LIM Toys - The Least of Use - Guitar Player and Dinosaur Enthusiast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't make her angry.

You didn't like her when she was angry.

:monkey3

giphy.gif

MacReady? 'The Thing' MacReady? Now we're talking!
Yes one and only R.J. MacReady! 2022 and still have no idea why there isn't any fancy 1:6 figure of him. When I think about horror/Sci-Fi first thing I get in my mind is timeless classic THE THING. Nothing can top that movie in that genre for me.

Lim save the day👀

Absolutely, open up a thread in the custom section and I'll take a look. There have been other MacReady's made by people over the years, I dare say they'd like to see it too if they still frequent the site.

Yes one and only R.J. MacReady! 2022 and still have no idea why there isn't any fancy 1:6 figure of him. When I think about horror/Sci-Fi first thing I get in my mind is timeless classic THE THING. Nothing can top that movie in that genre for me.

Lim save the day👀
there was a Macready at the Mondo booth at SDCC, there’s probably already a thread for it here somewhere.

Attachments

• A6690F22-267B-44FA-B5EE-7FD2AFB205D5.jpeg
    A6690F22-267B-44FA-B5EE-7FD2AFB205D5.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 0
Even tho the story has a lot of issues, namely pacing and structure, the actual game itself is a treat to play with some of the most satisfying shooting and combat gameplay out there, there's also some really sweet and emotional moments between Ellie and Joel so you could at least check out their flashback scenes to get their "complete" story together, I'm actually fine with Joel getting killed, he's no saint and TLOU world is a cruel one and a hero's death of him saving Ellie would've been too cliche, I just don't like how they actually handled the death and the decisions they made leading up to it.

EDIT:
If you want to watch the Joel and Ellie flashback scenes here's these two videos.

Honestly, after playing the game a 2nd time, I still feel like the story for TLOU pt 2 is amazing, but the structure of said story is absolute ass.
Yes, the fanbase was way out of line with how they reacted to Abby and her actions with attacking the creators and actors involved in the game.
Abby's story is damn near a direct reflection of Ellie and Joel from the first game. Cliché as that is, go back and just concentrate on her journey and don't solely focus on her killing Joel.
Ellie is no saint in this world or in the story of the game.

Personally, id be on board with anything you guys do from this game series. I just didn't care for the final products of Master Team of CCToys attempts at the characters. They just seemed a bit off. Just my opinion.

You guys can make an Abby after you've gone deep in the Oh Crap line and already have the tooling for Nadine's body.
Wait, isnt Abby more buff than Nadine? It could just be they're just built different combined with my **** memory, but I dont remember Nadine being as swole as Abby.
Nadine was fit as hell, but didn't they base Abby's body type off of a crossfit athlete?

Wait, isnt Abby more buff than Nadine? It could just be they're just built different combined with my **** memory, but I dont remember Nadine being as swole as Abby.
Nadine was fit as hell, but didn't they base Abby's body type off of a crossfit athlete?

Characters with far different body types than these two have reused the same stock bodies. Nadine is big enough I doubt any Abby fan would complain.

I don't actually think either of them needs a figure, though. I was just saying if you're going to go to the effort that it takes to make a brand new muscular female body, there are much better characters to tackle than Abby. Nadine, if you want to stay in the ND wheelhouse, or someone like Vi from Arcane.

They do, no offence but, Abby has a male body. Muscular women don't look like that,female body has a different bone structure,muscular women look like Nadine, who is fit but also looks as a woman. Personally I can't understand Abby's appearance and what decisions they made behind her as concept art shows totally different person.

there was a Macready at the Mondo booth at SDCC, there’s probably already a thread for it here somewhere.
Not a fan of Mondo stuff but it's still better than nothing right? Gonna keep an eye on him.

Last edited:
I'll spare you the three paragraphs I could write about my disdain for how the present day entertainment industry is destroying franchises and characters that people have loved for decades, years whatever.

From a business perspective the kind of figures that will sell in big numbers for Lim are the main characters that are almost universally loved....part 1 Joel/Ellie, Uncharted Nate, John Marston, Kotor Revan, etc. If they want to roll the dice on some of the secondary type characters it's up to their discretion but I'm sure they do it knowing they won't sell like the heavy hitters. Characters like Abby that a lot of folks dislike for obvious reasons are a Hasbro Reva's lightsaber waiting to happen.

Last edited:
1658929703069.png

1658929740603.png

I'm not an Abby fan by any means but I'm not sure where the idea comes from that muscular women don't look like that. This is Jessie Graff. She was a competitor on American Ninja Warrior for a while (maybe she still is, I stopped watching the show) and she was also the stunt double for Gal Gadot in the Wonder Woman movies.

