Lego DC Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lego DC 2012. NOW 2013!!!

For all the Ireland & UK buyers, these are due in Smyths Toys on January 11th.

I am getting the Spider-Man sets. :yess: ... while I persuade my younger brother to get the Batman ones. :lol

Today's haul.

Happy :)

20130105_132004_zps15f0872c.jpg

I was gonna pick that up today, but felt it didn't warrant the $50 price tag so didn't bother. Made me sad :(

I was gonna pick that up today, but felt it didn't warrant the $50 price tag so didn't bother. Made me sad :(

They should have just made a set with The Bat. That Tumbler is pathetic compared to the old one.

They should have just made a set with The Bat. That Tumbler is pathetic compared to the old one.

Unfortunately, I thought the old Tumbler set was too expensive and passed on that. Regret it now and decided I can't let this pass.

Plus I'm a Batman fan.

Not sure if I mentioned it on this thread or another forum but they should make a Tumbler (that fits 2 minifigs) and smaller than the old one with the "Slaughter" truck from TDK movie.

LEGO is aimed at kids, so sometimes their efforts on their sets aren't as "accurate" as we collectors would like. They also make sure the vehicles are pretty durable.

Hopefully one of the Tumbler sets on Cuusoo will win! I also want an accurate Tumbler.

I'll take pics of the custom Tumbler I got as well as the custom Burtonmobile when I get the chance. The Tumbler is a tad oversized in comparison to the accurate scaling, but it fits a Batpod inside and is pretty awesome looking!

Picked up the Aquaman set today.

the vehicle is cool and the little frozen minifig case is great.

Mr freeze is great, love how he looks more like the Arkham City look. Aquaman is good too, the only dissapointment was Batman, the white suit is mostly grey which is a shame

Aquaman's a badass. I'd like to see how Cap holds up against an army of very angry Sharks and Piranhas.

Picked up the Aquaman set today.

the vehicle is cool and the little frozen minifig case is great.

Mr freeze is great, love how he looks more like the Arkham City look. Aquaman is good too, the only dissapointment was Batman, the white suit is mostly grey which is a shame

The one thing that disappointed me about the set was that Freeze only has 1 face. His helmet covers the back and they easily could have done a second face on him. Its not really like he is going to be displayed without the suit on him after all. I'd understand that if he was in an Arkham jumpsuit or something, but he's meant to be suited. But yeah, definitely Arkaham City inspired. The new Robin in the Arkham set clearly is too. Wish we'd actually get an Arkham City set with an Arkham Batman and Joker.

Aquaman's a badass. I'd like to see how Cap holds up against an army of very angry Sharks and Piranhas.

I'd like to see him do that in the desert or the middle of a land locked city :lol Aquaman can be a fearsome foe, but he has a limited use for his skills. Not every battle ground will have a giant water source. That's why he was dropped from the Justice League cartoon for Hawkgirl :rotfl

Such a shame they only did one non-Batman DC character this year.

There's only been one non-Batman villain since the Superheroes launch & of the Batman villains there hasn't been a new character made yet.

Would love to see Clayface minifig.

After all of that Bat-complaining you want Clayface? :lol

This is only the beginning of the year, I imagine a second wave at least before the end of the year. This batch was only 3 sets, 1 of them an exclusive. That can't be it for the entire year. The first batch last year was much larger and that was all for the year. I hope that isn't the same this year. Surely we'll see something with Toy Fair next month.

Congrats. Picked up the Tumbler set myself on Monday. The mini figures are great, especially Gordon.

The one thing that disappointed me about the set was that Freeze only has 1 face. His helmet covers the back and they easily could have done a second face on him. Its not really like he is going to be displayed without the suit on him after all. I'd understand that if he was in an Arkham jumpsuit or something, but he's meant to be suited. But yeah, definitely Arkaham City inspired. The new Robin in the Arkham set clearly is too. Wish we'd actually get an Arkham City set with an Arkham Batman and Joker.

I'd like to see him do that in the desert or the middle of a land locked city :lol Aquaman can be a fearsome foe, but he has a limited use for his skills. Not every battle ground will have a giant water source. That's why he was dropped from the Justice League cartoon for Hawkgirl :rotfl

What we also have to remember is that Aquaman is the king of Atlantis. I find it difficult to believe that he would not be highly trained in the art of war and hold such a position. This isn't King Joffrey we're talking about here, this is a dude who moonlights with the Justice League, after all. I doubt that he carries that big *** trident as a "stylish accessory." I'm sorry, and this isn't directed towards you, but more toward the geek community as a whole. Point being: **** gets old. Aquaman is a great character with lots of potential, and I get tired of people judging the guy solely based on the silver age version that would be sitting ringside in a GL constructed kiddie pool while the rest of the JL does battle. It's not fair to the character.

For God's sake, Batman fought rainbow monsters and wore multicolored bat suits, yet we don't dwell on that. So, what is it about Aquaman that makes him get all the ****? Personally, I think the character could be a huge money maker for WB and DC if done right. Just imagine a sweeping LotR style epic with Atlantis as the backdrop and King Arthur as the protagonist. You could have the betrayal of his brother, and, if you really wanted to go dark with it, the death of his infant son at the hands of his nemesis.

What we also have to remember is that Aquaman is the king of Atlantis. I find it difficult to believe that he would not be highly trained in the art of war and hold such a position. This isn't King Joffrey we're talking about here, this is a dude who moonlights with the Justice League, after all. I doubt that he carries that big *** trident as a "stylish accessory." I'm sorry, and this isn't directed towards you, but more toward the geek community as a whole. Point being: **** gets old. Aquaman is a great character with lots of potential, and I get tired of people judging the guy solely based on the silver age version that would be sitting ringside in a GL constructed kiddie pool while the rest of the JL does battle. It's not fair to the character.

For God's sake, Batman fought rainbow monsters and wore multicolored bat suits, yet we don't dwell on that. So, what is it about Aquaman that makes him get all the ****? Personally, I think the character could be a huge money maker for WB and DC if done right. Just imagine a sweeping LotR style epic with Atlantis as the backdrop and King Arthur as the protagonist. You could have the betrayal of his brother, and, if you really wanted to go dark with it, the death of his infant son at the hands of his nemesis.

Totally agree. WB should be looking at an Aquaman movie as a precursor to Justice League, especially with how well Geoff Johns is writing the character these days. It would work much better as a movie than The Flash imo.

Released in May … for the Superman Man of Steel film … again, each set recreated major scenes from the movies …

76002 as yet unamed … includes Superman and General Zod minifigures. Price point £11.99.

76003 as yet unamed … includes Superman, Colonel Hardy, General Zod, Faora and another figure perhaps, but I can’t read my own handwriting … maybe Lorvan?! Price Point £39.99

76009 as yet unamed … includes an exclusive Lois Lane, Superman and General Zod. Price point £19.99.

Back