Lego DC Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lego DC 2012. NOW 2013!!!

BoodyLess Mr Freeze (Batman Beyond) and armour.

img1623x.jpg

Kitbashed/custom Freeze Ray

img1626u.jpg

img1627fe.jpg

What I really want is one of those custom builds of The Bat to go with my Tumbler. I got this off eBay in 2008 for $85 and it's a thing of beauty. Flames turn with the back wheels, Batpod ejects, and mines come out of hatches on each side. Of course since schmucks are willing to overpay for anything bat-related these days, a piece like this or The Bat (of comparable quality) are well over $200 now.

lego1.jpg

lego2.jpg

I now have all the DC sets issued since last year, apart from the Tumbler and Bat - just can't bring myself to buy it because it looks so dull.

Currently partway through building Arkham Asylum Breakout. It's a really impressive set in every way, and is going to dwarf my original 2006 Arkham.

The Batman II series has a great feel to it. Like a cross between the '60s TV series and some of the darker, sinister comicbook tales appearing from the '70s onwards. It's hard to describe.

The only grumble I have is that the purple/orange Two-Face is a little bit Batman Forever! :horror

No, Orange and Purple Two Face is WAAAY old school. He should have had a green face instead of purple though. I have to admit black and white is my favorite suit design though.

TWB should be looking at an Aquaman movie as a precursor to Justice League, especially with how well Geoff Johns is writing the character these days.

oh, i wish!

Currently partway through building Arkham Asylum Breakout. It's a really impressive set in every way....

i saw this all set up at the lego store last weekend and it was really cool (i was so tempted). but i've got to put limits on the toys.

is it possible to just find parts of these sets (like individual characters)?

Here's the synopsis I linked to earlier:

When Bruce Wayne receives the man of the year award, fellow billionaire Lex Luthor becomes jealous and decides to run for President. To create the atmosphere for his type of fear-based politics Lex recruits the Joker to perfect a Black LEGO Destructor Ray which wreaks havoc on Gotham. As Lex destroys Batman's tech, Batman reluctantly turns to Superman for help.
Special Features:

Includes UltraViolet so you can enjoy the film on many different compatible devices. MUST ENTER REDEMPTION CODE BY 05/21/2015 TO REDEEM ULTRAVIOLET OFFER. DOES NOT INCLUDE iTUNES FILE.

Street Date: 5/21/13
MSRP: $24.98
Rating: PG-13
Run Time: 71

Includes an exclusive Clark Kent/Superman Lego Minifigure (Initial Ship Only)

Last edited:

It was when I saw figures selling on Ebay for almost as much (and sometimes more) than the total cost of the set itself, that I decided to go ahead and order some sets direct from Lego.

The eight figures from Arkham, for instance, had been going for around £100. And some of those from Marvel sets had been £13.99 each.

For parts and figures you could also try www.Bricklink.com. It's an international buy-it-now site dedicated to Lego, where you can find anything from complete sets down to the most obscure individual piece.

yikes on the prices! thanks for the link ~ will check it out.

: D

That's how I feel since it looks like its just the cut scenes from the video game. Had it actually been something new, I'd be OK with it. I just hope Amazon will have it cheap sometime. I've got younger cousins so having a kid friendly show like this won't go to waste at least.

That's how I feel since it looks like its just the cut scenes from the video game. Had it actually been something new, I'd be OK with it. I just hope Amazon will have it cheap sometime. I've got younger cousins so having a kid friendly show like this won't go to waste at least.

It's not only the cut scenes... There is only about 50mins of cut scenes in the game... The movie is 20mins longer. Which is obviously the playable game action scene.

Seems you guys are assuming a lot. More than likely, this is new content using the storyline from the game, expanding upon the established storyline. Of course it could be a shameless cashgrab of recycled content, only time will tell.

Since I don't play the games, it willall be new to me regardless.

The trailer looked identical to the game cut scenes. It's a cash grab adding minimal new material to replace the the game play. Sadly it's that figure that will get most to purchase this.

Back