LAST CALL!!! - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose

Small update, I got the first sample in, and the detail is pretty great, the slots for the blood slides are very detailed.

My only disappointment is the hinges are too small for the printer to be able to pick up that channel where I need to run the pin through to have it hinged. Other than that I'm very impressed.

I looked at RM's slide box again and his hinges are too large to be accurate but I know why they are larger, they need to be to have this be able to open and close.

Right now my lid sits perfectly onto the bottom, and the top can lift off but not hinge-open.

I want to hold off showing photos until I have something more final.

Would like feedback from you guys who are seriously interested before I make my next move, its you guys who need to be happy with the final product.

I can make the hinges and front clasp larger and that may work, but it will be less accurate.

Obviously if I need to do some model tweaks and have new prints made it will take some time.

Please post your thoughts on this, would love the feedback.

EDIT:

I think I just solved my own issue, found some sourced miniature hinges, going to order and have a new model output without the hinges molded into the plastic.

screenshot20120329at123.jpg

Last edited:

Do what you got to do Corrose. I really won't be able to tell until I see the images with the bigger hinges. I'd just be happy to have a 1/6 scale blood box.

EDIT:
I think I just solved my own issue, found some sourced miniature hinges, going to order and have a new model output without the hinges molded into the plastic.

screenshot20120329at123.jpg

:clap Def awesome to hear that 3D-printer gived such a detailed model.
And glad that you solved this prob with hinges THAT FAST :lol

Thanks for the support.
Surprisingly the hinges I found are the exact size as the ones I modeled, meaning this will be a very accurately scaled solution.

I'm dying to show you guys how crisp the detail is in the slotted area where the slides go, but I really want to get the new sample in and the hinges and post those photos instead.

I'll keep all posted!

FINALLY, I received my revised prints after doing some tweaking to the model, and I am floored at the quality and detail on the print! I couldn't be happier. As mentioned earlier I found and bought some REAL working metal/brass hinges that will come with each kit. The only thing that could not be sourced was an accurate WORKING clasp, so it's molded into each assembly half. Also, you can't tell from these photos, but the bottom of the bottom assembly has 4 bumpers, one in each corner, just like the original prop.

The way I designed it, the latch is part of the bottom assembly and will close around the latch part on the top assembly. Front latch will not be able to be flipped outward, but will still close flush/correctly.

I'm going to paint mine up tonight if I have time and post photos.

What I need to do now is test the waters for interest.
Please post (even if you have previously posted) your interest and quantity. This is not a commitment to buy and I don't want anyone sending any kind of funds, based on the quantity of interest I can get a kit price posted asap.

As it stands This will be kit only, you'll get bottom and top assembly, hinges and I'm working through being able to include the blood slides, depending on how my test run goes.

A few photos:

albrightslide04.jpg

albrightslide06.jpg

albrightslide05.jpg

albrightslide03.jpg

albrightslide07.jpg

albrightslide01.jpg

albrightslide02.jpg

Damned that came our sick!!!!!!! Congrats man.

Definitely Interested!!!

Put me down

Great Work

Looks great!

I'd love to get one. I hope you are able to offer slides as well.

You can put me down as interested, amazing work! :duff

yes yes yes yes, count me in as long as the price is reasonable.
Will they be offered up painted?

yes yes yes yes, count me in as long as the price is reasonable.
Will they be offered up painted?

I wasn't planning on offering painted because I don't consider myself a fantastic painter like some of the talent on these boards but I guess when I post pics of my finished one you guys can be the judge. Most likely kit only, but I'm not closed off to the alternative.

Stay tuned

This is increadibly looking print indeed!
Really happy that your awesome model has found its way into the real physical life w/o any loss.

Me and my friend are definitely interested in 2 kits (depending on the final price) :)

Back