Vince said:
the 25 days notice for EU customers has been over for a while, but still no further news....

I hope they start shipping in the EU soon !

Just received my "EU arrival notification":

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your order of the Lurtz Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive (item #71651) from our Lord of the Rings 1:4 Scale Figures Collection. We appreciate your patience in awaiting the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out collectible.

We would like to inform you that this piece has arrived at our EU warehouse and we will begin charging credit cards for this purchase within the next 3 business days.

:blissy

Hey I'm new here, but I just wanted to say hello and I'm glad to be here.

I too was on the PF Lurtz Exclusive wait list for about month. I just got the activation email Mon. and a shipping notice today. What I mean is they sent the wait list notification and the activation email both on Mon. ha ha. They didn't even bother giving me the two day period to cancel. (like I would've cancelled Lurtz PF Ex :lol ) I just thought it was funny that they normally give you a two day heads up before activating your wait list.

Anyways, as of Sunday night I was wondering if I would ever get one. But now it will be here in the morning...... I'm only a county away from SSC headquaters. I get all my items in one postal day.

It just goes to show that if you've been on the wait list as little as a month there's still hope. Don't get too bummed yet. It can still happen.

This has been a fun last couple of weeks. First I got my PF Darth Ex wait reservation activated and shipped last week, now Lurtz Ex. :joy

I hope it works out for you guys still on the wait list,
endo1

endo1 said:
Hey I'm new here, but I just wanted to say hello and I'm glad to be here.

I too was on the PF Lurtz Exclusive wait list for about month. I just got the activation email Mon. and a shipping notice today. What I mean is they sent the wait list notification and the activation email both on Mon. ha ha. They didn't even bother giving me the two day period to cancel. (like I would've cancelled Lurtz PF Ex :lol ) I just thought it was funny that they normally give you a two day heads up before activating your wait list.

Anyways, as of Sunday night I was wondering if I would ever get one. But now it will be here in the morning...... I'm only a county away from SSC headquaters. I get all my items in one postal day.

It just goes to show that if you've been on the wait list as little as a month there's still hope. Don't get too bummed yet. It can still happen.

This has been a fun last couple of weeks. First I got my PF Darth Ex wait reservation activated and shipped last week, now Lurtz Ex. :joy

I hope it works out for you guys still on the wait list,
endo1

Congrats Endo! The same thing also happened to me! There is no way I was going to cancel my exclusive anyways. By the way, Welcome to the forum! :D

Hey thanks carbo-fation, congrats as well. Infact I haven't had a Ex wait list close on me yet.

I was also wondering if anyone has ever posted pics of PF Lurtz next to NECA's Aragorn Epic fig for a size comparison. I'm very interested to see how close in scale they are to each other. I guess I'll find out soon enough. :D

endo1 said:
Hey thanks carbo-fation, congrats as well. Infact I haven't had a Ex wait list close on me yet.

I was also wondering if anyone has ever posted pics of PF Lurtz next to NECA's Aragorn Epic fig for a size comparison. I'm very interested to see how close in scale they are to each other. I guess I'll find out soon enough. :D

Welcome!! Now you are one of us :lol
I wish someone post a picture of Epic Aragorn. Thinking of picking one
up to match it with my Lurtz. By the way, when did you get on the
wait list for Lurtz Ex. Statue?

Hi lakeshouse,

I put my reservation before they were had started shipping it was around the 9th or 10th of sept.

endo1

its nice that almost every one is getting the exclsuive just don't forget to post some pics, hmmmmkay :monkey3

Hi ok here are some pics not great used a flash indoors but you get the size comparison in some of them!

https://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1740hu4.jpg

https://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1742jr8.jpg

https://img120.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1733yz8.jpg

https://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1749mg8.jpg

Its funny in the second picture it looks like Galadriel is pouring an oul drop o' whiskey into Lutrz's bag!!! :rotfl
In the third one she looks like she's pouring out her cuppa in the morning and Lurtz is stalking her!!
Ok ok I've lost the plot I know, it happens guys with these statues they take you over.................:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Back