LAST CALL!!! - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP - 1/6 Scale Miami Serial Killer Slide Box by Corrose

Laid down 2 flat colors just to see what it could look like.
I still need to paint the front clasp and add some detailing, but since I probably won't be offering a painted version, I won't hold up the run waiting for me to get around to finishing my paintup.
I'll put my focus next on seeing what I can do about the actual slides. I think honestly once I figure out a slide solution, I'll determine the final price and then start taking orders.

Ideally what I'm picturing as an offering is a kit that contains:

- Raw upper assembly print
- Raw lower assembly print
- Set of miniature brass hinges
- Paper insert that goes under the lid that lists the slide numbers
- Slides with bloodstains (if I can find a solution I feel works correctly)

The raw prints need very, very little prepping. The photos I posted this afternoon were taken about 30 minutes after I opened the shipment. I had to do a TINY bit of sanding on the bottom where the feet are, and then I primed the pieces and took photos.
If anyone has any questions, comments, etc, would love to hear back.
I'll update the list tomorrow.

dex1r.jpg

alb01.jpg

How about using sticky tape as the slide material, double it up, adhesive to adhesive, with a dot of red paint between them. Trim to size, considering size, I would think it would be rigid enough.

Wow that looks insanely good! Depending on final cost I'm interested :rock

the only comment i have is...I want one....like...NOW....LOL...this is awesome dude....really can't wait to add this to my dexter collection...:)

I'm very interested, depending on the final price of course.

Looks awesome with the paint.

if you have access to a paper cutter , i recomend plasic as the slides.

A while back i made a cheap slide box and i used a piece of plastic like from a clam shell on an action figure . Any plastic with the view that holds a product would work

Exactly, what I'm probably going to go with is a material like they use for transparencies, it's pretty thin and flexible. Anything too much wider and you risk breaking the slots in the model when you push the slides down into position. So that's the likely material I'll be going with.

If that's too thin for anyone's tastes, I'll probably just offer a kit version without slides.

Interest list has been updated, page 1.
If I have anyone down incorrectly, please let me know.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited:

Also I got a PM about the front latch, again to clarify the front latch is molded into the plastic, both the top half and bottom half. The front latch piece that you would flip outwards does not move in my replica, however I designed it so that it looks correct when the lid is closed. I'm going to make sure I'm crystal clear about details like this so that we're all on the same page. So don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any.

I'd like one depending on cost :). It looks really good man!

Put me down for one please, it looks incredible! This will look best held by my casual/day time clothing Dexter!:)

That box looks sick!!! I'd like to be added to the interest list please.

Very interested. Please add me to the list.

Incredible work on these Corrose. Looks just like Jimmy's show box.

Any ideas for slides?

No photos to show this second but I made a set of slides for my proto last night using transparency sheets. I added the blood drops by hand to each and even included the smiley face slide.

I'll see what I can do about showing some updates tonight if possible.

I'm interested pending price.

Interest List Updated. Hoping to have some prices in a day or so.

Some shots to see how the first run of slides came out.
I'm happy with them, but I want to do another run with the paint a little more watered down, and the red a little darker. The blood on these is a little too opaque. Hinges have not been attached yet either.

Thoughts?

slide1iqb.jpg

slide2ii.jpg

Back