She's ripped as hell, incredibly athletic and yet I wouldn't say she's masculine. Just someone who put a ton of work into her body, much like Abby did - from a combination of motivation and it being, well, the apocalypse. I think the typical built woman does look more like Nadine, yes, but to say Abby looks like man isn't really fair either.

And just to be clear, **** Abby. I really wish Ellie would have killed her, although I understand the point was her realizing she was turning into something Joel wouldn't have wanted for her.

I'm pretty sure the game iteration of Abby is based on a physique like Ronda Rousey when she was doing MMA rather than a fitness/weight lifting physique.
20131219091702_ronda_rousey.JPG

View attachment 591052
View attachment 591053

I'm not an Abby fan by any means but I'm not sure where the idea comes from that muscular women don't look like that. This is Jessie Graff. She was a competitor on American Ninja Warrior for a while (maybe she still is, I stopped watching the show) and she was also the stunt double for Gal Gadot in the Wonder Woman movies.

She's ripped as hell, incredibly athletic and yet I wouldn't say she's masculine. Just someone who put a ton of work into her body, much like Abby did - from a combination of motivation and it being, well, the apocalypse. I think the typical built woman does look more like Nadine, yes, but to say Abby looks like man isn't really fair either.

And just to be clear, **** Abby. I really wish Ellie would have killed her, although I understand the point was her realizing she was turning into something Joel wouldn't have wanted for her.
The thing is, we know women like this exist, but after seeing what Naughty Dog did with Part 2's story, can we really be sure they would've just simply added a muscular woman? Especially considering the whole thing with Lev (as weird and out of place as it was).
I do feel like Naughty Dog wouldn't have missed that "opportunity" though, if she was something more than just a...well, she. So who knows!
My point of view of her is: she was basically a military raised girl and felt she needed to prove to everyone that she wasn't just some "helpless" women after her pops died. So she started training with the troops, felt she needed to prove herself, and then just eventually got strong af. Or something like that. lol
All I know is that TLoU PTII was weird, and also that she may have fallen off the sky bridge a few times...

The Last of Us™ Part II_20220408040504.jpg

The Last of Us™ Part II_20220407014712.jpg

So, just curious, completely unrelated to anything, if you could have more 1/6 figures of the rest of us, which would you prefer?
  • Grown up dinosaur enthusiast
  • Older guitar enthusiast
  • Golf club enthusiast
  • Mushroom person
Completely unrelated, huh...? ;)

Personally I'd love to see LIMs version of the grown up dinosaur enthusiast!!! :love: I'm sure it would be awesome!!! :rock
I'll definitely get the Flashback versions of both of them that you already announced. Joe's brother would be really cool as well....

But as for the mushroom people... I already have more than enough of those... so I'd pass.

Attachments

• My Clicker Horde.jpg
    My Clicker Horde.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 0
Completely unrelated, huh...? ;)

Personally I'd love to see LIMs version of the grown up dinosaur enthusiast!!! :love: I'm sure it would be awesome!!! :rock
I'll definitely get the Flashback versions of both of them that you already announced. Joe's brother would be really cool as well....

But as for the mushroom people... I already have more than enough of those... so I'd pass.
Those look sick! 😲

Honestly, after playing the game a 2nd time, I still feel like the story for TLOU pt 2 is amazing, but the structure of said story is absolute ass.
Yes, the fanbase was way out of line with how they reacted to Abby and her actions with attacking the creators and actors involved in the game.
Abby's story is damn near a direct reflection of Ellie and Joel from the first game. Cliché as that is, go back and just concentrate on her journey and don't solely focus on her killing Joel.
Ellie is no saint in this world or in the story of the game.

Personally, id be on board with anything you guys do from this game series. I just didn't care for the final products of Master Team of CCToys attempts at the characters. They just seemed a bit off. Just my opinion.
Trust me I know about all that, there's many posts of mine in these forums detailing why I think the parallels between Joel/Ellie and Abby/Lev are about as subtle as a brick to the face, the actual story concept has great potential but it was just executed poorly with an atrocious narrative structure and massive case of ludonarrative dissonance complete with forgettable and unlikeable characters. I do really enjoy the actual game itself tho, a tehcnical masterpiece with insanely enjoyable brutal gameplay.

So, just curious, completely unrelated to anything, if you could have more 1/6 figures of the rest of us, which would you prefer?
  • Grown up dinosaur enthusiast
  • Older guitar enthusiast
  • Golf club enthusiast
  • Mushroom person
Personally I'd love if LimToys made their own versions of the grown up dinosaur enthusiasts and the older guitar enthusiast but it doesn't seem like everyone is on board. Is it possible to just have figure kits made if the demand for full figures isn't high? Something similar to what CC toys did for their young dinosaur enthusiast, which included headsculpts, clothing and a few accessories. Seems like a perfect middle ground imo

Back