LIM Toys - The Least of Use - Guitar Player and Dinosaur Enthusiast

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look incredible just from the tease also baring in mind the quality and likeness of Arthur I'm excited for this.
!!!!! I KNOW! THEY REALLY DO! I am so excited it's not even funny! Seeing this tease made me so happy lol. Confirmation, as if we needed one, that these are gonna be worth the wait and then some. Thank you, @Hologram AI, @The Green Goblin, and, of course @R_R_X, our guy on the inside for posting these updates!!!
I know it's still probably way too early to know, but does anyone have maybe a price point estimate?

It's literally the game model, it reminds me of what happened with Nate when people said the likeness was wrong from development pictures.

The first picture that was sent was using parallel perspective and harsh lighting which makes all the wrinkles and skin detail very prominent it's like that on purpose so the sculpt retains those details through out the whole casting and sculpting process.

I understand that people will look at it and say it's wrong based on the multiple character renders and screenshots out there using different perspectives, angle and lighting but take it from me, as someone who loves these two and is working very closely with the team on them I guarantee the sculpts are perfect and tweaking their facial structure would destroy their likeness, trust the process.

Here's a final blurry tease, again keep in mind these are 3D and not yet finalized or worked on by our master sculptor or painted or photographed in the real world and to anyone who still doesn't know these are based on the realistic character models of the remake that came out last year, not the 2013 versions, they will have rolling eyes, magnetic necks and very detailed hair made of several parts.
View attachment 630198
Looks amazing already. The likeness is definitely there.

The focal length of the game camera messes with the perspective so it will never line up perfectly. I think this screenshot I took in the game looks pretty damn close though, to how this prototype looks.

As far as Ellie goes, it’s always hard to tell how young sculpts will turn out with the super smooth skin and soft facial features. Most of the likeness will show through the paintjob which I bet is gonna be a bit of a challenge.

I’m stoked though. Better than any other offering for sure.

82286D4B-98D9-4EAC-9915-3FE16419195A.jpeg

Attachments

• 3ACEA1AA-D1D6-4656-886A-4803C05A7BA3.jpeg
    3ACEA1AA-D1D6-4656-886A-4803C05A7BA3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The sculpt looks very nice, and with the latest screenshot, we can easily see that the face structure and proportions are spot on!

The only thing I still see a bit is the hair. On the side of the head, the hair looks a bit too thick. It does get to about that width in the game, but it's wispier and thinner. I'm not sure if there's a way of working on that, but maybe getting it a smidge less wide would make him look less hairy.

The sculpt looks very nice, and with the latest screenshot, we can easily see that the face structure and proportions are spot on!

The only thing I still see a bit is the hair. On the side of the head, the hair looks a bit too thick. It does get to about that width in the game, but it's wispier and thinner. I'm not sure if there's a way of working on that, but maybe getting it a smidge less wide would make him look less hairy.
Exactly my thoughts. I would've liked for them to do the ps4 remaster version of the characters. I think some people have those ones in mind when looking at these. when compared to the PS5 remake model, it looks very close, especially with the latest comparison, but I think it would've been better to go with the PS4 version.

I'm curious to know how the moving eye mechanism works on these, I have only Woody (Toy Story) and his entire hair piece comes off. Guess that won't work with realistic looking facesculpts as hairline and skin transition needs to be realistic. How hot toys and inart do that with a sculpted hair? "Window" behind the head? Lol

Last edited:
Very much looking forward to the these.
Messy hair and beards have always been hard to translate into physical sculpts. It effects the likeness a lot more than people realize.

@R_R_X ND just released cosplay guides for both Joel and Ellie with the release of the PC port. Some neat closeup and shots of the outfit and overall character model. Looks to be an awesome reference to have and better than just screenshots or whatever else might be floating around out there.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/the-last-of-us/community/?
https://secure.cdn.us.playstation.c...the-last-of-us-part-i-cosplay-guide-ellie.pdf
https://secure.cdn.us.playstation.c.../the-last-of-us-part-i-cosplay-guide-joel.pdf
DO0C3qZ.jpg

Last edited:
Back